Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile????

+5
jay1983
mrsball
jenniferrf1
Nicole
Siamese4
9 posters

Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile????

Post by Siamese4 21st September 2013, 6:49 am

Hi guys

I just wondered if anyone could give me any advice.....  I'm due to have a re-aug on 20 Oct as had PIPs in 2004.  I originally was a 32A/AA and I had 250cc implanted.  I immediately regretted it as soon as swelling went down and wish I had gone bigger.  This time I don't want to make the same mistake - after second consultation in the last month I have decided on 400cc Ultra High Profile Soft Touch but I am worried now about the result.  I know everyone is different and it depends on your existing stats etc but I just wondered if anyone has around 400cc implant and is around size 10 5'6".  I am a 34 back and feel that my current implants could be slightly wider - with going to 400 the implants will be nearly a cm wider just worried in case they are not going to wide enough? 

Any thoughts/photos would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Re: Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile????

Post by Nicole 21st September 2013, 8:09 am

I'm same stats as you, size 10 5'5 n started off a 34a. I had 385cc high profile n I'm measuring a 32E but 'for me' I wish I went bigger. Have you shown your surgeon pictures of the size you want? These are great so you know you're both on the same page. How did you feel after the sizing appt? I knew even then that they were too small but they were physically the biggest I could have so had no other option. I think if you're happy with how they look at the sizing appt you'll be happy post op xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Re: Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile????

Post by jenniferrf1 21st September 2013, 8:31 am

I agree in going back to see your surgeon with pictures of the look you want and to also discuss that you feel like you feel you would like a bit wider! I'm a size 10/12, 5'9 and was 34b and I had 460... I've been more worried that they could be too big, Never too small but I think it's because they still need to move down etc...
Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 21st September 2013, 9:24 am

You will be going nearly double of what you have now and 400cc is a pretty decent size implant. As for it being a cm wider the surgeon will have to work with your bwd so it's not so much a case of feeling they could be wider they may not be able to be more than a 1cm wider due to your bwd. 

400cc may also be the biggest you a have at the moment again to allow skin to Stech etc. 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 21st September 2013, 11:05 am

If you feel your implant should be higher then look at projection hon. I did that and have gone from an extra high projection to med as wanted it to fill more of the area. X
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Thank you guys

Post by Siamese4 22nd September 2013, 5:45 am

Hi everyone

Thanks for your input - I think I am just panicking a little as getting close to BA date.  When I went for 2nd consultation (to discuss projection and Natrelle range) I told him that I wanted my new boobs to stick out from the side as the ones I have now (250cc) are small and more of a round flat shape and he said that if I wanted more projection I would simply have to go bigger and that would be to around 400cc hence why I have decided to go for 400cc.  Tbh Nicole when I saw the 410cc implant in consultation I thought it was big (didn't have 400cc in stock) so am sure I will be happy post-op.  Also not sure what you mean by BWD - can anyone help?  Jay when you said you went for med so it filled area more do you mean bottom of breast - can I ask what stats you are and size implant you had?

Many thanks.xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 6:01 am

BDW = Breast Width Dimention.

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? 8bcb5dd8eb1b727abc069d5f30b8e661_zps4186bca0

The implant profile is what determines the implants BWD and the forward projection as you can see from the diagram below

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? B84585b231e0da38857a4ab5c46977af_zps1cb2732c

As you can see the XHP is the narrowest base with the most forward projection so, depending on the width of the base of your breast, this will have determined how many CCs could be used for you. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Thank you Cookie

Post by Siamese4 22nd September 2013, 6:13 am

Hi

Thanks - I will have a measure later if I can get partner to help lol - thanks again. xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty MEASURED BWD AND NOW HAVE WIDTH DILEMMA!

Post by Siamese4 22nd September 2013, 9:52 am

Hi Cookie and guys - I've just measured by BWD and it's between 13.5 and 14cm (not 100% accurate) which I am quite concerned about as the width of the implant I'm meant to be having is 11.75 - it states on the guide that if you are having an implant which is more than 1.5cm smaller than your BWD it could be too small.  This will be my second re-aug and my first implants 250cc were 10.9 in width so the 400 will be wider but I feel they don't fill my breast well enough and they are narrow so I am wondering if .85 of cm is still going to be too narrow.  I have also read on the internet that some surgeons have said that they don't go entirely by the width of the implant and cc size needs to be taken into account. Can someone advise as I'm feeling this is another dilemma which I can do without!

PS Sorry to be a pain!
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 9:56 am

The breast base matters hun! If they're too small you're gonna have implants that look like balls, if they're too bog, you suffer the risk of symmastia.

If you feel the base isn't right for you, go back and discuss this further with your surgeon hun. Xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 22nd September 2013, 10:06 am

When I self measured I was quite far out! I rang my clinic to find out in my notes what my BWD was... And like cookie says the bwd is extremely important! Xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Thanks Cookie and Jennifer

Post by Siamese4 22nd September 2013, 10:42 am

Thanks - I probably am quite far out but I know that from looking at my  boobs now that they do not seem to fill out properly and there is no breast sticking out at the side at all in fact it looks as though they need filling out at the side - as I said in previous post I don't know if the fact that I'm having a bigger implant with a 1cm wider base is going to fill the pocket better????  The surgeon did say that if I wanted a 400cc implant that he might have to make existing pocket bigger - does that mean that it is wide enough and may be to wide or is it because I'm having an overall bigger implant (had 250cc before)????

Thanks xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 22nd September 2013, 11:01 am

Well yes, the pocket was created for the implant you have so it may be that the pocket might need a little revision, but it would discuss further the difference in base dimentions between your breast and the implant hun. It may be that a HP profile with a wider base would be the better option for you?
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 22nd September 2013, 1:27 pm

You shouldnt try and measure bwd yourself a surgeon should do this as its very hard to self measure even with help! 

X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Thank you

Post by Siamese4 22nd September 2013, 8:02 pm

Thanks to all of you - I'm going phone clinic tom to get BWD - will keep you posted.  I was thinking of going to just high profile too Cookie if they tell me BWD is quite wide for UHP implant I'm thinking of having - thanks - will let you know what clinic say.

Give You
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gleaming 22nd September 2013, 8:19 pm

Good luck at your appointment hun, it is all so confusing with all the measurements! Hopefully, if you have a good surgeon, you should be able to tell him what u want and he will tell you how far he can get you there based on your measurements xx
Gleaming
Gleaming
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 758

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 22nd September 2013, 8:26 pm

Hi honey,
I have 375cc in uhp and I have a petite frame am size 6 and 5'2". I would say that based on your stats, the uhp may be too narrow. Mine are quite far apart and I don't get much cleavage without a mega push up bra, nor do I get much side boob. 
However, have a word and see why he decided the most narrow implant would be ideal for you. Xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 22nd September 2013, 9:34 pm

Hi hun

I am 5ft 8 size 10 and my BWD is 13.5cm

i had 405cc moderate profile.  i am 6 weeks post op and they look pretty natural already and i have fullness at the side of the boob :)  I was really worried about being too big some didn't even discuss a bigger size but i know wish they were just a tiny bit bigger lol

perhaps a moderate profile would give you the look you are after if you want them filled out at the side?
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 362

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Hi

Post by Siamese4 23rd September 2013, 5:34 pm

Hi

Thanks for all your replies.  I didn't manage to call clinic so will have to call tom.  I can't believe I haven't really thought about this until now - I know my surgeon uses High Profiles CUIs in nearly all of his patients which in the 410cc implant the width is 11.8 which is virtually the same width as the UHP Soft Touch in 400cc (width 11.75) so he may say that he uses High Profile in nearly all the patients he sees and it won't make a difference.  But I have noticed that with my last implants - 250cc PIPs in 2004 - that these look narrow on me and they do not come out at the side at all in that they are exactly in line with the side of my body from a frontal view (is this what is meant by side boob????) and they only project slightly forward.  I know these are a small size so I wasn't sure if having a larger implant of 400cc would result in more side boob and more projection but as you say Flowergirl you are petite and you have mentioned you haven't much side boob so I am now thinking that I would be better with maybe a high profile.  I've had a look at these in Soft Touch and they are 12.75 width (1cm wider than the UHP).  I think I need to find out my BWD and  if it is 13.5 (same as you Jodi) then I think I need to order the High Profile?????   They only do these in 385 or 415cc and I don't know if I dare go up to 415cc?

Sorry this is so jumbled and thanks again for all your advice/support. xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Jodi

Post by Siamese4 23rd September 2013, 5:38 pm

Hi Jodi

Forgot to ask did your surgeon suggest moderate profiles? - thanks xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 23rd September 2013, 6:07 pm

Hi Siamese

Yes my surgeon suggested moderate.  I had 4 consultations, 2 with BAAPS surgeons and 2 with big clinic. both BAAPs surgeons and one clinic suggested moderate profile for me, one surgeon from one of the big clinics suggested high profile

i guess find your BWD and go from there..

xx
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Hi

Post by Siamese4 23rd September 2013, 7:37 pm

Thanks - they do look a really nice shape - I've also looked at the before and afters links which Cookie's posted and the moderate do give a really lovely shape - thanks againn. xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jodioc77 23rd September 2013, 8:49 pm

no worries good luck and look forward to hearing what you decide x
jodioc77
jodioc77
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Big Enough at 400cc Extra High Profile???? Empty Heard from Clinic

Post by Siamese4 25th September 2013, 7:40 pm

Hi everyone

Don't know if you've forgotten about me wavey but I did eventually speak to the clinic yesterday I spoke to a different coordinator as mine was on holiday - I asked her to look at my notes and to tell me my BWD - she came back and informed me that it was 14 - so I then told her that I was worried from my research that the UHP that I had decided on would be too narrow and told her about my current implants being too narrow etc.  I said that the UHP had a diameter of 11.75 and that from what I've read anything that is more than 1.5cm narrower than your BWD would be too narrow.  She just said that the UHP would be fine and that my surgeon had agreed to it but I said that I would be happier with the HP which are 12.75 - she kept saying that the size of UHP implant that I was going have was alot bigger than my last implant of 250cc and would fill my pocket better but I just stuck to my guns and said that I wanted 385 and 415 HP ordered in for my BA day so I could then decide between both types.  After much discussion and her trying to put me off she said she would contact the surgeon but thought I would have to go and see him for a 3rd consultation in another town as he wasn't due in my area til after the op - I said I couldn't take time off work and didn't want to travel over 1 hr journey and that he knew all my details anyway she came back and said that he said I could have the HP if I wanted but that 1cm wider wouldn't make much difference.  Anyway after all that I'm so pleased I have finally got them to order the HP in for me.  Sorry I've gone into sooooo much detail!  I'm sure I will go for the HP but it's just whether to have 385 or 415cc now - has anyone got any thoughts of going up to a 415cc (when I eventually decided on the 400cc UHP before it took me alot of consideration as thought 400cc would be too big but didn't want to go too small so got used to the idea but now it's do I go to just 385cc or go up another 15cc to 415CC ????????????????????? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.xx
Siamese4
Siamese4
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down