Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freaking Out...

2 posters

Go down

Freaking Out... Empty Freaking Out...

Post by JordanG92 5th December 2013, 11:45 pm

Evening Girls...

A few weeks ago when I went to see my surgeon about placement, size etc. He told me he wanted to do subfascial placements. I hadn't heard of it before but he explained that it's where the implant is placed between your normal tissue and your fascia which is a tougher layer of tissue that protects the rest so it would provide a bit of natural protection to my implant too. He explained it all really thoroughly and he's done this type of placement loads.. he showed me pics of previous girls he's performed the surgery on and even put me in contact with some aswell, all of which were lovely and helpful.

BUT... For some reason I feel really funny about it all of a sudden. I've raked through this forum and have only found one previous post about subfascials and there's not as much information about it anywhere else because it's not the usual over/unders/partial placement.

I just wondered if any of you had some information or knew anyone that's had this done or even just a bit of reassurance for me.. I'm pretty tired so probably just worked myself into a silly state but I can't shake it off :( xx
JordanG92
JordanG92
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Freaking Out... Empty Re: Freaking Out...

Post by COOKIE 6th December 2013, 12:32 am

Who is your surgeon hun?

If your surgeon is known for all placements - partials, overs and the subfacial then I really wouldn't be worried.

Generally, if you can pinch an inch of breast tissue you're able to have your implants placed over the muscle, if not, then partials are given so the muscle can act as a cushion to cover the implant.

Subfacial placements aren't really common, that's true...however if your surgeon is tailoring your BA to help you achieve a great result based on your body type then he may have chosen this because it sorta gives the best of both worlds for those that may have just enough breast tissue for overs, but may be a little boney up top, so the subfacial might just give that additional coverage for you.

If you haven't yet booked your surgery Jordan, I would suggest you went for a second opinion to see what another surgeon were to offer.

If you are booked, I'd maybe do a little digging and see if you can find if your surgeon performs partials and overs... If he doesn't and he only does the subfacial then I'd personally go back and question his reasons for the placement 'for you' again. You don't need to know where the implant goes, you know all of that, but you need to know why its the placement chosen 'for you' over overs, if you do have enough breast tissue and over partials if you don't?  

I have however also heard that some surgeons like that you can achieve the natural look of overs and yet give the breast some internal support... But as I said... If the surgeon only uses this placement alone, it may be right for some women, but that's not to say its right for all and therefore its important for you to have in your notes that if this placement isn't right for you your surgeon would be happy to revise the placement if necessary. (ie: To change to partials if you feel the implant doesn't have enough coverage)  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by JordanG92 6th December 2013, 11:05 am

Thanks Cookie :) 

My surgeon is called Dr Persson, I phoned him this morning about it and he explained it all to me. It was actually stuff he had gone over in the original appointment but I think I was just too excited to take it in.. oops.  First, he said he does do different placements and he's been doing surgery since before I was born and he also said he was doing the placement because I want a natural look and also because my chest is quite small if I had proper overs you would see the outline of the implant a bit so it makes sense. I just panicked a bit because I wanted to know every little thing and thought subfascial wasn't 'right'. 

Thank you for breaking it down for me Cookie, I got myself in such a state last night but once I read through and answered your questions in my head and spoke to the surgeon I feel much better now.. if not a bit silly! xx
JordanG92
JordanG92
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th December 2013, 11:51 am

Glad you're feeling happier now Jordan and no questions are silly here babe. Discussing the options given to you to help you better understand and confirmed before surgery is actually very sensible babe, so any other questions you might have Jordan, just ask away lovely. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down