Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?

4 posters

Go down

Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?  Empty Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?

Post by COOKIE 27th September 2013, 2:41 pm

This is a question many of my patients ask when considering breast augmentation with implants.

Years of testing have shown breast augmentation to be very safe and the benefits of breast implants can last 10-25 years, or even longer. The shape of your breasts, however, will continue to change with age and your skin will lose elasticity. If you become pregnant after you have a breast enhancement with implants, your skin may not return to its previous state.

The position of your nipples may become lower and appear to be lower than the fullness of your breast implants. If your breasts do not increase significantly in size during pregnancy and lactation, there is a good chance your breasts will look just like they did previously with the only difference being that the skin is slightly more loose.

Your breasts will age regardless of pregnancy or breast feeding. If you are terribly unhappy with your current breasts and feel the small size or shape of your breasts effect your self confidence or the type of clothes you can wear, my suggestion is to go forward with your breast surgery. Keep in mind that if you have a breast augmentation and later become pregnant, you may need breast implant revision sooner than you might have expected.

You should be able to breast feed after breast augmentation if you retain sensation to your nipples which is almost always the case. The ability to breast feed is not predictable, but my suggestion is if breast feeding is crucial for you, do not have any breast surgery. Not having any breast augmentation surgery is the only way to be sure a procedure won't effect your ability to breast feed.

I tell all of my St. Louis plastic surgery patients that the most important thing to remember is that having any cosmetic procedure, especially a breast augmentation, is a very private and individual decision. This is something you should discuss at length with your plastic surgeon and it is important you express your concerns. Make sure your plastic surgeon understands your needs and concerns before agreeing to any procedure.

Source HERE
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?  Empty Re: Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?

Post by jenniferrf1 27th September 2013, 2:50 pm

Thank you for posting this cookie! I kept asking myself this before my BA, I didn't feel like I could wait another 5 years or so (if im hopefully lucky enough to have kids) so I went ahead, its good to see that although I should expect changes its ok to have the implants before....

Life isn't simple but hopefully I will have children within the next 5-10 years and if I am complication free will need doing by then anyway xx fingers crossed   xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?  Empty Re: Should I have a BA if I haven't had children yet?

Post by jakki32 27th September 2013, 3:07 pm

I wanted one for years and did wait after kids and another 10 years, financial as well as being 110% sure played a part in my decision. But it is a personal choice. If you are that unhappy with your breasts then you have to do what is right for you. I have read posts and thought, goodness they're young etc.. But you cannot judge, it is a personal choice. I have to say that if anyone asked me advice and hadn't had kids yet I would say , if you can,wait, as I know ladies whose breasts stayed bigger after and they liked their new shape .... But that's my opinion. Then again there are ladies on here who may think what's the point at your age etc.. All down to the individual xx
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 27th September 2013, 3:28 pm

I agree it is completely a personal choice.

I never considered a BA before children tbh, my breasts were small in a good way, but plump and perky.

Two children later they were neither of the above!
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down