Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op?

+3
Jessica
stef
fireimp
7 posters

Go down

Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op? Empty Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op?

Post by fireimp 30th July 2009, 2:46 pm

Hi girls, I was wondering if anyone else found it uncomfortable wearing a sports bra post-op? I've been fitted into a 32E but feel I am being a little squashed - is this how its supposed to feel? I'm sure this is the right size as my surgeon and 3 dif bra shops told me this is my size. It just feels more comfortable having no bra on right now - is this ok or will it slow the healing process? Any advice would be great! x
fireimp
fireimp
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op? Empty Re: Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op?

Post by stef 30th July 2009, 2:49 pm

it all depends on how you feel, and if you're more comfortable without a bra then that should be fine. surgeons suggest diff things, mine suggested wearing it til 6 weeks whereas some don't recommend wearing them atall xx
stef
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1059

Back to top Go down

Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op? Empty Re: Is it ok to go bra-less 9 days after op?

Post by fireimp 30th July 2009, 3:00 pm

Thanx huni. I was just worried that they might sag if i didn't wear a bra! x
fireimp
fireimp
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica 30th July 2009, 3:08 pm

My surgeon is also pretty laid back about wearing a bra, he told me not to wear it if I was uncomfortable. I have been really uncomfortable in them at times! But, because I have had a fairly large implant and have had them put over the muscle I have been advised by the very knowledgeable girls on here that it's probably a good idea to have some support as it could lead to sagging. So, I wear my most comfortable sports bra at night and my most supportive when I go out, but try to have at least an hour or two a day when I can set them free and be comfortable! I'm not sure how important it is to wear a support bra if you have unders, I'm sure if you go by what your surgeon says you will be OK xx
Jessica
Jessica
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2334

Back to top Go down

Post by fireimp 30th July 2009, 5:50 pm

My surgeon said at my pre-op consultation to get a sports bra for after surgery, though he didn't say anything about not wearing a bra if i was more comfortable afterwards. think im going to stick with the sports bra in the day and wear nothing when i go to sleep. thanx for your help xx
fireimp
fireimp
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 30th July 2009, 5:55 pm

You could try getting a 34 back just while theres still swelling there hun, i wouldnt go without for a long time if your still early post op.

x x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by *Sally* 30th July 2009, 6:38 pm

When my implants were under the muscle my ps said to wear sports bra day and night for 6 weeks. However like the girls said all surgeons are different. I had a revision 10 weeks after my original ba and now have overs and the advice from him then was that I should continue wearing it at night and when out but could go bra less at home.

I'd speak to your ps and see what he advises.

Sally x
*Sally*
*Sally*

Number of posts : 4230

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 30th July 2009, 7:31 pm

well i am on my 3rd b/a now and have never sagged with any of them and have went braless countless times.
i had 350 unders then 525 unders and now i have 700 overs and have been wearing bikinis during the day ,.....so comfy and no bra at night.
i seem to have pretty tight skin though and have never had enough to sag, even now they pretty much stay where they are with no bra on. i just find it more comfortable to have none on at night.
xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by fireimp 31st July 2009, 1:54 pm

I've just been to a wonderful old fashioned lingerie shop and have been fitted into a comfy non-wired 32e bra Cheerleader . tried 34 but was way too big on the back. think im still going to go bra-less when i go to sleep though. I'm just wondering when my boobs are going to feel like normal boobs again? There's absolutely no bruising on them but they're really firm, i know im being impatient, but does anyone who has had similar implants to me (365 unders) have any info on when they go softer? xx
fireimp
fireimp
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 31st July 2009, 1:59 pm

I would try to wear a bra as much as you can hun, especially in the early stages, you had unders too didnt you, the bra will just give them a little support early days. As for them feeling normal, it took mine a good few months before they started to soften and feel like part of my body, lol.
Everyone is different tho so will settle at different rates but i would defo say a few month before they're totally normal, xx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by fireimp 31st July 2009, 3:24 pm

I guess i'll just have to be patient and wait! I do feel more supported now I'm wearing a bra, it just sucks that sports bras are so unsexy! xx
fireimp
fireimp
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down