Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-(

+7
*Sally*
_Carrie_
katie
scaredycat
Len1
Jemmy
R1986
11 posters

Go down

Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Empty Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-(

Post by R1986 7th September 2009, 3:23 pm

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this site, but have been looking into BA Since June 2009. Abit about me, im 23 years old, 5ft 2", 7 stone, currently 32a, size 6-8. I have seen a surgeon in Windsor, Berkshire Mr Rajan Uppal, and he is great. I would like to be a c cup and look very natural, so have been advised 245cc or 265cc, partial unders, going for Mentor implants or Perouse (Perthese) round textured.

Im from an Asian family and cannot tell my dad and bro im having a BA, and i live with them - this makes it hard enough getting a BA done. But my mum knows so that helps a little - would love to hear from someone in similar situation. I have been waiting for a time when my bro will go abroad from work and i finally had a chance to book in August, i had just under a week to book, pay and thats it i would have had it. but i completely and i mean completely freaked out and just couldnt go ahead with it, all sorts started going through my had about things going wrong and then how guys would accept me when it came to meeting someone - even though i know that should matter as this is for me and just me.

Now im starting a new job in mid oct and have 2 weeks off before i start so im back on thinking now is the time as no one would know when i start new job - does anyone know if ill be ok in 2weeks?? im just so stressed i cant sleep at night as need to make mind up as i will be booking for 22nd sept. im so scared, and just feel completely lost. Before i was so sure and just looked forward to a time when i could book, now i feel like im stuck with small boobs forever and will never get it done with the way im feeling. If anyone knows how im feeling pls get in touch!! I just dont know what to do i feel like im going insane!

So sorry for the moan in the first post ever, i just had to pour my heart out somewhere :sad:

Thanks xx
R1986
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Empty Re: Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-(

Post by Jemmy 7th September 2009, 3:28 pm

Welcome to the site!

I can't give any info on the family problems as my family have been supportive after the initial shock.

As far as going back to work, it all depends on whether you have over the muscle or under. I had overs and was due to go back to work today, but due to scars not healing as good as my surgeon had hoped he recommended more time off. With unders I would think you would need more time off as it us a much more painful proceedure. X
Jemmy
Jemmy
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2948

Back to top Go down

Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Empty Re: Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-(

Post by Len1 7th September 2009, 5:33 pm

Hi, welcome to the site

I had unders and i only had 2 weeks off work. That was enough time for me. The only person in my family who know's is my Sister and her husband. However i don't live at home so it was easier to hide. I would say if you want it, then just go for it and you will deal with all the other problems that happen when and if they arise. It's good that your Mom knows about it because you will need someone to help you esp if you have unders. I would fake an illness to the rest of your family to justify why you are in bed and can't move a lot. Nothing serious though!!! I would just blame it on flu.

Good luck
xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by scaredycat 7th September 2009, 7:12 pm

Hi honey! It's such a difficult one if the people you live with dont know. I had partial unders 260cc & defo needed full 2 weeks to recover, to be honest it was harder than i imagined but everyone's different and i have got small children.
I'm pleased your mum knows as you'll need her help and support. The only way to hide it from the rest of the family is to say you're poorly like Len1 said.
I also know what you mean about it keeping you awake at night, i was like that for weeks before, but it's definitely worth all the hassle.
If it means a lot to you (like it did me) then go for it, but be prepared for the recovery to take some time, these things cant be rushed.
Hugs xxxx
scaredycat
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 7th September 2009, 8:56 pm

HI R1986

I just had my ba 5 days ago... the only people who know about it are my fiance (whom I live with) and my best friend, I told no one else about it.. that made it very hard, until I found this website,, finally I could voice all my fears/concerns/questions and the girls on here are just fantastic..

In brief my journey went like this:- over 40yrs old, small framed, sporty.. had 32aa all my life, finally accepted we won't have children due to physical reasons.. so at xmas I plucked up courage to see a surgeon.. it was awful... I ran a mile and it put me off until July this year, when I had courage to troll internet to find local surgeon & local hospital... he was just amazing... totally different to the previous surgeon I saw.. I booked the ba there and then.. next dilemma was the size... the girls on here gave me the confidence to be brave enough to ensure to have a large enough implant.. I had 240cc unders (I had to have unders as I am so slender and not alot of breast tissue)... I wanted a very natural look.... my surgeon advised me and I finally had the courage to work up from planning on 175cc to 200 to 220... then morning of ba last weds my other half, myself and my surgeon (whilst he was drawing on me), decided all together that my surgeon would make the decision whether to give me 240.... 20cc bigger... thankfully he did give me the 240 (all the girls here advised me you lose about 10% if you go under the muscle, bear in mind I had no choice to over/unders.... and 240 was right size)... afterwards,, you are quite limited to arm movements, I am so far very lucky, not much bruising/pain/swelling... with my sports bra on you wouldn't even know I have had a ba,, take it off and you notice!! but without my fiance home with me these few days (he goes back to work tomorrow), I would have been struggling... and its important you take it easy after.. I have been pottering about doing some things but not straining, lifting, or putting things away above my head!! dressing, etc., is ok, but you can't pull t.shirts or things over your head, you sometimes need some one to help you into a shirt/jacket etc., don't attempt to make your bed!!

I am 5 days on and its easier every day... but one thing IT IS DEF WORTH IT... I had low profile implants so they do look very natural so far.. I hope this helps put your mind at rest.. it is so personal, and everyone clearly heals differently,, I can only tell you how my journey has been so far but def worth it... oh and before I forget,, I tried rice bags in every size, in every bra, in every top/dress/swim costume I had... and all it did was make me even more confused! I knew I wanted just 'some boobs' not big ones, as too long with little ones, and natural ones,, its not easy when you are looking at yourself trying to make a decision like this.. do you have a very good girl friend who could confide in and ask her opinion?? My best friend was the only one, and she was brilliant in giving me the confidence to go ahead, really best of luck and lots of Hug

kt xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th September 2009, 8:11 am

Hi - I just wanted to add that all your fears and concerns are totally normal. I felt just the same and am sooooo glad I had the courage to go through with it. When I started to doubt myself I stripped off and stood in front of the mirror...I hated the way I looked so much that I could barely look at myself and knew I could never bare all to another man ever again feeling like that. So for me the risks were worth it and I haven't had a single complication.

My stats are similar to you, although I'm an inch taller and a few pounds heavier - I had 255cc partial unders and I think I look a C but often wear a 32D. It was the perfect size for me and people only notice if I tell them/wear something revealing.

Re the 2 weeks....I went to back after 11 days and was absolutely fine, although my job involved no lifting etc. I have two small children and was pretty much doing everything as normal by 2 weeks, albeit carefully, but for me the recovery was far easier than I thought it would be.

It will be tough keeping it a secret from the family you live with - you and your mum will have to be very secretive! Isn't there a friend you could go and stay with? Your mum could come and visit you?

Good luck making your decision. All I know is that having my BA was one of the best decisions I have ever made and I will never regret it.

x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by R1986 8th September 2009, 12:29 pm

Thanks for all the replies girls Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Icon_smile

Yes i will have to lie about being ill at home, i was thinking maybe say something along the lines of having a cyst removed around the chest area...think that'll do?? I will have to read up what the procedure is for that incase i need to give some answers!!

I work in an office which involves no lifting etc - just sitting and working on pc all day so guess that'd be ok. But my concern is if i get it done before my new job and god forbid any problems come up (knowing my luck ill be in major pain) then i cant really be going for doctor appointments when ive started a new job. I always thought this is my solution for me and now that i can actually have a BA im just thinking of the worst Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Icon_pale

katie0506 - i have a girl friend i have spoken to about this and she does support me but always says you dont need to get it done as ur fine the way you are - all my loved ones say that, but i dont think any of them understand how i feel. I could never get naked in front of a guy!! I was in a 7year relationship, that was different as i knew him from when i was 15 but now if i met someone id feel so silly and ugly with my small boobs! I want this bad but now i feel i dont have the guts to do it, theres alot to consider esp with family situation. Maybe now is not the right time for me, i just feel so depressed! im worried about all the problems i might get after ive had the op.

Im actually so desperate ive just started taking the pill as my doctor said id probably get a cup size increase! but im worried about the side affects of that too - as you can tell im desperate for bigger boobs but havent got enough courage for BA - and its a shock coz i always thought id do it. I feel so stressed about this and constantly thinking about it.

Thanks to you all for sharing your experiences, i will keep you updated as to what i do.

Big hug to you all. xxxx
R1986
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 8th September 2009, 12:56 pm

I never got the increase with the Pill....I even spent a fortune on stupid herbal tablets and they were just a con. I guess some are lucky and their boobs grow with the hormones, but I wasn't.

It sounds like you're talking yourself out of it. If you're really unsure, why not leave it a year and then reconsider? How long do you think you'll be living with your parents for? I would personally struggle with telling anyone I'd had a cyst removed from my breast as I would worry about tempting fate - you'd be getting into cancer territory there and it would mean a whole string of lies and deceit. Are you ready for that? Wouldn't it be easier to say you're going to stay with a friend and get a hotel for a couple of weeks? Expensive I know, but I honestly think it would be a huge stress keeping it secret from people in the same house.

Almost everyone I've spoken to online about BAs has been shocked by how quick and easy their recovery was, me included. Most seem to be back to work by 2 weeks. It was something that worried me too, but I just decided to go for it and had no probs atall.

Good luck x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by katie 8th September 2009, 1:57 pm

HI r1986

I def would not make up something, esp like a cyst.. you only need to meet someone who has had one and you will be found out immed.. that would be really awkward,, & those things escalate so quick.

Sounds to me as tho you are really not 100% sure.. we have all been through it,, took me until I was past 40yrs old to do it and

do I have a regret?? ABSOLUTELY!!
why didn't I do it earlier.. Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( 923101

really feel for you, but if you want to find a way you can I am sure..big hug xx
katie
katie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1454

Back to top Go down

Post by R1986 8th September 2009, 3:06 pm

Hi Carrie and Katie

I wouldnt be able to stay out even for a day with a friend, family are strict :( its just too difficult. I know ur right i cant lie like that and hurt my family like that for no reason. And i do believe in karma so probs would end up happening to me.

Im just starting to worry too much now and over analysing things, im driving my friend and mum crazy aswell as myself! and soon ill be driving you all crazy and you'll just block me from posting, lol! I guess you're right im not 100% and guess i should be if i decide to go ahead with it. I just wish i could figure things out, feels like ill be put on anti depressents at this rate!

I have heard alot of ppl say wish they had done it years back, and i dont want to be one of them is why i want it so bad but god knows whats wrong with me. Think maybe i need a break from it and not rush before starting new job.

Thanks for all your advice and support so far, much appreciated. Just feels like i can come here and type exactly what im feeling even though i probably dont make sense half the time! xxx
R1986
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 8th September 2009, 3:49 pm

Hi hun, I can only imagine how how this is for you. Sounds like you're really going through it. I had unders and took 2 weeks off work. I have a young son and am a single parent so my mum looked after him for about a week and a half during which I just stayed in bed and watched films (oh and talked to the girls on here!!) If you do have to fake illness I would keep it simple. Bad virus/flu thats all. it will just get too complicated otherwise. At least you have the support of your mum - you will need someone to look after you but its not as bad as you are imagining.

And you are making a lot of sense. All the girls on here are so lovely and will always give their support and help (and opinion if asked) so don't be afraid to ask anything.

sally x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy_bunn1e 8th September 2009, 6:59 pm

Welcome hun, your not alone here, I feel alone going through this, but here is a good support.

I am having 2 weeks off, for my boobs and nose, my surgeon says this time frame is fine, what job are you starting? xx
fluffy_bunn1e
fluffy_bunn1e
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2697

Back to top Go down

Post by sasha11x 8th September 2009, 8:12 pm

Hi R1986

Read your post yesterday and I did feel for you as I know how awful you can feel with small breasts, rightly or wrongly. I know we are all built differently and should try to like your body as it is but I personally was always conscious of being flat breasted.

It is very stressful having a BA, with lots of ups and downs, doubts and fears, and I personally spent many sleepless nights worrying about the procedure, things that might go wrong, the recovery afterwards...It was all much easier than I had thought, and less painful, and I am extremely glad I did it - age 47! But a BA is not something to be undertaken without some thought because it is a big, emotional thing! It does sound as if you are not ready for it with all the anxiety about your family, your new job etc.

I didn't tell my Mum or sister, although I am very close to my Mum and tell her most things. She and my sister would definitely have disapproved, I would never have heard the end of it, and it was something personal that I decided to do for myself! However lying or hiding things from family is very tricky, especially if you live with them. I think it might come out if you are living in the same house, and then they could be upset.

In December 2008 I had the macrolane procedure, which was great for me, and gave me slightly larger breasts, which looked good. For me it was a first step towards having a BA because I wanted them bigger and something permanent, because macrolane needs to be topped up every 12 - 14 months, which is expensive. It might be worth you thinking about having the macrolane injection, which requires no time off work. I had it done on a Friday afternoon, rested all weekend and was back at work on Monday. I went from a 34AA to a 34B, which was wonderful. If you are interested, I can recommend the place I went to in London.

Nobody can tell you what is best for you, I think you have to go by your intuition. But I do feel that you are too stressed about having a BA and it is too difficult in your situation at the moment. I would think about having macrolane, or think about having a BA in a year or so. It won't matter waiting, I was 47 when I had mine!

By the way, I had 2 weeks off work, and was more or less back to normal then, although I had unders, which do take longer to recover from.

I hope you will feel good about what you decide. I know it is so so hard to make these decisions, and I do understand that it is very easy to get very worried about having small breasts.

Sasha xxx
sasha11x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by sars3dd 8th September 2009, 9:00 pm

i wish i had words of wisdom for you but i cant find any. Just do what right for you xxx
sars3dd
sars3dd
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 937

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 9th September 2009, 1:07 pm

Hey hunni

Good luck in your choice - it is difficult - my biggest fear was something going wrong, but I knew how unhappy I'd been for my entire adult life. How every day I would look at myself and feel unhappy, and self-hatred. Some days I would cry about it, it made me feel so bad.

It's quite amazing and wonderful that after years of feeling that way about myself, those feelings have gone. But you do have to be ready for that step, and I was almost 40 when I had my BA.

If you do go ahead, I used the "bad back" excuse when I had mine done - you could say you must have pulled a muscle or something. It really worked well, as if I flinched, it did look as though it was my back.

Good Luck
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by Len1 9th September 2009, 6:07 pm

I have never had an increase with the pill either Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Icon_rolleyes Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Icon_rolleyes .

xxx
Len1
Len1
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 856

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 9th September 2009, 6:20 pm

Len, I did (although it didn't last!) When I first started on Dianette the only "side effect" i got was that my boobs grew. This was years ago tho and never had the same effect when I went back on it after having my DS!
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by R1986 10th September 2009, 2:50 pm

I wrote my long reply and system logged me out Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Icon_evil

Lets try again!!

Im so glad all you lovely ladies are so understanding and have given me the best advice you could for my situation, it is very hard. I think im not 100% ready for it and maybe its wrong rushing into it before a new job, incase there are any complications. And ive taken into account what many of you have said about faking an illness and you are right i cannot make it sound serious as its just putting my family through stress and me being selfish.

Sasha - it all started from for me when i heard about the macrolane injections in Jan 2008. I thought it was the perfect solution for me as my family wouldnt really find out and will be a subtle increase. I researched until May 2009 and then made a booking for a consultation with Mr Uppal after searching for local surgeons on the macrolane website. It ws only until i met him he said better option is to go for implants and when he told me it'll be a daycase i was over the moon thinking that was the only problem (that i wont be able to stay out if i have a BA) and that id get away with it at home. But it wasnt until it came to booking it just really hit me - im gutted coz now i just look at the 32c and 34c sports bras that i bought for my post op boobs will no longer be used for now Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( 294672 i completely thought no to macrolane after meeting my surgeon but maybe i will go for that for now. Ive heard mixed reviews about macrolane. Did you have any problems i.e hardness/lumpy macrolane? Yes please if you could recommend the clinic you went to for macrolane would be great? Also if you dont mind how much did it cost you? Ive been quoted £2800 for 150ml per breast so 300ml in total.

I know girls i have tried the pill before for abut 2months but didnt do anything so gave up, but my doctor said i had to give it more time. so im just trying again and hoping for something - although makes me very sick in mornings Hello all - new to this site, in a state trying to decide on BA :-( Icon_pale

Fluffy Bunn1e - i can completely understand how you are feeling, but like you've said girls on this forum are lovely. What size are you currently? What size are you hoping to acheive? Wish you the best of luck hun, wish i was as brave as you are.

Thanks to everyone for their replies. xxx
R1986
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sasha11x 10th September 2009, 10:13 pm

Hi R1986, it does sound as if you are right to wait a bit and perhaps consider having macrolane. I rang round the London clinics to compare the prices (it is not cheap!), and found Hans Place Practice in Knighsbridge, near Harrods, to be the least expensive. I thought that was surprising as the clinic was in such a smart area!

Anyway, I went to Hans Place for a consultation, and saw Mike Comins, who is a trainer in the macolane procedure. He was really great, very professional, and I felt he was competent and would do a good job. It was slightly more uncomfortable afterwards than I had expected, but after three days I was fine. I went from a 34AA to a small B, and it was lovely buying new bras, which were not specifically for small breasted women.

The only disadvantages of macrolane are that you do need top-ups, although I think after a while it becomes more permanent and the breasts can become a bit harder.

I would also recommend the clinic where I had my BA for macrolane too. That is the Hurlingham Clinic, South West London, they are fantastic there. They are all extremely experienced, and very friendly so you do feel at ease.

Do hope all goes well. Keep us posted.

xxx
sasha11x
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 129

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down