Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches

+4
mrsball
anneritchley
Charlii
Raisen22
8 posters

Go down

Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches Empty Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 7:13 pm

Hello girls! 

Just need some advice please. 

I had my BA with Spire in Bushey Heath and I live in Kent, so it's about an 1.30 mins to 1.45mins drive. 

To cut a long story short, I have my appt on Thurs 5th Feb to get the dressings off and the stitches taken out. But, my partner is not talking to me at all and is refusing to take me. I literally cannot ask anyone else, my mum can't as she has a hospital appt on the same day. 

What on earth can I do????

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches Empty Re: Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches

Post by Charlii 1st February 2015, 7:28 pm

How many days post are you? If you feel comfortable to drive yourself (assuming you do) then go ahead. Is there no friend, sibling you can ask? Offer petrol money? Public transport?
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches Empty Re: Advice please- removal of dressing and stiches

Post by anneritchley 1st February 2015, 7:32 pm

I wish your clinic was closer as I would have taken you. As I live in kent. How about public transport like Charli says xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 7:35 pm

I'm 6 days po, I will be 10 on the day of the appt. 

This is the other problem, I don't drive!! 

Public transport is a no go, it'd take me about 5hours! And would have to leave before the buses/trains even start up in the morning. 

Everyone is at work or lives far to far away from me. 

Ahh man I could cry my eyes out but I'm not letting any man get the better of me. 

Would I be able to go to a local hospital?? 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 1st February 2015, 7:38 pm

You can use your gp nurse. They should do a wound check and re dress. 

I had mine done at 6 and 10 days post op at my gps , they're really helpful and I know the nurses so they were more than helpful, and were great. 

Phone your go tomorrow as to see the see the nurse for a wound check and re dress they should be accommodating. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 7:39 pm

Bless your heart anneritchley!! 

^^as above, I'd have to leave before it bleedin starts in the morning haha! 

Why oh why, I am literally a hater of men today. 

This is so stupid and ridiculous!!! 

Thanks again Anne x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 7:42 pm

Mrsball- thanks hun I will def give them a call. I'll call Spire in the morning and speak to the nurse I was gonna see, then call my GP. 

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 1st February 2015, 7:42 pm

Hmm, I suggest you give the clinic a call first thing and explain your predicament. They might be ok with you going to your local gp. Talk it through with them, I'm sure you'll work it out.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 1st February 2015, 7:42 pm

I had mine done that way as my surgeon/hospital is in the heart of London a good 2 /2.5 hr drive each way! Plus congestion charges etc. plus 3 children and a working husband was easier for me. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 7:44 pm

Thanks Charlii, yea I think that's the best thing to do. They do know how far away I am from them, and if no one can take me then what am I supposed to do! 

Meanwhile, I'm just gonna pack my bags and move out!!! 

X x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 1st February 2015, 7:57 pm

You go girl and various other supportive cliches! ...you've got somewhere to go right? Not wandering the streets alone with new boobs?!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 8:00 pm

Hahaa my new boobs shall have to be my refuge!! 

Well, looks like me and my son will just have to move in with my mum. Whilst I love me mum, living with her will be something quite different!! 

If I could throw things, I would... But no heavy lifting yet :( 

X x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 1st February 2015, 8:05 pm

Ahhh sending big hugs, don't let your man win. If you pack your bags he has won. Be strong. The dressing thing will sort itself out. Look after your boobs. I'm sure if it was a couple of days late, providing your clinic was ok with that. It wouldn't hurt. I bet your man wouldn't find anyone with boobies as nice as yours xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 8:13 pm

Thank you hunni!! Do you think so, this isn't just where I live, this is our sons house too- why should he suffer!! 

Hahaa that's give me a good giggle and yes very true now! 

This is literally all over him not being able to go out for a drink the other night. He's straight up not talking to me at all, sleeping on the sofa and everything. It wasn't even my fault, my mum didn't feel well enough to come and stay with me to help out with my little boy, but he's flown off the handle at me!!!????!! 

And we're the complicated ones!

x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 1st February 2015, 8:18 pm

Maybe also find out if your surgeon works out of any other locations? Some may be closer to you? If he does he'd be happy to see you at any of his locations im sure
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 1st February 2015, 8:34 pm

Let him sulk on the sofa while you sleep in the bed. It's your sons home too. Men are like idiots at times. If you show that it's bothering you he will sulk more. Think of your son and your boobs and let him get on with it, act like nothing has happened. That way he will not win . Girl power xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 1st February 2015, 8:38 pm

Omg sorry just read the thread in more detail, you must have thought I was really insensitive not mentioning your man troubles! Anyway, Anne is right....girl power and leave him to be selfish on his own xx
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurina 1st February 2015, 9:11 pm

I feel your pain, men are just the pits at times. I mean I am 14 days post op and my husband has been more than useless. It certainly makes you question what you are doing. Do look after yourself though, although I know how stressful and upsetting it is. Xx
Fleurina
Fleurina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 131

Back to top Go down

Post by kimbodia 1st February 2015, 9:46 pm

Hopefully a nurse at your GP can sort you out as mentioned, maybe not mention this being a possible option to your boyfriend. I'd be hopeful he'll have gotten over his sulk in time for Thursday and be ready to drive you to the clinic. But if the nurse local is willing to do it then that sounds a much simpler option anyway.

I hope you get it sorted without lots of bother.
kimbodia
kimbodia
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 10:03 pm

@Anne - you are a wise woman hun! You've pretty much mirrored what my mum has said to me, and I know for sure my mum knows her stuff. You are spot on. Thanks for your support and replies my love Heart

@Mamma - no, no, don't be silly hun! I didn't expect everyone to worry t much on the man troubles side of things. I just got into a right rant on here haha! And I will check to see if my surgeon works at any closer hospitals/clinics for sure, thanks for that! 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - hugs for you too, aren't they just pigs sometimes, I mean jeeeesus, really, so uncalled for. You'd think they'd want to help us out so they heal quicker and so they can get involved haha. But, they're going in the direction of a boobie ban!! But, I agree it's stressy and upsetting. I am just gonna do as the girls said and my mum and just keep happy and pretend nothings happened.

Thanks to all you lovely ladies for all your comments and kind words, you've made my night very bearable and enjoyable actually thank you. x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Raisen22 1st February 2015, 10:07 pm

Hey Kim, 

Really hoping the sulk just goes away, he knew I needed this follow up! 

I'll have to see how it pans out tomorrow and Tuesday. If it's not looking good, either GP nurse or whatever the surgeon/clinic advise me is the best thing to do! 

Thanks chicken x x x
Raisen22
Raisen22
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachael1127 2nd February 2015, 5:26 pm

Sorry to hear about your troubles & i hope you get something sorted and he stops being such a bloke!! xxx
Rachael1127
Rachael1127
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down