Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bio oil

+3
Twinky
Lucy106
mrskelly
7 posters

Go down

Bio oil Empty Bio oil

Post by mrskelly 22nd February 2016, 8:49 am

would anyone recommend this or is there a better one I could use. My scars aren't too bad but just wanted to make them less visible xx
mrskelly
mrskelly
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 813

Back to top Go down

Bio oil Empty Re: Bio oil

Post by Lucy106 22nd February 2016, 10:26 am

I use that along with silicon gel which is supposed to be excellent for scars. But can't see results yet really as too early. Your scars look great already tho! X
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Twinky 24th February 2016, 3:03 pm

I use bio-oil and coconut (albeit a cheap one) and I have to say I prefer the bio-oil.
I dnt like the smell, however it stays oilier for longer compared to my coconut oil.
That said, my coconut oil was from Aldi! Hysterical

I'm sure if you compare it to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] oil that was much more expensive,  it would be a totally different story Hysterical

Good Luck.
Twinky
Twinky
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1101

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 25th February 2016, 10:34 am

In comparison to bio oil the organic cold pressed coconut oil is cheaper at £6/7 a jar of 280ml. But go with what ever you like, the main point I think is to keep skin supple and soft with any type moisturiser. Plus I just love the smell of coconut oil (reminds my of summer and beaches :-) ) xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by daisychain15 25th February 2016, 2:09 pm

Out of curiosity, at what stage did you moisturise your scars? I have been told to start now but as I am still scabby, I would prefer to wait a little longer until they look ready. I've got a scar cream that has been researched by Mr McGeorge called solution for scars found at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've heard silicone gels are really good though too to reduce scarring like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] mentioned. Let me know what you choose and how you get on :) xxx
daisychain15
daisychain15
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 25th February 2016, 2:55 pm

I was told to start at 3-4 weeks I think! I use both bio oil and silicon gel called kelo cote - surgeon recommended it. I don't really think there are any guarantees - some people will use all the most expensive potions and still get prominent scars... Others will do nothing and theirs will be great! Luck of the draw I think but I'm not taking my chances so I'm an expensive potion kind of girl!! X
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Carrierowland 29th February 2016, 8:19 pm

Where do you get silicon gel from ? I still haven't put anything on mine so I defo need to. Xx
Carrierowland
Carrierowland
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 844

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 1st March 2016, 6:57 am

I got mine from the surgeon but you can buy it online I think xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 1st March 2016, 7:48 am

The silicone gel stuff is mostly reccomended for keloid scarring, a trait more common with skin of colour. Theres no proof it works though.

I used nothing, and mine are invisible. It just takes time. Like, a year or so
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucy106 1st March 2016, 8:21 am

Silicon gel can be used on all types of scarring - I know someone that used it on her daughter after she fell off her bike. But I agree it's often nothing you do - some people leave their scars and do nothing with them and look great - others use all the expensive potions and still get prominent scars. Depends on how you scar in general but I felt like I should try the gel!
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum