Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bras for after op?

+9
Boobies2be
loui1981
Comeontown
COOKIE
samlr87
Charlii
mirren001
rhy_fach
greybear312000
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bras for after op? Empty Bras for after op?

Post by greybear312000 11th September 2014, 7:56 pm

Hey guys who are post ba which bras did you buy for afterwards? My surgeon said Tescos ones are fine and I get a discount there, just need to make sure I buy the right ones! :)
greybear312000
greybear312000
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Bras for after op? Empty Re: Bras for after op?

Post by rhy_fach 11th September 2014, 9:22 pm

My surgeon said pretty much the same thing. I bought a front-fastening one on eBay for just over £8 delivered. It's one that you buy by the band size and it'll fit a range of cup sizes. Great as I didn't know what size I would be, but also allows for swelling to go down
I didn't actually wear it for the first two days as they were so full they weren't moving at all.
I'm not finding it very comfortable as there are seams in uncomfortable places. So I'll try and buy a better one at the weekend, but I'll probanly get one that doesn't fasten at front so there is more choice
 But I'm still very swollen so I'll still have to go shopping when they've settled down.
rhy_fach
rhy_fach
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Post by mirren001 11th September 2014, 9:39 pm

You will need to know what size your surgeon thinks you will be and whether they recommend high impact etc.
Most ladies pre BA are wearing the wrong size band so it's a good idea to get measured before your op just to check.
You will have swelling post op , if the bras you buy are back fastening you can buy some bra extenders ( they are pretty cheap) to use until the swelling subsides.
I had the Macom bra so didn't need to know my size, only the band size as the cups stretch to accommodate your boobs., however I found the material itchy feeling against my skin  so changed to a M&S zip front which was both supportive & super comfy.
Check with your surgeon & if it's high impact you need to wear Tesco have them but be aware that sometimes after a few washes the cheaper sports bras can sometimes loosen & be less supportive compared to say the Shock absorber etc. XXX
mirren001
mirren001

Number of posts : 3459

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th September 2014, 3:38 pm

Your surgeon should advise if you need high impact, or sometimes nothing at all. If you do need high impact, Tesco or supermarket brand wont cut it - they're cheap for a reason. Favourites on here are the Macom, M&S high impact (zip front or normal), Triumph Triaction extreme, or the Shockabsorber Run. You're spending so much on the BA, it just seems silly to go cheap on the post op bra and risk the healing. Also, if they want you in a bra from the off, you should follow their instructions exactly, because if they find out you didn't, they will whip your aftercare from underneath you.

Make sure you have your underband correct too - you can measure it yourself (though a fitting would be more accurate), just don't add the 4/5". What it measures is your size (i.e. I'm 31", so wear 32)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by samlr87 12th September 2014, 7:33 pm

Sorry to gate crash ladies but I have heard a lot about these m&s front zip bras and I am tempted to get one a long side a macom but I cant seem to find it on the site at all, am I being blind?!x
samlr87
samlr87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 12th September 2014, 8:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's the zip front. I didn't get on with it, the straps aren't adjustable and my body is too long. But loads of girls love it
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by samlr87 12th September 2014, 8:15 pm

Thank you Charlii x
samlr87
samlr87
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 247

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2014, 3:13 am

Hmmmm I'm actually wondering with you mentioning the discount count if your surgeon got confused and meant 'The Macom' 

Tescos don't offer a discount code for their sports bras (and they're rubbish anyway) 

Macom offer a discount though. 

If you go to The Macom page and type 'MyBreast' into the promo code bar you will receive a 15% discount. 

It may well not be, just seems confusing when reading and that was the first thing that came to mind. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by greybear312000 14th September 2014, 10:10 pm

No I get a discount at Tesco because I work for them lol. He has stated any non wired cotton bra and the ones the clinic recommend are actually from Primark! I managed to pick up a pack of 2 from Matalan for £8, one black and one white in a 34d but have been advised I may need to get one larger one for the early days when I am swollen. Really can't wait now! Buying the bras has made it feel more real yahoo
greybear312000
greybear312000
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2014, 10:45 pm

The problem with 'cheap bras' grey bear is that the support is great in the beginning, but after a couple of washes they loose all the support they initially offered... They can often feel comfy after a few washes because you've broke them in but they're not actually doing anything for your boobs. This coming not only myself but thousands of other women here who have tried and tested them. They only end up costing you more in the long run if you are needing a high impact support bra because of all the replacements you need throughout recovery, rather than spending that little more with the better tried and tested by thousands of women here who recommend ones like M&S's two pack who get excellent reviews at just £29 for two which is about £15 each and will last the entire recovery. 

But I see your surgeon mentioned: a non-wired cotton bra.  We do each have our BAs tailored to meet our own needs and your surgeon mustn't feel your boobs will need the support afterwards unlike most of us who need a high impact sportsbra, then there's some like yourself needing no support but can wear as your surgeon suggested, just a non-wired cotton bra and then others who don't have to wear anything at all and need to stay totally braless. 

