Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Projection

3 posters

Go down

Projection  Empty Projection

Post by Doughty 20th December 2013, 10:50 am

Hi girls have a quick question. Iv booked for the conicals and my surgeon has suggested low profile. He explained that a low profile conical projects the same as a high profile round would. My concern is I don't want them to look fla at all and feel as I'm in need of as much uplift as possible I should push for a moderate profile. However think iv read the more projection the less cleavage so does that mean I'd have to go up a size (say from 295 to 325 cc) to make up for the loss in width with mod profile....sorry confused and want to question with my surgeon but don't want to ask blind x
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 361

Back to top Go down

Projection  Empty Re: Projection

Post by jenniferrf1 20th December 2013, 11:53 am

The difference in low and high profile is the base width and the reason for different profiles is because our breast width diameter differs so the implant needs to fit on your chest without it being to narrow or equally to wide... You will still have the same results because the only difference is the diameter of the implant.. not the fill.
We have women here with low profiles and you can't tell at all.
Cleavage will not be created wether you have lows or high ... It will stay the same as it is pre BA without a bra because the surgeon will not be touching the skin inbetween your breasts... Hardly anyone has a great cleavage without a bra...
So basically don't worry about the profile... It's based on the width of your breasts and you will still have the same result as another woman who has highs due to a smaller chest xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th December 2013, 12:20 pm

Your surgeon is wrong Doughty. You do not get the same forward projection on a low profile implant than you do on a high. 

The higher the profile is the MORE forward projection you will have. 

See the diagram below. 

Projection  6fe6bec1f23efd0d4af6fe326b60f681_zps95425092

Your surgeons choice of implant generally starts with your breast with diameter 

Projection  8bcb5dd8eb1b727abc069d5f30b8e661_zps4186bca0

Your surgeon has to fill the width of your breast to achieve a good look for you, so if you have wide breasts, then he must feel the low profile is best for you. But he really shouldn't lie and tell you the projection is the same - it isn't babe. 

If you know your BWD, you could always check the catalogue of the implants you're purchasing and see if any of the higher profiles have a dimention that would fit to give you more projection if this is what you wanted. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 20th December 2013, 12:29 pm

Thanks for all the info girls, def need to ask to chat with him about this. He said that the low conical would provide same projection as high round and from the diagram I can see how this works, I don't think that is a lie. My question I suppose to him would be if I can achieve a more of a fuller upper pole with a moderate?!
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th December 2013, 12:43 pm

Your implants are going to wider, yes. So you would achieve more upper pole as well as more side boob from the low profile. But you will not get more forward projection at all from a low profile. As you can see the lowest is quite flat in appearance. 

From personal experience of having a wide implant on my frame, I will warn you on one thing that it felt. Like 'for me' the wider profile made me often feel fat in clothing because if the side boob. Now I have a narrower implant that's resolved that completely. 

So find out what your BWD is hun and then you can take a look through the catalogue based on your dimentions and see what's available to you to give you the best of both. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doughty 20th December 2013, 1:04 pm

Ok il find it out thanks you cookie and go from there, do you reckon I could get an idea from measuring myself or do I need to get it from him then look at the catalogue? Thanks again and for taking the trouble to get all the diagrams x
Doughty
Doughty
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 20th December 2013, 1:11 pm

Its really no problem Doughty. They help you better understand don't they far better than I could writing it all down for you.  Give You 

You could try and get your dimentions based on the diagram above which will give you a general idea. But it would be best coming from your surgeon babe...afterall, they're the experts lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down