Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How long before surgery?

+9
zoeb
eastla
red77
fawn
kate1977
Tilly
Funkygirl
Lynnie
Starz-10
13 posters

Go down

How long before surgery? Empty How long before surgery?

Post by Starz-10 29th March 2010, 12:48 pm

What is the usual length of time to wait for surgery after having a consultation?

Do people book surgery in within weeks of having a consultation or is it more like months?
Starz-10
Starz-10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

How long before surgery? Empty Re: How long before surgery?

Post by Lynnie 29th March 2010, 12:56 pm

Hi hun, It all depends on how soon you make your decision and how soon your PS can fit you in. I think I could have chosen a surgery date within a month of my consultation and Transform said they had surgery dates that could be booked within 2 weeks of a consultation. x
Lynnie
Lynnie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 546

Back to top Go down

Post by Funkygirl 29th March 2010, 12:58 pm

I think it's personal choice, some people like myself once I had found my surgeon I wanted it done asap and booked his next available date. I had to wait just over a month for mine. Others may wait longer before booking for all sorts of reasons. These may include work commitments, arrangements for kids care, surgeons availability amongst other things. Also, some people may want to have a cooling off period where they want some time to take everything in before booking.

Everyone different with different circumstances, theres no definitive answer hun.

Good luck on your boobie journey, it really is the best time! x x
Funkygirl
Funkygirl
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2196

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilly 29th March 2010, 1:05 pm

I booked at Christmas but would have had it done asap if it hadn't been for work commitments - I am a teacher so I had to pick a time that fitted. It all depends on how soon you want it done, whether you have any commitments and the cash!!
Tilly
Tilly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 217

Back to top Go down

Post by kate1977 29th March 2010, 1:11 pm

Hi hun I had my consult 2nd March and my op was on the 24th March xx
kate1977
kate1977
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 269

Back to top Go down

Post by fawn 29th March 2010, 1:24 pm

I think it varies with everyone. Some would like their OP as soon as possible and will book the first slot available. Others want more time to prepare themself or have to wait until certain times or holidays etc. In my particular case, I booked in january but had to go with september. This is not what I wanted to do, but in the U.S. you have to be 22 to get silicone gel implants. If I wanted saline I would probably have them right now! It really all depends on your schedule, how soon you want them, and your surgeons schedule.
fawn
fawn
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 355

Back to top Go down

Post by red77 29th March 2010, 7:31 pm

I saw both transform and Mya and was offered appts 2 weeks away. I knew for me it was better to get it done asap as the longer i wait the more i worry!! xx
red77
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 112

Back to top Go down

Post by eastla 29th March 2010, 8:29 pm

I had my consultation and booked for 6 weeks later as that was when the surgeon could fit me in. I would have had sooner if I could.

Also there are regulations around I think its BAAPS registered surgeons in that they are not allowed to operate until at least 2 weeks after the initial consult as this is the time to think it over and be sure that its what you want.

xx
eastla
eastla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 803

Back to top Go down

Post by zoeb 29th March 2010, 8:35 pm

Hi

Like Tilly I am a teacher and so slotted mine into the Easter holidays. Most surgeons will try to accomdate your needs as it's all wonga to them! :) If you're anything like me who has always been an NHS patient in the past, you kind of forget it is you that is calling the shots... you're paying so you can ask for what you want when you want!!! As long as your surgeon is free then you choose what suits I think! Just give yourself time to get your head aorund it and think of questions, that's all.

xx
zoeb
zoeb
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 680

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkbabe 29th March 2010, 9:50 pm

I think it depends on the person. Some people like lots of time to think things over and others just go for it. I took my time and saw a few surgeons. I would have done it quicker but money was an issue for a while. x
pinkbabe
pinkbabe
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 4947

Back to top Go down

Post by Mistydinlv 30th March 2010, 2:31 am

It just depends on how booked your PS is. I had my consult Feb 2nd and initially scheduled my BA for March 25th but then around March 1st I changed my mind and had my BA moved to the 12th. Some people like to have several consults with several different PS. I only went to one because he has an awesome reputation and I've personally seen his work on about 10 different girls.....4 of them being my close friends.
Mistydinlv
Mistydinlv
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by bumblebabe 2nd April 2010, 10:23 am

on my first consultation they said couple of weeks, that was bupa spires, dont no what the next people will say there mcindoe
bumblebabe
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 694

Back to top Go down

Post by NurseSophie89 2nd April 2010, 12:04 pm

My surgery is April 4th and my consultation was March 3rd! However, its something ive been thinking of for years. Its just whatever is the right choice 4 you lovely! xx
NurseSophie89
NurseSophie89
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1920

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down