Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MRI Scans

+3
katie
misf1
georgieporgie
7 posters

Go down

MRI Scans Empty MRI Scans

Post by georgieporgie 3rd November 2009, 9:19 pm

Hi girlies,
I've been told when I have my boobs done to have an MRI every 3 years to make sure there is no ruptures, have you had one done? and how much did it cost you because obviously it will be more thorough with breast augmentation patients?

thank u!xxxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

MRI Scans Empty Re: MRI Scans

Post by misf1 3rd November 2009, 9:23 pm

I wasn't told that. I thought I might need one after 10 - 15 years to check them to see if they needed replacing. Or if I had any problems/lumps/swellin under arms. I wont be paying to have one every 3 years that's for sure. Do transform offer you this? Do they do it?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 9:29 pm

I had one hun through NHS for a spinal problem, they are quite horrid especially if yr claustrophobic, luckily I am not, but I was surprised how noisy it is, sounds like your in middle of a war zone, machine guns going off all around you.. lasts about 20-30 mins too, u go in on your back and just lay there, can't move your arms and you wear headphones with radio playing but you still hear it..

I wasn't told I had to have one either, my surgeon reckons ten yrs should do em, and maybethen some unless complications arise..

xxxx

ps. privately I think they cost minimum £1,000......
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by georgieporgie 3rd November 2009, 9:36 pm

A friend of mine who has hers done told me she was told that by her surgeon, but i thought it around 10 years too......i think if any problems arise then do one i suppose just wanted to check what you girls thought! katie ur experience in a MRI sounds v weird!the warzone bit made me laugh tho! lol and £1,000 is a hell of a lot! its just because it's harder to detect ruptures with sicilone implants so wondered if you needed them reguarly MRI Scans 751387 thanks girl!xxxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd November 2009, 9:40 pm

Oh god when I had my BA I forgot what an MRI was, it's that tube thing. I can't have one ever. They tried to give me one for my back on NHS but I opted for the old fashioned version, being injected with radio active stuff and lying on a bed in a room with an x ray thing moving way up over the top of me, I couldn't move but I had a whole room. I can't physically have an MRI I'd smash it to peices they have to do it under GA. I'm very claustraphobic.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 9:41 pm

Georgie you are talking about a MRI not a CT scan?? they're different, CT is like a donut and easy! MRI is def not nice experience! x
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 9:42 pm

misf1 wrote:Oh god when I had my BA I forgot what an MRI was, it's that tube thing. I can't have one ever. They tried to give me one for my back on NHS but I opted for the old fashioned version, being injected with radio active stuff and lying on a bed in a room with an x ray thing moving way up over the top of me, I couldn't move but I had a whole room. I can't physically have an MRI I'd smash it to peices they have to do it under GA. I'm very claustraphobic.

yep, you got it misf1... thats a mri,, friend of mine has to be sedated when she has them.. xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by michas 3rd November 2009, 10:02 pm

misf1 wrote:Oh god when I had my BA I forgot what an MRI was, it's that tube thing. I can't have one ever. They tried to give me one for my back on NHS but I opted for the old fashioned version, being injected with radio active stuff and lying on a bed in a room with an x ray thing moving way up over the top of me, I couldn't move but I had a whole room. I can't physically have an MRI I'd smash it to peices they have to do it under GA. I'm very claustraphobic.

Ah yes!! MRI are not nice. I had one for a problem with my wrist a few years ago. I didnt consider myself claustrophobic until that point! They played Dido in headphones but i could still hear all the banging and clatter that goes on. They also gave me a panic button in case I really couldnt hack it. As I moved slowly up the tube I really did feel quite panicy, until I saw the light at the other end. Something I dont ever really want to have to repeat I must admit!

Michas x
michas
michas
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Post by georgieporgie 3rd November 2009, 10:10 pm

katie0506 wrote:Georgie you are talking about a MRI not a CT scan?? they're different, CT is like a donut and easy! MRI is def not nice experience! x

uumm not sure I was meaning the breast screening they do for breast cancer and implant rupture....my friend is rubbish first she says you need scans every 3 years and then said they are called MRI scans think ive been given some false information!! sorry didnt mean to scare you guys! MRI Scans 571992
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 10:13 pm

georgieporgie wrote:
katie0506 wrote:Georgie you are talking about a MRI not a CT scan?? they're different, CT is like a donut and easy! MRI is def not nice experience! x

uumm not sure I was meaning the breast screening they do for breast cancer and implant rupture....my friend is rubbish first she says you need scans every 3 years and then said they are called MRI scans think ive been given some false information!! sorry didnt mean to scare you guys! MRI Scans 571992

MRI Scans 557141 think you're on a about a mammogram!! don't worry hun, you didn't scare me at my age its the new wrinkles I see in the morning scare me most!!!!!!! MRI Scans 557141
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by georgieporgie 3rd November 2009, 10:15 pm

