Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12 week check up.....

+7
Mia
hotcaz
annefinackapan
SG007
Rachel09
nicole777
kay
11 posters

Go down

12 week check up..... Empty 12 week check up.....

Post by kay 4th August 2009, 6:35 pm

So 12 weeks.......Wow, 3 months....! It's gone so quick...

Anyway, had my check up with PS today and I was in the presence of Mr Khan for the grand total of, ooooooo 1 minute and 12 seconds!!!!

I don't really mind because I didn't really have anything to ask or comment on but seems a long way to go for a conversation which goes along the lines of;

PS "SO IS EVERYTHING OKAY?"
ME "YES, I THINK SO, I FEEL OKAY, THANK YOU."
PS "THAT'S GOOD, SHOW ME PLEASE?"
ME "OKAY"
PS "YES ALL LOOKS FINE, RUB SOME VITAMIN E INTO THE SCARS AND THEY WILL SETTLE."
ME "OKAY, WILL THEY DROP ANY MORE?"
PS "NO. OKAY. SEE YOU IN 12 MONTHS. THANK YOU"
ME "OKAY, THANKS THEN."

Just out of curiosity, those of you who are past the 3 month mark, is that about the norm? Or was your experience different?

Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

12 week check up..... Empty Re: 12 week check up.....

Post by nicole777 4th August 2009, 6:52 pm

Yes, the same thing happened to me last week, waited over an hour for my check just to be seen for about 2 min, then told i didn't need to come back, i did think after i left most people seem to have 12 month check up but not me apparently??? Glad you ok though xx N x
nicole777
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 4th August 2009, 7:02 pm

Interested in seeing if it's the same for everyone as I've got my 3 month one next week too. Hope you didn't have to travel too far Kay and Nicole for the sake of 2 mins!
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by SG007 4th August 2009, 7:13 pm

lol this was how mine was aswell, however i also got the added bonus OR NOT of seeing my before's, def wasnt keen on seeing those. I dont have a 12 month appointment. Can go back should I need to tho so really does not matter. Cheerleader
X
SG007
SG007
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 643

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 4th August 2009, 7:15 pm

Not too far Rach, but sort of resent the petrol and sitting in traffic on the north circular!!

They should call you and talk to you and if you don't have any questions or issues then that should be the consult. Either that or make the consult longer so that at least it feels worth doing.

Oh well Nicole at least you don't have to go back in a year hun, all seems like a complete waste of time if you ask me x I will do mine by phone if I can heh heh x

SG007 at least they bothered to pad out the appointment a bit by showing you your pre BA pics lol x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 4th August 2009, 7:27 pm

Mine was pretty similar and no further check ups but he did kindly say I could come back anytime if I wanted too (too right I will mate I thought!)
xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by nicole777 4th August 2009, 7:37 pm

it took me 40 Min's to get there, and i never even saw my before and after photos !!! lol
nicole777
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 72

Back to top Go down

Post by hotcaz 4th August 2009, 7:45 pm

that sounded very similar to my 3 month check up kay!! xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 4th August 2009, 9:06 pm

Aw Kay!! Hug

I would have been feeling just like you and others too...not good!!

I did not have a 12 week check.. was it the same at your six week if you had one? I know all surgeons and companies differ, however, for us ladies it is such a major invasion and change to us emotionally and physically, that we need to have decent feedback and time given to us.

I had my check at 7 weeks and I would say not short of an hour if I recall correctly, many questions asked about how I felt, changes that occurred, what I could expect and had experienced. Also, a full examination and 'feel' Blush of the breasts and how to treat them and scars, along with bra advice. Also more pictures taken and sent to me with copies of pre-op ones on desk...which I did not recognise or want to....too ugly to look at Shocked

I also seen him at seven months and can anytime I wish, but no further planned. He consults a trot down the road from me when he visits on a two weekly basis. I can also ring nurse, secretary or see his colleaugue and team here or in London anytime and e.mail.

This gives me great confidence, which I believe we all should have. I do feel extremely fortunate with this aftercare, just knowing it is there, even if not needed.

I would as you say ring before you viist again and express your feelings, you have paid for the aftercare. As you say ...you know how you feel and are happy with progress. I am happy for you too!!!

It certainly has flown by....seems just like recently you put your pics up Give You xxxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 5th August 2009, 4:47 pm

Kay, I've got my 3 week check up with Dr Khan tomorrow so I shall let you know if I get more than 1 minute and 20 secs. I doubt it!

