Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ?

+4
Charlii
COOKIE
jenniferrf1
Lozzykins
8 posters

Go down

When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ? Empty When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ?

Post by Lozzykins 22nd September 2013, 9:14 am

Hey girls

I'm 26 days PO and was meant to wear micropore tape over my incisions for 3 months but I'm allergic to it so from today I have nothing covering my scars and they are bare. I'm worried it's too soon to have no tape or anything covering them ?

How far PO were you when you had no tape/dressings covering your scars anymore ?

Thanks xxx
Lozzykins
Lozzykins
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 173

Back to top Go down

When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ? Empty Re: When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ?

Post by jenniferrf1 22nd September 2013, 9:25 am

Mine was yesterday at day 13... I had dressings changed at day 8 then told to remove it 5 days later which was yesterday... So it's not too soon but obviously not your original instructions xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ? Empty Re: When did you have dressings removed & bare scars ?

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 9:28 am

There are women that have absolutely nothing on there incisions at all from about a week post-op Lozzy... And then there are those that have to keep the micropore on for around 3 month.

Its individual thing lovely and as long as your surgeon for you to bare your scars, then that's the right time 'for you' xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 22nd September 2013, 12:15 pm

I had my dressings removed at a week, then steristrips for a further week, then nothing, 2wks then bare. I did worry at first, but they were fine.
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueeyedsoul13 22nd September 2013, 12:35 pm

wow micropore for 3 months, that's a long time!

i had my dressings removed at 3 weeks and went bare from then on (apart from when i went to get a spray tan, i put some steristrips back on for that).

'generally' your incisions are regarded as strong enough to go bare anywhere from 1-3 weeks PO it seems, so at 26 days i wouldn't worry hun.

you could always double check with your clinic, but rest assured they're not about to pop open just because there is no micropore on them ;) just make sure to pat them dry carefully after showering (no rubbing) and run enough clear water over them after using products just to make sure nothing is left.
x
Blueeyedsoul13
Blueeyedsoul13
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1780

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 22nd September 2013, 4:39 pm

I had my initial dressings removed at twelve days post op I think. I have been told by my surgeon to wear microtape for at least 3 months. Tbh I don't mind it, I never take it off, it only gets changed when it peels away. The thing is we all get different instructions from our surgeons so you must do what your surgeon has asked you to do x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by clazabella 22nd September 2013, 4:49 pm

My surgeon removed my dressings at 3 days post op, left the steristrips on until day 7 and then took them off.
clazabella
clazabella
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 276
Location : Just returned from being an expat in the UAE for 6 years to the good old UK

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 22nd September 2013, 9:36 pm

5days po I had my dressings removed but have been told to keep covered wiv micropore for 6weeks.dunno why its longer this time cus first time round I think I only had to micropore my scars fof 2weeks.didnt think to ask my ps at the time xxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down