Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question for girls with macom bras

5 posters

Go down

Quick question for girls with macom bras Empty Quick question for girls with macom bras

Post by Rachael1127 17th August 2015, 8:19 am

Hi all, 

I've ordered a macom bra in my usual back size but I have seen various post where people went up a back size to accommodate for swelling! Just wondering which is correct? Mine should be delivered today so I'm going to try it on to make sure the back size is ok but I'm pre op at the minute - help!
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Quick question for girls with macom bras Empty Re: Quick question for girls with macom bras

Post by blush89 17th August 2015, 9:38 am

I got one in my normal bra size. I think I actually had the XS (Because I'm a 30 back but used to wear 32 back bra's) and I found it was more than accommodating. You can have it on the loosest hook to begin with and when the swelling goes down I started putting it on the tightest hook. I found after about 6 weeks my Macom was a bit loose fitting anyway (they tend to wear out pretty quickly) so I swapped to a shock absorber which was brilliant.

xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 975

Back to top Go down

Quick question for girls with macom bras Empty Re: Quick question for girls with macom bras

Post by Rachael1127 17th August 2015, 9:46 am

Ah ok. It's came and I've tried it on and seems to fit ok on the tightest hook and plenty of room for swelling in the loosest. Been having a panic thinking it would be the wrong one - so which shock absorber did you use? I've only bought one macom for now and then im going to order some more sports bras when it's a bit closer so I can change them daily x
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 17th August 2015, 11:28 am

I got two Macom bra's included in the price of my BA - a skin colour one and a black. Tbh, I hated them, BUT they did the job. They are damn ugly and in that first week they can feel so tight you want to cry! But then it just gets better and better. I was meant to wear mine for 3 months straight day and night, but after 8 weeks I changed to a shock absorber which the hospital said was fine. 

Here is the link 
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I LOVED the shock ab. I felt so much more supported, because as I mentioned, the Macom do wear quite quickly and it's important you feel really supported at all times during them first few weeks/months. I also loved they looked a bit like a bra, so it made it easier to cover up and wear nice clothes!

If you are a little unsure, please give your clinic a call. You need to be 100% confident with how it feels and fits. xxx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 17th August 2015, 12:29 pm

Oh that looks great! I have my second hen do 10 days after my op so I need something that looks slightly like a bra so I'll purchase that one! Thanks for the link. I have my preop on Wednesday too so I'll ask if it's ok to wear - hope it is, looks quite comfy! Xx
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 17th August 2015, 4:35 pm

Yeah you'll be fine in that shock absorber for then, but just a heads up at 10 days PO you are still gonna feel ropey!! Careful of people banging into you etc, the drink might go straight to your head as you would have been on so much pain relief the week before.

But yeah, you'll be fine with the MACOM, they do the job but I personally just found they were only really worth it for 8 weeks or so before they lost their support feeling. I felt it was squishing my boobs and the implant weird too towards the end, so the SA felt like a breath of fresh air haha!

xx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 17th August 2015, 4:46 pm

One of my bridesmaids is pregnant so I'm hoping were not going to be going anywhere to busy and I'll use her as my excuse to drink a little less incase she wants an early night haha is the shock absorber a true fit in your opinion? X
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BkozK 17th August 2015, 5:59 pm

Like the look of the shock absorber from John Lewis [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], just don't know what size to order?? My post op bolder holder is a size small, my back size should really be a 30 but 32 is smallest on Jong Lewis website and have no idea on cup. I can't live in this thing for 6 weeks. Xx
BkozK
BkozK
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1236

Back to top Go down

Post by Montana 18th August 2015, 7:48 am

I ordered my macom in the bra size I wire (32) but honestly I wish I'd gotten one in a size up too. I'm 7 and a half weeks PO and still wear my macom but it's snug and comfy now whereas at the beginning it was so tight it was horrible so I wish I'd gotten one a size up and one my normal size. It's comfy for me now and I feel a bit naked without it lol but have just ordered a soft cup Freya bra for when I need to wear something more strappy.
Montana
Montana
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

Post by blush89 18th August 2015, 11:20 am

I got fitted into the Shock Absorber so I would deff recommend going to John Lewis and buying it there after a fitting rather than online. I think I may have been given a 32E? But again, highly recommend going in to be fitted properly.

xx
blush89
blush89
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 19th August 2015, 10:25 am

The macom is very stretchy so I got a medium and at the time thought I was a 34. I'm a 32 I fact but it still fitted fine. You don't want it lose but they do accommodate xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down