Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post surgery pain question

+2
dannieyram87
jabberwocky
6 posters

Go down

post surgery pain question  Empty post surgery pain question

Post by jabberwocky 17th May 2015, 7:24 am

Good morning ladies.   

Ok I'm sorry I've got to ask a boob question. I'm in so much more pain from my left than my right.  I know yesterday was going to be bad anyway but at the top of my left,  like presumably where the top of the implant is (mine are anatomical not round)  is a lot more tender than anywhere else.  Like if I touch it is that Sort of raw / burny pain like after a c sec although obviously not as bad and not like an open cut or anything.   It's right where my bra sits,  sort of from the very top of my chest down past my armpit 

I didn't try sleeping on my side tonight as I didn't want to shove them about but this is really hurting today.  ever since surgery left had been a bit bigger,  sorer, harder etc than right which they said was normal as they heal differently but I'm just a little nervous as the pain is different and in such a specific place 

Maybe my bra is too tight?  Its right along where the strap sits and the left boob  is a little bigger...
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 133

Back to top Go down

post surgery pain question  Empty Re: post surgery pain question

Post by dannieyram87 17th May 2015, 11:06 am

Hi, congrats on your new boobs! don't worry, your only 2 days post op-you will feel all sorts of strange sensations, such as well as sun burn type feeling, tingly/buzzy boobs for atleast a few weeks now. Does your bra leave marks where pain is? If so it might be a little tight, just loosen a strap perhaps?  Every surgeon is different but I was told to sleep on my back for 2 weeks in an elevated position (I found 2 pillows plus V pillow was fine), did your surgeon say to sleep on your side? This could also be causing you pain?  I'm nearly 4 weeks post op and just started sleeping on my side  for around and hour before turning over as it can cause slight pain.   How are you feeling generally? Keep taking your pain meds too if they help. Xx
dannieyram87
dannieyram87
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 62

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 17th May 2015, 11:10 am

He didn't tell me how to sleep to be honest.  I normally sleep on my tummy so the side was a compromise,  but last night I slept on my back so as not to move them about too much

I have to say, I feel a lot better since changing bras.  The one I was in overnight, the strap part sat right across where the armpit pain is, whereas the one I'm in now (in my avatar) isn't sitting on the same spot.

It's still super super tender in that area though, I can't even touch it without that raw, burning pain sensation , but I don't know m maybe where the edges of e implant are is more painful!  I've got some wicked bruising in my cleavage, lol.

Thank you so much for your reply, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I was feeling so desperate this morning!!  Now for some more meds and a snooze I think, I'm ever so sore today!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dannieyram87 17th May 2015, 11:15 am

It's a big operation youve just had it will take time to recover so lots of rest, my pre op nurse said dong even Hoover or reach for items in cupboard the first 7 days. If your still worried give your PS or nurse a call I'm sure they can offer advice too.  Someone in here said a great thing about the BA recovery - your boobs are sisters not twins so each one can have varying degree of pain. Keep taking your meds and have a good nap! They are looking great in your Avi!
dannieyram87
dannieyram87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 17th May 2015, 11:44 am

With swelling etc bra could maybe be a little tight in the area that's causing you most discomfort, also that breast could have had more trauma when placing the implant. Keeping on top of pain meds & sleeping elevated will help with the swelling & discomfort. I wouldn't recommend trying to sleep any other way than sleeping on your back as implants need to be kept stable whilst they are adhering to the pocket, where you are ever unsure of post op instructions or the lack of info do contact your surgeon/ hospital for clarity, you don't want to be doing something wrong which would delay your healing or compromise your results.
The 1st week post op is the worst discomfort wise, it does get better so hang on in there! Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by michelleserila 17th May 2015, 1:31 pm

I had alot of swelling after surgery especially the first week, to the extent that the strapping theyd out on cut in and when was taken off had red marks where it had cut in!! One was alot more tender and sore then the other and my nurse said that was likely cause one may have had more trauma as one was slightly bigger than the other to begin with. My first week was so bad I wondered if i'd done the right thing and had alot of boobie blues!!

Definitely suggest sleeping with the pillow mountain-I had like four normal pillows then 2 v pillows so i slept with my chest and back elevated alot, this helps reduce the swelling as if you lie flat on your back feels like a sumo wrestler is sitting on your chest!! Also easier to get up in the morning and less pain when going from in bed to standing. Remember if using this method to also put pillows behind your back from lower to upper to support your lower back. Didn't sleep on my side until like 2 or 3 months after surgery as was worried to knock them out of place, lol  Hysterical

The pain will go and you'll be amazed when you get to the point you can massage them and even left the OH had a feel,during the first few weeks never thought that would ever happen!!

xox
michelleserila
michelleserila
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 203

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 17th May 2015, 3:09 pm

I certainly never had any advice on how to sleep but have discovered the pillow mountain for myself lol.  The day of the operation, when I still had the local anaesthetic in there, I was able to sleep half on my side (with a pillow under my 'lower' boob for support, but now I'm wishing I hadn't as I'm sure I should have been on my back.  Still, I've managed with pillow mountain and it's helped get me comfortable.

This bra is definitely not tight, so I'll stick with this style for a bit,  I think maybe that's what it wa,s but changing over, when I had no bra on, I couldn't even let go of my breast, I had to keep hold of it the whole time or it sort of tugged on that armpit area and hurt.  If it's like this tomorrow I'll give them a ring I think, but fingers crossed the change in bra helps.

Thank you so much for your advice, and I like the 'sisters not twins' analogy.  Lefty is definitely the more difficult sister ;)
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 17th May 2015, 7:34 pm

This pain is still bothering me.  It occurred to me that all the other pain is just aching and discomfort but this is different. Really sharp, burning pain.

If it's still here tomorrow I'm going to ring the hospital I think as its too painful to do anything, I can't lift my arm without it burning and ever time I change positions, I have to breath through the pain.  Trying to wash in the bath today had me sobbing.  I know I've just had surgery, but given everywhere else is so different in terms of the level of pain, I'm a little worried that something's shifted or something.
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dannieyram87 18th May 2015, 6:52 am

Ice pack (not on wound area) really helped me when mine burned...it was such a weird feeling but the coolness really helped, perhaps try that? Anything in your freezer would work too if you don't have an ice pack. Hope you had a better sleep last night. X
dannieyram87
dannieyram87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skates 18th May 2015, 10:23 am

Have you called them yet? Hope you are feeling better this morning xxxx
Skates
Skates
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 18th May 2015, 10:31 am

Hospital says all is normal thank goodness! No fluid, no infection, just more swelling than the other which is causing muscle pain / ripping (hence why it felt so familiar - c section!) while the implant settles in. I saw a nurse and a doctor who had a gentle prod (while I was stood there in absolute floods, gripping lefty cos I can't let her hang lol),

I've been given tramadol in case it gets really bad, and taught a better schedule for my meds. They told me before to just 'keep yourself topped up' but no real idea of how to do it, now I've got a schedule of when to take what. 

I feel very taken care of. I don't feel fobbed off at all and nobody seemed exasperated that I was there or made me feel silly or anything.
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 18th May 2015, 11:02 am

Great news, hopefully the meds will kick in soon. And don't be hard on yourself...we are all made different, have different operations and hence heal/recover differently. Rest as much as you can and heal as you sleep. The first week will fly by and I'm sure youll be feeling so much better then.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 18th May 2015, 3:42 pm

Honestly I'm already feeling better!  I think just knowing there's nothing wrong has helped a lot!  I'm still very tender, but I'm walking almost normally, and I'm not sobbing in pain each time my arm moves.

And thank you [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] .  I did feel rather silly this morning when it was all normal, but the relief was palpable!!
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dannieyram87 18th May 2015, 4:00 pm

Good stuff, glad your mind is at ease now! Did you get painkillers to take once you were home from hosp? They should have instructions on when to take...most are roughly every 4 hours each. Take care xx
dannieyram87
dannieyram87
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jabberwocky 18th May 2015, 9:35 pm

Yes, I was given ibuprofen, paracetamol, and codeine to begin with, and they sent me home with 'just in case' tramadol today.

They told me how to take them, but didn't advise on a schedule if that makes sense, they just said "when you need them", whereas the pharmacist today told me codeine and paracetamol when I wake up, ibuprofen at each mealtime, then tramadol if I need it.  More regimented if that makes sense.
jabberwocky
jabberwocky
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 18th May 2015, 10:35 pm

Glad you've got the meds sorted which should make a big difference & also the reassurance that everything is ok.  Hug
XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 19th May 2015, 5:51 am

Reassurance is everything! I saw my surgeon weekly for the first 4 weeks and loved it!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down