Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you measure yourself?

+3
fluffy_bunn1e
misf1
angelslice
7 posters

Go down

How do you measure yourself? Empty How do you measure yourself?

Post by angelslice 22nd October 2009, 3:25 pm

I know there's been a few threads recently about girls doing the online measuring things and being disappointed so what is the correct way to measure yourself?

Surely it can't be something exclusive to shops only? Otherwise do you go purely on the bra size you wear? I'm only asking cos I had my ba yesterday and none of the sports bra's I bought seem to fit and not sure what size to go for next. I'm housebound for a while as can't drive so would've gotten something online.

Hope someone can help, thanks girls x
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 454

Back to top Go down

How do you measure yourself? Empty Re: How do you measure yourself?

Post by misf1 22nd October 2009, 3:48 pm

Not really sure to be honest hun. There's so many different ways with a tape measure. I found going up a band size was helpful after my op, what's the biggest size you have with you and how does it not fit? too tight around your ribs or too big/small in the cup? I had 410's and wore 36D then 34DD and E bras (I'm normally a 32). Sorry I'm not much help I get so confused with these tape measure things.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 22nd October 2009, 3:49 pm

yes with a tape measure, i measured myself years ago with a catologue guide, wat bad size are you normally? id oreder a few diff band and cup sizes online hun xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by staci_x 22nd October 2009, 3:50 pm

Not sure! I know you do the band and then if its even add 4 or odd add 5! Then do the fullest part of the bust and if it's the same it aa, 1 inch diff a, 2inch b and so on.

Not sure how accurate that is though, I done myself yday and am a 32b How do you measure yourself? Suspect so hoping not
staci_x
staci_x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 182

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 22nd October 2009, 3:55 pm

haha we're all in the same boat with the blinking tape measure then!!

Right, I now have in my sports bra collection (think I have enough to start a shop of my own now) a 32d, 32dd, 32e, 32f. I started out a 32d and took with me the 32f but that doesn't fit. It's fine on the band but really gapes at the front, it's pulled really taut and hurts my boobs.

When I tried the tape measure technique that catalogues use and that fluffy mentioned, I came up as a 32d, that's what I was before ba! lol, you gotta laugh x
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 22nd October 2009, 3:57 pm

Hysterical think we drive ourselves mad with sizes!
I would order a 32 ff and a 32g hun, and maybe a 34 d, 34 e, 34 ee, you can send them all back which ones you dont wear xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 22nd October 2009, 3:59 pm

I agree 32FF and G maybe the 34's as fb suggests.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 22nd October 2009, 4:44 pm

Thanks girls, knew you'd be able to help! it's mainly swelling i expect so hopefully in the long run one of the others will fit!
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 22nd October 2009, 5:10 pm

Hi Angelslice!!

First off How do you measure yourself? 828394 hope all went well and you are happy with results!!

Measuring is How do you measure yourself? 513645

How about getting a couple of bra extenders? from la Senza, figleaves, e.bay. to enable you to use what you have for now.

I do agree probably is band size that is needing to go up to compensate for swelling as well as cup size.

However, remember that sports bras are different from normal bras....when size will alter again...mad I know!! How do you measure yourself? 557141

For now you really need comfort and support forget the numbers and letters.....they will grow in time.

I seen some new Royce post surgery bras on e.bay the other day for £12.50 great price and they are fab and very stretchy.

Good Luck and happy healing How do you measure yourself? 358498 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by angelslice 22nd October 2009, 5:19 pm

Thankyou Mia, you're a sweetheart. It's just that having an f cup bra not fit I didn't know where else to go. Like you say i'm probably not that big and you can't really measure swelling can you, just go for the most comfortable option.
I had Mr Adamo who says it's ok to go without sports bra at all but where this is great around the house I don't think I'd like to go to work bra-less! xxx
angelslice
angelslice
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 22nd October 2009, 5:32 pm

How do you measure yourself? 801367 bless

I think you probaly are that big in cup size....but swelling and sports bras are not a guide to final results and normal bras.

Nipple covers are also an option or I seen some boobtubue things in Primark recently, also camies with bust support if no bra is advised.

I think MarieMc. also had a lovely cami support from Peacocks. and M&S do them too. Good luck comfort and nipple show seems to be what is needed. I just got some silicone nipple covers...brill..they stick on and stay on How do you measure yourself? 727935
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

How do you measure yourself? Empty Hi sorry to butt in!

Post by Crystal 24th October 2009, 5:51 pm

mia wrote:Hi Angelslice!!

First off How do you measure yourself? 828394 hope all went well and you are happy with results!!

Measuring is How do you measure yourself? 513645

How about getting a couple of bra extenders? from la Senza, figleaves, e.bay. to enable you to use what you have for now.

I do agree probably is band size that is needing to go up to compensate for swelling as well as cup size.

However, remember that sports bras are different from normal bras....when size will alter again...mad I know!! How do you measure yourself? 557141

For now you really need comfort and support forget the numbers and letters.....they will grow in time.

I seen some new Royce post surgery bras on e.bay the other day for £12.50 great price and they are fab and very stretchy.

Good Luck and happy healing How do you measure yourself? 358498 xx

Hi ya ....why are sports bras sizes different to normal bra sizes?? Im currently in a 34 DD sports bra so will i end up bigger or smaller in normal bras????? How do you measure yourself? 320347
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by debz09 24th October 2009, 6:02 pm

i think they are smaller sta!
i was in a 32c sports bra all along and now im in bras, im a 30e! so unless the fluffing fairy has been having a field of a time on my boobs!
i woulld say sports bras are smaller. and you will deffo be bigger in bras How do you measure yourself? 184153
debs
xxx
debz09
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 24th October 2009, 6:09 pm

Hi Sta!!

I would personally say Bigger!! Sports bras are made to hold you together tightly and stretch to support your boobs and allow comfort.

You may well go down a band size if you bought bigger than pre-op and also when swelling subsides. Also when you go down a band you go up a cup size.

I am unsure what size implands you had, but from 34DD sports bra I would think you will go up to e f cups easy in normal bras. I am no expert...just my own experience. I had small implants 250 from 34a pre-op wore 36c sports/post op bras and now just measured 34 e/f dependant on make type of bra. Was up untill recently 34c/d 32 dd.

My boobs are certainly not big at all just the bras that fit best after a proper measurement. I aimed for a C cup...I think thats what they look like, so does my surgeon.

Hope that is some help...hope you werent looking for smaller size bras!!!

Hope you are feeling better after your not too pleasant op.day. How do you measure yourself? 801367 xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 24th October 2009, 7:22 pm

Ah that would make sense then! I had 460cc overs started with 34a boobs I was in a 34e/f hospital bra for the 1st week the switched to my 34 DD bra but the nurse said its to tight (dont feel to tight to me) I sneeked off to tesco the other day to try 7 figure out what size i may end up, as you do & they only had 34 dd bras but the were really tight & i was bulging over the top How do you measure yourself? 839911 so i dont no what size id probably end up!
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 24th October 2009, 9:18 pm

Sounding happier...and fluffing How do you measure yourself? 839911
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down