Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How soon did you see your surgeon? And...

+8
tigertonix
maddimoo
Charlii
Kt402
kati1236
kdeee
Jenpops
Lily26
12 posters

Go down

How soon did you see your surgeon? And... Empty How soon did you see your surgeon? And...

Post by Lily26 3rd March 2014, 4:27 pm

Hi ladies! 

When I left hospital my surgeon said he will see me in 2 weeks, no one made the appointment for me so this morning I rang the hospital and was passed on to ring his secretary. I called her and she said he would normally see me at 2 weeks but won't be down in the area then so she made me an appointment for in over 4 weeks. I asked her if he would be ok with this and she said oh yeah that will be fine it's not a big operation. I was a bit annoyed as to me it is a big operation which I have spent a lot of money on! I wanted to check when you all saw your surgeon after? I am probably being silly and a few more weeks won't matter but I was looking forward to seeing him and him having a proper look.

Also, when I left the hospital I was told nothing about dressings etc I have an appointment with a nurse to have my stitches out on Friday so do I just leave that area alone and wait for the dressing to be changed by her? The leaflet they gave me said I could take it off after a few days but no one told me to do that and I don't want to fiddle unless I have to. 

Thankyou in advance lovely ladies xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 300

Back to top Go down

How soon did you see your surgeon? And... Empty Re: How soon did you see your surgeon? And...

Post by Jenpops 3rd March 2014, 4:37 pm

I see my ps for the first time next tue! Haven't seen anyone since. Although have spoken to him several times x
Jenpops
Jenpops
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 991

Back to top Go down

How soon did you see your surgeon? And... Empty Re: How soon did you see your surgeon? And...

Post by kdeee 3rd March 2014, 5:06 pm

Yes don't touch your dressings yourself. Let the nurse deal with it and she will give you advice when you see her what to do next. Make sure your dressings will remain dry and clean.

I won't see my PS until 3 months post op. Unless there are complications but I'm scheduled for another 6 week appointment with a nurse. So 4 weeks should be ok hun.

How are you feeling? xxx
kdeee
kdeee
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 928

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 3rd March 2014, 5:18 pm

Oh okay that sounds ok then! 
Yeah I didn't want to touch the dressings haha
Thankyou for the replies! 

Not too bad thanks Hun just really sore still, trying to keep on top of the painkillers and rest lots which is hard with the kids around. Really happy and can't wait to be able to try on bikinis and bras but I've got to be very patient haha. 

How's your recovery going? Xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kati1236 3rd March 2014, 5:27 pm

Saw my surgeon after my op then I see him at 6 weeks. Saw my nurse at 2 weeks. My small print terms and condition states if you don't attend those checks your after care is void so make sure you go and get seen when they request :) x
kati1236
kati1236
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 753

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 3rd March 2014, 5:39 pm

Thanks Hun, I'll be going for all the checks!! Can't wait to see what my surgeon thinks, wish he was in the area as he wanted to see me at 2 weeks suppose I don't have much longer to wait. Will see what the nurse thinks on Friday anyway :) x
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Kt402 3rd March 2014, 6:31 pm

Hi Hun, I saw my surgeon before being discharged from hospital and will see hi m this Thursday, 7 weeks post op.

The nurse I have seen three or four times in the interim, she has been fab in answering questions and helping alleviate my concerns xx
Kt402
Kt402
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd March 2014, 6:35 pm

I saw him immediately after the op, then not again until 12 (14 before I got an appointment) weeks. Nurse at 1 & 2 wks. Nothing to be concerned about. But yes, leave your dressings well alone, your nurse will deal with them. If you take them off yourself you could be leaving yourself open to infection.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by maddimoo 3rd March 2014, 7:34 pm

Hi Lily, hope he is in the área in 2wks cos hes doing my Boobs!!! Glad to hear you're feeling ok xx
maddimoo
maddimoo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertonix 3rd March 2014, 8:14 pm

Hi, honey!! This does sound very annoying and unorganised to be honest!
I think you should be able to see your surgeon at the 2-week mark, if you were told you could do, as this is a BIG operation for YOU and you should be treated just as important as a patient who has undergone a more complex operation!
However, 4 weeks sounds fine.. I saw my surgeon at the 6 week mark and I feel this was a good time as my boobs had had time to drop more and my incisions had healed. So 4 weeks should be a good time to see your surgeon :)

Regarding your dressings, I would leave them well alone! If you're getting your stitches out on Friday then I expect your nurse will be taking your dressings off. this was the case for me and I left my dressings on for 10 days after my op until my nurse took them off. If in doubt, honey, you can always ring your nurse at your clinic :)

I hope you're okay. I know the lack of communication at clinics is annoying haha :(

Take care, lovely xxxxx
tigertonix
tigertonix
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1672

Back to top Go down

Post by B'sboobs 3rd March 2014, 8:46 pm

I'm worrying about this kind of thing too, although my friend is a nurse at the hospital I'm having my op and said she'll come round to me if I want her to (I don't want to make my aftercare void though!) xx
B'sboobs
B'sboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 342

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 3rd March 2014, 8:57 pm

Don't touch your dressings Hun until you see your nurse , and she takes out stitches and changes dressing. 

I saw my surgeon straight after surgery, at 6 weeks then again at a year. 

I could see him whenever I wanted and still want . Just be a bit more forceful on the phone for example instead of them saying they'll get back to you or phone you back with a date to see him to say you'll stay on the line whilst they sort it out for you and won't hand up till they give you a date! X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 3rd March 2014, 9:02 pm

I saw mine at 2 then.4 weeks then as I've had complications and reop have seen him loads xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Sahara1981 3rd March 2014, 9:05 pm

I saw my surgeon straight after but my appointment is at 2 weeks to see him. But as it's a self employed practice I could see him whenever I feel the need as such.

My dressings are still on and I've been told not to get them wet till I see him at 2 weeks.

Hate this shallow bath thing!!
Sahara1981
Sahara1981
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1445

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 3rd March 2014, 9:16 pm

Thankyou for all the replies everyone, really helpful!! 
I will leave my dressings well alone and look forward to speaking to the nurse :)

Maddimoo I'm sure I've asked you but my memory is terrible! When is your surgery with James? I must admit I was confused when he left after talking to me about how it went he said see you in two weeks more than once and I'm sure he'd know if he was in the area then but I suppose his secretary must know his appointments so I don't know! 
Can't wait to see the incisions and have a proper look :) 
Xxx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily26 3rd March 2014, 9:19 pm

Oh I'm useless, just seen your date in your info! 
Hmmm how strange she said he won't be until the 31st march and he will be at the duchy for your op! 
She's annoyed me!! Haha xx
Lily26
Lily26
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by maddimoo 3rd March 2014, 9:42 pm

Thats what threw me when u said he wasnt around hun as Im booked for exactly 2 wks after u at duchy. Maybe he does only surgery on a friday as my original consultation with him was a monday, must be frustrating for u as i think I would just want them looked at to tell me they ok, (and what a fab pair id got! Haha!) Maybe email him if u worried hun xxx
maddimoo
maddimoo
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 146

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 3rd March 2014, 10:42 pm

Its likely he has surgery days and consulting days, so he's possibly fully booked on his consulting day.

Mine was a pain in the A trying to get my follow up, I kept ringing saying 'I wanna book for now' and they told me it was too early, call back in 2 weeks. So I did and guess what? 'Im sorry, we have nothing for another 2wks'. Grr.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down