Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Microchipped boobies!

2 posters

Go down

Microchipped boobies! Empty Microchipped boobies!

Post by COOKIE 23rd October 2013, 9:39 pm

Breast implants — since their inception in the 1960s — have come a long way, and despite the heated debates about augmentation, women are still going under the knife to increase their cup sizes. In 2012, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported breast augmentation as one of the top five most performed cosmetic procedures.
Now, a Belgium-based medical implants company, Establishment Labs, is marketing a new silicone breast implant with a Food and Drug Administration (FDA)- approved radio frequency identification chip (RIDF) made by VeriTeQ’s Q Inside Safety Technology. The new technology will allow doctors to easily access important information about a patient's implant.
The new implant is called the Motiva Implant Matrix Ergonomix, and "it’s about giving women the power of verification and control throughout the life of the device, if they choose to have breast implants," say the company's CEO Juan Jose Chacon-Quiros.
The implants will be monitored using a handheld device, and any information obtained will be stored in a secure online database. Both physicians and patients will have access to specific information regarding each implant, such as date of manufacture, size, and serial number.
After many health scares with implants — including a French company selling a number of defective devices this past year — consumers and health care providers believe that microchips are a step in the right direction for safety and efficiency in breast augmentation.
But even with these safety precautions, the fact of the matter is that breast augmentation is still a major surgery. A couple of years ago, doctor Nalini Chilkov wrote a piece for the Huffington Post on "25 Reasons Not to Get Breast Implants," some of which included infection (bacteria and mold that can be released from the implant into the body), surgical risks, anesthesia risks, chronic breast pain, breast or nipple numbness, and scar tissue.
The new breast implants have not been thoroughly tested yet; so, like many other silicone breast implants, there is a chance that it might leak, break, or rupture — warranting a new surgery.
Most implants last seven to 12 years on average.
Establishment Labs is a private company with offices in Florida, Costa Rica, and Belgium. It hopes to market the implants in 28 countries in the European Union.

Source HERE

Don't think I'd actually like my boobs microchipped Shifty 

I think I'd rather keep all my booby details in a safe place and not risk taking th dog to the vet for his annual check up and have the gun find is way accidentally past my boob and the bloody thing go off giving him all my booby info haha. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Microchipped boobies! Empty Re: Microchipped boobies!

Post by Mrs_B_24 23rd October 2013, 9:43 pm

Haha how funny would that be at the vets! I'm with you Cookie, it sounds a bit too weird for my liking! Xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 531

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum