Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can feel one implant, not the other.....

+4
mirren001
Charlii
MI55NP
Jen23
8 posters

Go down

Can feel one implant, not the other..... Empty Can feel one implant, not the other.....

Post by Jen23 13th November 2014, 8:31 pm

Hi girls, me again!
Im sure this is normal with the swelling ad everything but my right boob, the implant feels kind of tilted, as though there is more swelling under one side than the other, this is pushing the edge of the implant up so high that I can feel it pressing against my skin. My left one feels flat to my chest with an equal amount of swelling underneath the whole thing.
Just wondered how common this is before I cry on the phone to my surgeon tomorrow lol
Thanks girls, Jen x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 791

Back to top Go down

Can feel one implant, not the other..... Empty Re: Can feel one implant, not the other.....

Post by MI55NP 13th November 2014, 8:37 pm

I'm not sure if I have entirely the same feelings as you but my left breast is slightly more swollen, I can feel the implant more too. The right one just feels smooth and perfect. I literally did ring my nurse crying and flapping (that's what I do alongside google everything) my nurse was great and it was the same old...no two breasts are the same, give yourself time to recover, the boobs will take months to settle etc etc. xx
MI55NP
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 141

Back to top Go down

Can feel one implant, not the other..... Empty Re: Can feel one implant, not the other.....

Post by Jen23 13th November 2014, 8:47 pm

Sorry to hear you had a panic, but also good to hear that its normal. Mine has been like this since the op itself, my surgeon checked me out before I was discharged the next day and said it was fine. I do trust him but its hard not to flap about things isn't it :) what are we like? Lol
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MI55NP 13th November 2014, 9:35 pm

That's so weird Jen, as soon as I came too in my room, I felt mine and the left one felt odd. As soon as the surgeon came round I said I was worried lol then the next day....then I booked to see my nurse because it was weird ...the left girl is playing right up! But I've been told it's normal. My nurse also went and got an implant and showed me what it's probably doing inside my body. It made more sense seeing it and how it moves xx
MI55NP
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 13th November 2014, 9:42 pm

Do u think u could explain a bit what she showed you?
And what do u mean by playing up? Im worried now that I might have problems down the line, which is silly as im only 3 days post op :( think I might give them a call tomorrow :( poo!
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 13th November 2014, 9:51 pm

I need to stop worrying, surely just how they've swelled differently, right?
3 days is no time at all and I am seeing my surgeon next Friday to have my dressing off.
........an email to him wouldn't hurt tho,right?.......
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by MI55NP 13th November 2014, 10:38 pm

Sorry 'playing up' was my lame banter, basically the nurse had the implants in her hands and said when you move this way, the implant does this....when you bend over the implant moves like this...and so forth. My first week po I was a wreck, I'm pretty sure it's normal to feel like that. Give them a call if your worried, that's what your nurse is there for and should put your mind at rest. Xx
MI55NP
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 13th November 2014, 11:05 pm

Biggest thing to remember here girls - you've had two operations on two separate parts of your body. They are going to react separately to the trauma, and heal at different rates. Sisters, not twins. Its absolutely normal for one breast to go through more trauma that the other, as theyre not symmetrical to begin with. One may be marginally smaller, and therefore the implant needs a bit more coaxing to get in. All perfectly normal.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 13th November 2014, 11:13 pm

Early post op there's lots that can get you panicking & all usually quite normal & nothing to panic about in the end.
Each breast has had it's own separate op so trauma & swelling  can be different in each, boobs can be different shaped, one higher than other etc.... The list is endless but all quite normal, for reassurance though if overly concerned do phone hospital/clinic  that's what your aftercare is for, rather than worrying.   Hug     XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 14th November 2014, 7:06 am

Thank you :) sometimes all you need to hear is that it will be OK.
My righty, the one im worried about, is a lot more bruised underneath than the left which just seems to have taken it all in its stride. Probably doesn't help that im right handed either so this one has had more disruption.
Hubby is off again for 2 nights now so I will be doing not very much lol x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 14th November 2014, 7:31 am

Hi Jen , this will be me in a weeks time and you will end up reassuring me . I'm sure it's all fine . It's all part of the healing progress xxx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 14th November 2014, 7:49 am

Thanks Anne, I will be here :)
I hope so, just guna give em a call to ease my worries today. Better safe than driving myself nuts lol x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by anneritchley 14th November 2014, 8:05 am

Yes and that's what they are there for as well, it's about aftercare. By the way , how are you getting on with sleeping ? Are you sleeping propped up? I'm getting my comfy sun lounger out. I am worrying that I will turn on my side in my sleep. This way there is no way I can turn. They recline back so should be ok xx
anneritchley
anneritchley
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2293

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 14th November 2014, 8:30 am

I worried about this too, 1 week my left worried me and the next week my right! You'll have a fav boob that changes every week! Happy healing!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 14th November 2014, 9:48 pm

Hi girls, just thought ID let you know I called nd got thru to a lovely lady, she has had 2 BA's. She really put my mind at ease and made me feel I was OK to worry rather than some mad nutter lol
She reassured me that everything was normal :) phew!
My boobs are definitely different shapes mow tho, there is no denying it. Just glad its winter so they are covered while they settle down x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 14th November 2014, 9:54 pm

Glad to hear your ok now, and not worrying hun. X x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 14th November 2014, 9:58 pm

Thanks :) I don't like that the are different shapes tho :( they were so lovely and symmetrical before. Its weird because the one that giving me trouble almost feels like a tight muscle compressing it a bit. This is totally impossible as they are overs :$ still, I guess it could be lack of movement causing muscle issues. Anyway, will see what the man says on Friday, not stressing now tho :)
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 14th November 2014, 10:28 pm

When I've seen pictures on the Internet of day 1 day 2 etc they do look funny shapes until they heal x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 14th November 2014, 10:38 pm

Forgot to say have a look on you tube there is some good boob job diary's which might explain the healing process a bit better x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 15th November 2014, 7:09 am

Thanks Emma :) x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 15th November 2014, 9:54 am

You've already been given fab advice, they really do heal totally separately and hearing that really put my mind at rest during those early weeks!

Franbo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th November 2014, 3:18 pm

The different shapes is what we call the frankenboob. Another lovely thing they don't warn you about! Mine were pretty much square in the first week. Don't worry, give them time (weeks and months, not days) and they'll settle. Your boobs will eventually be exactly the same as they were pre op, just larger.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen23 15th November 2014, 7:48 pm

Thanks so much guys!
My husband has been keeping check on me today, making sure im not reaching for stuff and moving my right arm too much and actually a lot of the tight muscle feeling s subsiding :) he is a good un!
My incisions are hurting a bit today. Almost off the pan relief, just taking a couple of paracetamol as and when now. Feeling much better :)
Thanks again for all yr advice on my worries :) x x
Jen23
Jen23
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Franbo 16th November 2014, 7:46 pm

Glad you're feeling much better and your husband is taking good care of you!
Franbo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 223

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 26th January 2015, 10:33 am

Now have the same problem, can feel left implant, but right one smooth. Scared the hell out of me last night, but now I've found this thread feel better. X x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down