So I guess we all got a little confuddled on this one, but we do get there in the end lol.  :ok: Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by greybear312000 15th September 2014, 8:53 am

Isn't it strange how different surgeons want different things! I know I will be wearing a strap for 6 weeks and have to wear a non wired bra for 6 weeks too. I have a 3rd final consultation on 30th September so I think I will take the bras with me to make sure!! To be fair the seem identical to the ones that they have in clinic that they use to try implants in. Tried them on last night and to say the cups are empty is an understatement at the moment!!
greybear312000
greybear312000
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Bras for after op? Empty Pics

Post by Comeontown 15th December 2014, 6:09 am

greybear312000 wrote:No I get a discount at Tesco because I work for them lol. He has stated any non wired cotton bra and the ones the clinic recommend are actually from Primark! I managed to pick up a pack of 2 from Matalan for £8, one black and one white in a 34d but have been advised I may need to get one larger one for the early days when I am swollen. Really can't wait now! Buying the bras has made it feel more real yahoo
 Would like to see your pics but only been a member for one day so not sure if 'active' yet.

Jacqui

Got consultation tomorrow and provisionally booked in for Dec 29th.
Comeontown
Comeontown
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by loui1981 15th December 2014, 6:56 am

I have a zip marks spencer one in 34dd which I love for night time and when I'm wear polo kneck etc. I spend 22 on a new one in size 34 e for my revision. If i find I go up a back size ive also brought my old.macom but it stretched with wasing i found
loui1981
loui1981
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 909

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 15th December 2014, 9:38 am

Well I am already thinking I'm not a 36 :/  My macom arrived...it fits, but isn't snug around the band.  Should it be?  I don't have time to get another one now as it took forever to arrive.  Perhaps it'll be OK initially to compensate for the swelling?  x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 508

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th December 2014, 10:27 am

Boobies2be, did you measure yourself? Whip out a tape measure and what ever it reads, that's your band. I went in thinking I was 36, but I only measure 31", so actually I'm a 32. If you are smaller, the macom should do you during the swelling and give you enough time to replace it. Odd it took so long, mine normally arrive in 5working days.
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 15th December 2014, 10:59 am

I think it's probably just the christmas period...I really don't want to risk ordering another so close though as it would need to be here by Friday.  I measure 33", so will keep this one for the swollen period, and then drop down a size.  Will it offer enough compression though?  Aghhhh it can only have been a man who invented the poxy band size measurements! x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th December 2014, 12:57 pm

If you measure 33" you'll be 34 post op. Swelling can last around 3 weeks and can take you up one or two bands, so a 36 in the macom should be fine for this period, and will provide enough support. But once your swelling goes down look to get a 34. And remember, down a band, up a cup!
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Boobies2be 15th December 2014, 1:28 pm

I have nothing AT ALL at the mo haha...so even AA's are too big Hysterical I can laugh about it now because in 5 DAYS i'll have boooooooooooooobs :) x
Boobies2be
Boobies2be
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by krizzooo1 15th December 2014, 6:15 pm

I had TESCO bras . They seemed GREAT but then I washed them and they were rubbish after that. No support at all.

My PS advised a Shock absorber N102. It was (is) FABULOUS. A lot more pricey but worth EVERY penny more.

I had cheap ones but literally JUST wore them when the N102 was in the wash. Eventually I purchased another N102 shock absorber.

I tried the M&S front zip, it was good (felt supportive) but not for me

SPORTSDIRECT do Lonsdale ones which are cheap and probably a little better than Tesco (again I wouldn't wear these much)

It pays to invest in a GOOD sports bra.
Macoms are Love or hate I think.... I never tried these.

xx
krizzooo1
krizzooo1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1788

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 15th December 2014, 8:25 pm

Do they sell the high impact support bra in m&s? Looked in there yesterday and couldn't find any x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1270

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 15th December 2014, 8:28 pm

Emma the m and s ones are the high impact zip front ones.

As for shock absorbers ladies, they are worth every penny I live in mine always check out eBay though as sometimes you can get some steals on there even brand new ones x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 15th December 2014, 8:41 pm

Thanks Mrsball I'll have a look, also on eBay x x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 15th December 2014, 8:49 pm

M&s also do an extra high impact sports bra 2 pack. I actually think they are probably comparable to a branded high impact one, but I've found them very comfortable and supportive. Good value too and the cups are seam free which I liked. Perfect for post op and subsequent comfort but I'm not sure I'd go running in it!
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Emmapinder1983 15th December 2014, 8:55 pm

Just had a look they look good mammamia, if I'm measuring 29 inches under boobs, will I be a 30 in m&s sports bra? X x
Emmapinder1983
Emmapinder1983
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Mammamia 15th December 2014, 9:37 pm

I find the band quite tight. I measure 29 under boobs and wear a 30 band in bravissimo but a 32 in m&s. But post op I wore this bra in a 34 WITH a bra extender due to swelling. I can still wear the 34, but in the tightest clasp. The band doesn't have a lot of stretch. I'd probably order a 32 and 34 and send one back! I also found the cups were quiet generous.
Mammamia
Mammamia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1275

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next