Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The boobie fund

+5
COOKIE
mrsball
Charlii
tinkerbell24
jenniferrf1
9 posters

Go down

The boobie fund Empty The boobie fund

Post by jenniferrf1 9th October 2013, 9:17 am

Hi ladies, just looking for some advice about the boobie fund...

At the moment I still have my student bank account but am changing it over soon and wondered how you save up?

Do you just use an everyday savers account? Is this safe? Or something else?

Thank you! X
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

The boobie fund Empty Re: The boobie fund

Post by tinkerbell24 9th October 2013, 9:24 am

I have an isa that I pay £25 a week into since my surgery and you get a little bit of interest on them, not alot but its better than nothing so at the end of every 52 weeks I will have £1300 in the account but then the bank adds 2,2% so yeah not alot but its something think I have around £1500 in it just now as I have been putting past the £25 a week and then the money I got back from my surgeon I added to that too xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 9th October 2013, 9:28 am

Blimey you're organised! Im still paying for this one!

Unfortunately, the best thing to do right now is be uber vigilant and disloyal! Depending on how much you're looking to put away each year, an ISA might be the best, as theyre tax free, higher interest than savings accounts, and a lot of them you can only take out a certain amount too, so it would dissuade you from dipping in. Or look for the hightest rate savings account. But every year, check your rates and shop around. Hubby and I put off switching our joint account for yrs because it was just easier to stick, but now we're getting a much better deal. Its also a lot easier to switch bank accounts these days too.

Have a look on MoneySupermarket, its quite good for showing you whats available.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 9th October 2013, 9:32 am

yeah we move our cash around each year, in one isa we do have a fair amount and we do get a good amount f cash added

I paid for my last BA out right so ive been lucky that I can start saving straight away and i kinda feel like ive had a free year lol to save as I getting a reop 4 weeks before my boobs will be a year old lol

you will both manage to save no prob xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th October 2013, 9:41 am

Haha charli I am still paying this one off but am hoping to start putting some away for next time also! So for example it's around 60 per month to pay off for these bpobs (I managed to pay more than half up front) but I was hoping to put an extra 20/30/40 away monthly into the boobie fund

That's great advice thank you :) I wondered if the isa would be better... Sounds like it would be! I was also wanting to switch bank accounts too so I could maybe set it up soon at the same time! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 9th October 2013, 9:51 am

some banks are offering £150 cash to switch accounts well the are up here we just done it and that could be a start to ur savings xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 9th October 2013, 11:18 am

I would say an ISA as it's tax free savings. Plus one of the higher interests around. Just pop a little away each month you won't notice it's gone and it soons builds up xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 9th October 2013, 11:32 am

I use an ISA Jen.

With breast implants and aftercare often having grey areas that aren't covered its very sensible to start a booby fund as soon as you can start to afford it and put in as much as you can afford until you have the cost if a replacement.

Breast implants come with no guarantees that complications might arise and as I said, it not unknown for aftercare policies to have grey areas you're not aware of until you come to claim as I found out for myself when my body had a bad reaction to a ruptured implant and because of that I needed an uplift to correct the damage of the reaction had caused... My aftercare covered the replacement of the implant, the hospital costs, surgeon costs, meds, the lot... But it didn't cover reactions! So, I had to pay for the uplift myself, so just 3 years after having my BA paying £4,500 I then had to pay the exact amount again for the uplift and this was after a huge fight with the clinic having them agree to come down in price from £6,000!

So in just 3 years my BA ended up costing me £9,000.

So don't feel safe just because you have aftercare girls! Get saving... Its a given that you're going to have further surgery after having a BA, but you will never know when that will be, so BE PREPARED! xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 9th October 2013, 12:26 pm

yeah def even though my aftercare uptil now has been above and beyond, u just dont know what life will send along your way and even if you have a little of what you need to put towards the payments then its a start xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 9th October 2013, 12:37 pm

Ok thank you, sounds like the isa is the way forward!! Like you said I'm already saving for next one so I'm prepared :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizzyboobs 9th October 2013, 12:42 pm

I've started putting lil bit away, here and there. I save all my tips from work which usually covers my Botox........  I'm fairly good at saving. So bring on my boobie fund.....
Seems odd when you have only just had done.......xx
Bizzyboobs
Bizzyboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1438

Back to top Go down

Post by rachij 9th October 2013, 8:28 pm

Hey 

With my BA I managed to get £3, 000 together cash and have put the other £1, 000 on a 0% credit card with 26 months on it so can spread the cost out.
With regards to boobie fund I'm putting away £ 25 at the moment but will up it once this ones paid for next year :).
rachij
rachij
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 9th October 2013, 11:04 pm

hi hun,

yes like the girls have said, an ISA is a good idea as its tax free and it does earn you more interest than an everyday saver!

there might be slight differences in ISA's but I just opened mine at barclays as i bank there anyway and then it's just really easy.

I do try and put about 50pounds a month away, but thats half for a holiday and half for my boobie fund :) x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 10th October 2013, 5:36 pm

haha blue is that another boobie holiday ;) xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member