HAHA!!! I'm such a nut! think ill just delete this thread before anyone else reads my dumbness MRI Scans 557141 whats the procedure with mammograms? do you have to have them reguarly at all?xxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 10:35 pm

my gp is always careful with me, one of my relatives has lost her battle against breast cancer (she was only 42), and another has had double masectomy.... so I get checked quite often, if I find anything they send me straight for one..

u stand there and they squash your boob one at a time in this machine MRI Scans 557141 weird feeling cos your trapped by your boobie and can't move away!! but youre just stood up with naked top half! its fine, but my surgeon did tell me with implants mammograms are not so diagnostic, so we have to take special care and feel your boobs regularly, any subtle changes need checking huni!
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 3rd November 2009, 10:45 pm

Your ot dumb hun, the use lots of procedures to check for ruptures including MRI's.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 3rd November 2009, 10:45 pm

Aw!! Alls well that ends well eh!! MRI Scans 557141

I am fine with the MRI scan...just stop breathing for a bit...... and listen to the cluncking noises!!!!!

I am having my Mammogramm tomos. Georgie!! I posted about this the other day, been moved to Health section I think now? First one with my silicones. I shall feedback on process for others. It is uncomfortable with no boobs!! Soo I will find out if any different with them......I can feel the slamming as I speak MRI Scans 370474
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 10:48 pm

Mia are you ok hun?? I just read somewhere you on walking stick.. have you had your op? MRI Scans 184153 ??

xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 3rd November 2009, 10:53 pm

If you were to have one done it wouldnt be on the NHS as they wouldn't fund that, you would have to go private and i think they're around £500, not sure. I wasnt told to do this, a lot of US ladies are but they are very paranoid about silicone over there still. If it makes you feel safer theres no reason no to. I've heard an ultrasound is much cheaper and much more effective at finding ruptures x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 3rd November 2009, 11:00 pm

katie0506 wrote:Mia are you ok hun?? I just read somewhere you on walking stick.. have you had your op? MRI Scans 184153 ??

xx

MRI Scans 557141 Aw Katie!!

Thank You for asking!! MRI Scans 571992 Gosh how do I explain???
I used a walking stick to lean on after my boobie op MRI Scans 751387 I need to stop sharing!!

I tried everything to get out of bed or bath, with age tummy and arm muscles failed me....so whilst walking around the house for excercise (as you do) found a friends walking stick, it was great for fishing things down from high shelves etc. then I had a brainwave to use to get out of bed etc. I never stopped laughing at myself, often on the floor aching at my own madness MRI Scans 557141 MRI Scans 557141 It worked though.....OOh did I just love my journey MRI Scans 683361 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 3rd November 2009, 11:05 pm

mia wrote:
katie0506 wrote:Mia are you ok hun?? I just read somewhere you on walking stick.. have you had your op? MRI Scans 184153 ??

xx

MRI Scans 557141 Aw Katie!!

Thank You for asking!! MRI Scans 571992 Gosh how do I explain???
I used a walking stick to lean on after my boobie op MRI Scans 751387 I need to stop sharing!!

I tried everything to get out of bed or bath, with age tummy and arm muscles failed me....so whilst walking around the house for excercise (as you do) found a friends walking stick, it was great for fishing things down from high shelves etc. then I had a brainwave to use to get out of bed etc. I never stopped laughing at myself, often on the floor aching at my own madness MRI Scans 557141 MRI Scans 557141 It worked though.....OOh did I just love my journey MRI Scans 683361 xx

phew MRI Scans 70324 thats a relief, suddenly I thought I had missed something and your op was today.. MRI Scans 343337 getting out of bed is a tricky one!! my bum shuffle was very established after few days!! xxxxxxx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th November 2009, 7:45 am

georgieporgie wrote:

Nope, she's actually right, although I don't think you'd need a scan every three years... just check your breasts as you normally would and if you ever feel any abnormalities then see your doc to be reffered for an MRI scan.... This would be free on the NHS.

From what I've read an MRI scan is more effective in finding tumours in women with implants as an implant can obscure breast tissue on a mammogram as it just shows as a white mass....

You can read a little about it HERE

My rupture was detected through a CT, I have a condition called sarcoidosis though so do have to be scanned anyway from time to time.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by georgieporgie 4th November 2009, 9:41 am

thanks for ur help girls!! MRI Scans 259990 now I realise that there is a lot of procedures that can be used to detect ruptures! cookie thank u for the article that has helped clarify a few things because I was getting confused, I think just to check regularly and be vigilant is the best thing MRI Scans 683328 mia! I hope everything goes well with your mammograph today! would love to hear how it went and how you found it!nads thanks for the info on pricing, it's good that everyone knows that some of these scans do come at a price! xxxxxxxxxxx
georgieporgie
georgieporgie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down