Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need recommendations please

+4
Charlii
Hattie73
Lucy106
Boobiesplease!
8 posters

Go down

Need recommendations please  Empty Need recommendations please

Post by Boobiesplease! 26th September 2015, 9:07 am

hi ladies, 
I'd originally booked my surgery for October 19 but this week I had some major guilt about spending all that money on myself and cancelled it. I started to think more and more about my consult and read through some stories on here too, and realised I wasn't completely comfortable with my choice of surgeon. He had come highly recommended by family members to me which is why I think I had ignored my own thoughts and booked. 
Firstly I have one breast a cup size larger then the other which I mentioned and he brushed it off, and said there's a little asymmetry now and so we will accept that will still be the case. Obviously a lot of my focus in this surgery is to correct the asymmetry. He had suggested still using equal sized implants. And secondly he asked me if I wanted overs or unders rather than suggesting and telling my why that would be the best choice. 
I just don't think I gelled that well with him,

So I've now booked to see the hospital group (although I went on the surgicare website but all the emails have come through as the hospital group) and also to see someone at Harley medical. 
I'm in the West Midlands, can anyone recommend a surgeon or another company to try and also tell me roughly how much you paid. Whilst price isn't my main focus I do need to take it into consideration

Boobiesplease!
Boobiesplease!
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 295

Back to top Go down

Need recommendations please  Empty Re: Need recommendations please

Post by Lucy106 26th September 2015, 10:12 am

Hello. Sounds like you probably did the right thing to postpone if you are unsure - since your main concern is correcting asymmetry then it seems odd that he didn't seem to listen to you. I went to see the hospital group yesterday ( despite having booked my surgeon already - I wanted to keep the appointment so I could try in their sizers!). They seemed very good and the surgeon recommended moving my breast crease due to one being lower than the other). Do you have any Spire private hospitals in your area? They have great surgeons.

I would definitely line up a few appointments in the next month to get some comparison. I saw 4 surgeons but very happy with the one I chose (the 3rd one I saw).

I think you'll know once you've met the right one as he'll be on your wave length and put any concerns or worries you have to rest! Xx
Lucy106
Lucy106
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 995

Back to top Go down

Post by Hattie73 26th September 2015, 12:04 pm

Hi... I went to the Nuffield... I am in Leicestershire ... I had a very slight difference in breast size, which was not a problem to me, but my ps noticed it immediately... I had two different implant sizes because of this and more than happy with my new boobies !!

I think a private surgeon is more expensive... I paid £4900... But it's also about finding someone you are comfortable with... I had 3 consultations with my ps at no extra cost too xx
Hattie73
Hattie73
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 248

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 26th September 2015, 5:24 pm

I think you made the right decision to cancel, you need to be 100% with the who and the what before letting someone cut you open!

I cant speak to the area, but I would recommend throwing a private surgeon into the right, someone through nuffied or BMI etc. You can search on their websites for surgeons they use locally, or you can even look on the BAAPS site for local surgeon too and where they work. This sometimes cost a little something for the consult, usually £100-150, but its worth it. As above, private can sometimes be a little more too (commercial is usually 4-5K, private can be 4.5-6k), but again, you get what you pay for.

Surgicare and THG are the same company for all intents and purposes. I went with THG, but had a recent post op at their Surgicare office in Hammersmith, rather than THG in Harley. Be on the ball with Harley medical, we've had very mixed reviews on here of them.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiesplease! 26th September 2015, 6:18 pm

The first one I saw was a private surgeon through the spire. I think I'm going to try and see atleast 5 to get a good picture x
Boobiesplease!
Boobiesplease!
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 26th September 2015, 7:04 pm

Sounds like you made the right decision, you need to be 100% when spending all of this money.

I am going private with a surgeon through spire for my second BA in Dec. He has been super and the fact that I can email him personally with any questions is great. A few of the ladies on here have had him, not to mention the lovely Cookie, who cannot recommend him enough. He is Dr Douglas McGeorge, if you search him on here you'll find out how much the ladies love him :)
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobiesplease! 27th September 2015, 7:31 am

Thanks ladies, Charlii were you happy with the hospital group? X
Boobiesplease!
Boobiesplease!
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 27th September 2015, 8:14 am

Defiantly check out a surgeon called Mrs Kat whose website is CC Kat Aesthetics 
She's based in Birmingham and was who I went with.
Honestly, she I was absolutely amazing. Answered every question and more in my consults and really took the time to explain everything. She spent nearly 20 mins just measuring me alone, and provided only three different sizes and projections exaxt to my body type, weight, skin elasticity etc. couldn't find a single bad review of her online and even all that staff at the hospital were gushing about her being a perfectionist and producing incredible results. 
I am so so happy with mine, so deff check her out :-)
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 27th September 2015, 8:17 am

I went with transform, I know a lot of ladies don't recommend them for their poor aftercare however for me I couldn't fault it. I had revision surgery and it will all sorted quickly and had a re op with Mr lahoud and couldn't be happier
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by 9NDFp 27th September 2015, 8:53 am

Hi [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ! I went with Mr Jonathan Staiano who is also based in Birmingham - he has his own private practice and operates at the Spire Parkway (and another hospital in West Midlands too) and he is amazing. I'd strongly recommend you having a consultation with him :-). I'm over the moon with my results and I know there are a few other girls on here who have had their BAs with him too. His aftercare package is pretty amazing too. Any questions please feel free to ask :-). Xx
9NDFp
9NDFp
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 498

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down