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by natalia 5th August 2009, 5:00 pm

i was told at 3 months if i wanted to come back in a year i could and he give me his card and said any probs ring him glad everything went ok with yours hun
xxxx
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 6th August 2009, 9:21 am

nicole777 wrote:it took me 40 Min's to get there, and i never even saw my before and after photos !!! lol

Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical Hysterical same as Nicole!!

mia wrote:Aw Kay!! Hug

This gives me great confidence, which I believe we all should have. I do feel extremely fortunate with this aftercare, just knowing it is there, even if not needed.

I would as you say ring before you viist again and express your feelings, you have paid for the aftercare. As you say ...you know how you feel and are happy with progress. I am happy for you too!!!

It certainly has flown by....seems just like recently you put your pics up Give You xxxxxx

Thanks Mia x I think you have had fantastic aftercare hun, all companies should be the same! Like you said it's quite major for us, but with some of these companies (like mine) you seem to be just a number on a conveyor belt. Like with so many things nowadays, the personal touch seems to be dying out!

My 6 week check was longer than the 12 week one unbelievably! That was with the nurse though.

Thankfully I don't have any issues at the moment, I can only hope that if I do develop any that they sort them out, touch wood I won't have to test this side of their aftercare out! If they didn't sort me out so to speak, they would have a BIG fight on their hands with me!

MarieMc85 wrote:Kay, I've got my 3 week check up with Dr Khan tomorrow so I shall let you know if I get more than 1 minute and 20 secs. I doubt it!

xxx

Good luck tomorrow Marie, let me know hun x Time it, see if you can beat my time Hysterical

natalia wrote:i was told at 3 months if i wanted to come back in a year i could and he give me his card and said any probs ring him glad everything went ok with yours hun
xxxx

Thanks Nat x I would like to hope that if I did have any issues they would sort them and give me the appropriate care etc etc, but I'm sure that like most companies these days they would try to wangle out of it Rolling Eyes

Just to add, I have my aftercare package right here on this site x
:ghug:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 6th August 2009, 9:24 am

mia wrote:It certainly has flown by....seems just like recently you put your pics up Give You xxxxxx

Oooo, can you remember Mia!?! hahaha, I was so scared hahaha, it has gone soo quick, time flies when you are having fun xxxx

Wouldn't have been able to do it without everyones help x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 6th August 2009, 11:29 am

hi kay hun, happy 3 month anniversary Cheerleader i'm glad you are happy with your boobies and have no problems with them.
i feel for you hun, only getting just over a minute with your ps, i agree with mia it is an emotional and invasive thing and just to have that bit of time with your surgeon to examine and tell us everything is looking well, and ask if we have any worries etc. that is very important and like you i would have felt quite robbed really.
the main thing is though, that you are well and happy with your new Flash and of course like you say, you have all your boobie sisters on here for help and support.
i was lucky as my surgeon is really nice, i got to take my coffee in with me and he asked if i was happy and if i had any worries etc, i explained about them being very close together and he examined me and took more pics, he told me if i wanted him to fix the problem he would, he said the most important thing is that i am happy with them.
i thought this was so nice of him though, ive decided i'm not going to bother having anything else done and i have grown to love them the way they are.
he said he would see me again in 6 months, so most of the changes should have taken place by then and they will be settled more, but all in all i am very happy with the way my ps treated me.
mia is very lucky with the aftercare she recieves too it sounds amazing, and it makes such a huge difference.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 6th August 2009, 11:41 am

Aw thanks AK x

Sounds like you got really good service too hunny x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 6th August 2009, 8:11 pm

About 30 seconds Kay, as stated in my new thread!

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 6th August 2009, 10:33 pm

kay wrote:So 12 weeks.......Wow, 3 months....! It's gone so quick...

Anyway, had my check up with PS today and I was in the presence of Mr Khan for the grand total of, ooooooo 1 minute and 12 seconds!!!!

I don't really mind because I didn't really have anything to ask or comment on but seems a long way to go for a conversation which goes along the lines of;

PS "SO IS EVERYTHING OKAY?"
ME "YES, I THINK SO, I FEEL OKAY, THANK YOU."
PS "THAT'S GOOD, SHOW ME PLEASE?"
ME "OKAY"
PS "YES ALL LOOKS FINE, RUB SOME VITAMIN E INTO THE SCARS AND THEY WILL SETTLE."
ME "OKAY, WILL THEY DROP ANY MORE?"
PS "NO. OKAY. SEE YOU IN 12 MONTHS. THANK YOU"
ME "OKAY, THANKS THEN."

Just out of curiosity, those of you who are past the 3 month mark, is that about the norm? Or was your experience different?

Hug

wow!! that was some check-up! sounds like you didn't have a minute to think of any questions etc, bit unfair in my opinion.
Glad everything is ok hunni and i can't believe you're 3 months already!! Give You x x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down