Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much help?

3 posters

Go down

How much help? Empty How much help?

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 8:44 am

Hiya girls

I have a bit of a problem, I have 2 small children and my hubby is great with them so I have no worries about him looking after them for 2 weeks. However, my husbands Nan is not very well, she is in hospital and has pneumonia and has had a major stroke. I hate to say it but I don't think she has long left. She's 92 and is really struggling it's such a shame, my hubby is worried about his Nan understandably but now he's worried about me as I have my uplift and ba very soon. He's worried that if anything happens to his Nan he won't be able to look after me - he will still have the kids but if he had to go down to South Birmingham if anything happens he's worried about leaving me alone. I said I would be fine but he asked me to post on here to see how much I will be able to do for myself a few days after the op and how much help I will need to put his mind at rest and arrange for a friend to come if needs be. I feel so guilty about him worrying about me when he has his Nan to worry about.

My question is I know that everyone heals differently but will I be able to look after myself on my own a few days after the op? Or will I need someone with me to help with every day tasks?

Thanks in advance girls xxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

How much help? Empty Re: How much help?

Post by COOKIE 11th October 2013, 9:06 am

YOU will be fine babe. After about 3 days you'll be able to move about more and look after yourself no problem...

The children are a different story. They will need looking after for two weeks if they're small children that need watching.

You will not be able to lift a child at all for two weeks, you will very tired and will fall asleep at the drop if a hat, your arms will be weak and you'll be slow to walk. Putting them in your care alone post-op is putting THEM in danger.

If there's any possibility at all babe that you might be left alone with the small children in that timescale then it would wise to try and rope friends in to help if you can.

If you are left alone with them having to run round them and lift them then you risk putting yourself back in theatre for any damage you might do to your boobs hun and risk the possibility of making your aftercare void because you haven't adhered to the conditions or worse... One of the children could get hurt.

Sorry for being so blunt lovely but its important to be aware if the 'truth' about this surgery so you can prepare.

Without kids you can rest when you want, eat when you want and take a gentle walk when you want. You simply can't look after yourself or your small children after just having major surgery babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th October 2013, 9:07 am

Just to add... Sorry to read about your nan and do sincerely hope all is well babe Hug  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 11th October 2013, 9:10 am

I think you will need the help...

Everyone is different like you say but after your arm movement is limited and therefore your strength, you will be tired and looking to have naps most likely...
I would say you will be ok for an hour or two throughout the day but a whole day by yourself and you won't be able to look after your children by yourself I wouldn't say (I havnt got children yet) ... Mainly because you won't be able to pick them up, prepare meals and even just keeping them busy... I was napping for a week!

Sorry to hear about your husbands nan, my boyfriend lost his earlier in the year which was the first grievance we've had in the 5 years together so it was a upsetting time xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 9:11 am

Hiya cookie - sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant to be able to look after myself.

If anything happens to his Nan he will take the kids with him - he wouldn't leave them with me he knows I can't look after them. I've got arrangements in place for nearly 3 weeks for the kids as my daughter is only 8 months so needs picking up etc. thanks for the concern but it was more about me - he thinks I won't be able to do anything for myself so it's good to know I should be fine. I'm having my op on a Wednesday and my mum is staying with me and my dad is having the kids until Friday as they go away on Saturday. It's good to know I will be ok if he needs to go and see his mum in Birmingham. It's not ideal to take the kids but he knows he has to so don't worry, I wouldn't look after them so soon after my op.

Thanks for the advise cookie I will show hubby so he can stop worrying! xxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 9:12 am

Hiya cookie - sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant to be able to look after myself.

If anything happens to his Nan he will take the kids with him - he wouldn't leave them with me he knows I can't look after them. I've got arrangements in place for nearly 3 weeks for the kids as my daughter is only 8 months so needs picking up etc. thanks for the concern but it was more about me - he thinks I won't be able to do anything for myself so it's good to know I should be fine. I'm having my op on a Wednesday and my mum is staying with me and my dad is having the kids until Friday as they go away on Saturday. It's good to know I will be ok if he needs to go and see his mum in Birmingham. It's not ideal to take the kids but he knows he has to so don't worry, I wouldn't look after them so soon after my op.

Thanks for the advise cookie I will show hubby so he can stop worrying! xxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 9:15 am

Damn, I keep double posting. Thanks for the well wishes guys and thanks Jen. So am I best asking a friend to come round on Saturday if anything happens? Just as back up so he can stop worrying? I've just had a text from my mum in law basically saying she is just being made comfortable and it's a waiting game as she will never recover. Such a shame. We were really close to his Nan too. Sorry to hear about your boyfriends Nan Jen xx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 11th October 2013, 9:16 am

On the 4th day, even if you feel crappy babe, you're able to take care of yourself.

Surgeons would say you need someone with you for the first 24 hours after surgery to get over the GA and we have women cope because they've had to in doing that. But in realistic terms if you don't have to, then having someone to care for you in the first 3 days really is essential. You really might struggle for those initial days babe, so having someone there to get you though will help a lot. After that, as I said, even if you feel crappy - you'll cope sweetie yes 
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lias6246 11th October 2013, 9:21 am

Ok thank you cookie. I will have a friend on back up in case hubby isn't there on the Saturday. 

At least then he can stop stressing about having to look after me. Bless him.

Thanks again xxxx
Lias6246
Lias6246
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum