Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Underwired bras 7 weeks post op

+3
ShootingStar
sexybum
stotty5586
7 posters

Go down

Underwired bras 7 weeks post op Empty Underwired bras 7 weeks post op

Post by stotty5586 6th May 2010, 12:56 pm

Hi girls, I just wanted a bit of advise. I was told by my surgeon not to wear underwired bra's until 6 months post-op, but I am going out on Sat night and desperately want to wear a lovely new bra which makes my boobs look ace in. The non-wired bras dont flatter them very much at all. I am now 7 1/2 weeks post op. Do you think it would be safe to wear one just for a few hours?
stotty5586
stotty5586
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 40

Back to top Go down

Underwired bras 7 weeks post op Empty Re: Underwired bras 7 weeks post op

Post by sexybum 6th May 2010, 1:15 pm

I would say yes hun!
6months post op seems abit much but every surgeons different I suppose, hope you have a fantastic night lovely!

x x
sexybum
sexybum
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 291

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 6th May 2010, 2:11 pm

6 months seems a bit long to wait for the pleasure of an underwire bra!!!
I practically live in them at the moment and have for a few months because it's helping to shape my boobs.
I would say it would be perfectly safe for a few hours (as long as there is no medical reason why you cannot wear one)
Have fun Underwired bras 7 weeks post op 184153
xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 6th May 2010, 3:52 pm

I agree, as long as it's only for a relatively short amount of time! Underwired bras 7 weeks post op 184153 have a fab time! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by stotty5586 7th May 2010, 12:15 pm

Thanks girlies. My scars have healed fab, had no problems at all so im sure it will be ok. Everyone Ive spoke to have worn them after 6 weeks. I will stick to the 6 months thing though, just use tomoro night as an exception! Ive waited so long just didnt want to ruin them, but he is the only person ive heard say 6 months. They are under the muscle, do you think that might effect anything? xx
stotty5586
stotty5586
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 7th May 2010, 12:31 pm

I agree with the others hun you should be fine. Have fun! x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 7th May 2010, 2:17 pm

stotty5586 wrote:Hi girls, I just wanted a bit of advise. I was told by my surgeon not to wear underwired bra's until 6 months post-op, but I am going out on Sat night and desperately want to wear a lovely new bra which makes my boobs look ace in. The non-wired bras dont flatter them very much at all. I am now 7 1/2 weeks post op. Do you think it would be safe to wear one just for a few hours?

Are you sure you heard right Stotty and your surgeon said 6 months and not 6 weeks babe? I don't think I've heard of anyone not being able to wear bras for 6 months hunni and if he did say 6 months did you ask what the reason was for that?

I'd call your clinic hun and just ask why you can't wear bras for 6 months, maybe your surgeon feels it may damage your boobs if you do and for the sake of a night out it just isn't worth the risk imo babe. 6 months does seem like an awfully long time to be advised against underwires hunni so I'd want to find out the reasoning if it were me babe. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynnie 7th May 2010, 2:28 pm

I've been advised by my PS this morning that I can't wear underwires til 3 months which seems ages. 6 months sounds way over cautious!

I was under the impression that with a properly fitted underwired bra that the wires sit flat against your chest underneath the breasts so they shouldn't poke in anyway?

I won't be risking it til 3 months but like Cookie says it's definitely worth checking with your PS. I got some non wired bras today and they are not very flattering, it's so hard to get nice ones x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by stotty5586 7th May 2010, 4:18 pm

aw thanks for ur replies.i will ring the hospital and see if they can help.i dont want to wear wired bras yet all the time but just for a one off.he didnt really say why not and i was takin so much info in i didnt ask,silly me! ive got some non wired bras from new look;primark and debenhams.the ones from debenhams are quite ugly but are most supportive.thanks again xx
stotty5586
stotty5586
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by stotty5586 17th May 2010, 12:14 pm

Hi everyone, just to let you know, I rang the hospital and spoke to the breast nurse. She said that it is 6 months, and thats because my surgeon thinks if you wear them sooner it can spoil the end result. I didnt wear the underwired bra and still had a good night ha. Roll on September! xx
stotty5586
stotty5586
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down