Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHS...... Help please

5 posters

Go down

NHS...... Help please Empty NHS...... Help please

Post by joestiny 13th January 2010, 11:26 pm

Hi there,
I am in need of some help.
Basically my story is as follows......

I am 22 years old, and I have always had small boobs that I was never comfortable about, I have never had high self esteem because of it. But I have now had 2 children and my boobs are practically non-existant and I HATE it so much. I have been with my fiance for nearly 7 years and I hate taking my clothes off in front of him or being naked in front of him because I feel so horrible about the way I look. He is very understanding and I know that the size of my boobs doesn't bother him at all, but I still hate it. Would I be able to get a BA on the NHS or would I need to save up and go private?? Also I dont really know how to go about it with the NHS, my GP is really nice but I am so embarrassed by my boobs that I dont know how to approach the subject with him, any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks girls
Tiny xx
joestiny
joestiny
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

NHS...... Help please Empty Re: NHS...... Help please

Post by misf1 14th January 2010, 12:11 am

I will admit that I did approach my GP to see whether I would be eligable for a BA on the NHS as I had quite a history of depression with body image and other reasons. Basically in my area (all are different) they told me it was impossible to refer me but could put me forward for counciling (which I already had) due to the fact that people with extreme asymetry or abnormalities were even being refused. The only people getting NHS treatment were those who needed reconstructive surgery or breast reductions due to ill health. So my GP refused to refer me but did say anything I did to improve my confidence would help and did not think I was silly for asking, he just knew I would be refused point blank.
But saying that, that was just in my local health authority and the criteria for each one is different. What I do if I am worried about a subject is write everything I want to say down. I tell him I'm not sure that I will remember to say what I want to say, so I've wrote it all down and hand him the sheet of paper. Bless him, he reads it and it doesn't seem to bother him, so ther people must do it too lol.
I would be prepared to be refused and to have to save up though I'm afraid. I used a 0% interest credit card.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by joestiny 14th January 2010, 3:00 pm

Hi Misf1,
Thanks for that, it seems like the best way to approach my GP.
I dont know if my local authority will do it, my sister and one of my friends got theirs done on the NHS a few years ago but they are in a different area to me and neither of them can remember what they said to their GP's as they were just so relieved to get it done, thats what they focused on. I am going to make an appointment with my GP soon to find out if he thinks I might be eligable.

Thanks for your help

Tiny xxx
joestiny
joestiny
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 14th January 2010, 9:14 pm

Hi Joestiny, welcome to BJS

If you're not comfortable talking to your GP about it I'd ask to have an appointment with a femal GP who may (big may) be more understanding. My GP isn't very sensitive to feminine issues so I asked to see who a female doctor who was able to talk more frankly.

My friend that lost 5 stones and left with mostly skin for boobs is struggling to get hers done with the NHS, its very rare that most people get it done without going through counselling or waiting over a year.
Good luck hun, let us know how it goes for you NHS...... Help please 321562
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by joestiny 18th January 2010, 8:59 pm

Hi girls,

I went to see a female doctor at my surgery today, I told her everything, and she was very sympathetic, but she also told me that in my local authority BAs can not be done except for people who have had a mastectomy, i am upset, but if I hadnt asked I wouldnt know, and it is nice to know that they will do it for those unfortunate people who have suffered such an awful thing. So, it looks like I am going to have to start saving the pennies and get it done privately......

Thanks for your advise, it was very helpful. now I shall start looking at clinics etc, and try to get the ball rolling........

Thanks girlies xxxx
joestiny
joestiny
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 19th January 2010, 3:40 pm

I know it's a lot of money to go private, but the great thing is that you are more in control, you can choose the company, the surgeon, the type of impant etc, and in this climate it is possible to knock the companies down a hefty way in price.

Good luck hun xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 20th January 2010, 9:31 pm

So sorry to here the NHS was not helpful for you. i know all to well how rubbish the nhs is. Good luck with saving and finding a surgeon you love xx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum