Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sun beds?

+5
Nicole
Seashell72
jakki32
jenniferrf1
achorley
9 posters

Go down

Sun beds?  Empty Sun beds?

Post by achorley 14th September 2013, 8:28 pm

Just wondering when you sun bed lovers were able to have a sun bed? Also what did you cover the scar with when you finally had one? Will I have to switch to fake tan.. I look ill if I don't go on a sunbed. I only do 5 minutes but stops me looking grey haha
achorley
achorley
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Sun beds?  Empty Re: Sun beds?

Post by jenniferrf1 14th September 2013, 8:36 pm

I'm not sure when you will be allowed one because i don't use them but in the mean time while your using the fake tan make sure you don't get it near your incisions! :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by jakki32 14th September 2013, 8:46 pm

I am a year post op next month. In July I had a few sunbeds and  last month before my holiday. I put plasters over my scars( I am fully healed) or just my daughters socks laying on them. My surgeon did say at my 3 month check that it was fine to go topless this summer if I felt like it( I didn't !).i have had partials. I didn't have long as ones boobs get hot and I didn't like it, so when I had extra minutes I fully covered them x
jakki32
jakki32
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1144

Back to top Go down

Post by Seashell72 14th September 2013, 8:49 pm

I had a list given to me of some general do's and don'ts and one of them was to keep incisions out of direct sunlight for 1 year - sounds like plant feeding instructions! So I assume sun beds count as sunlight?!

I am a fake tan girl and don't use sunbeds so not experienced in this area.....

Xx
Seashell72
Seashell72
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 442

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicole 14th September 2013, 9:54 pm

I'm not sure but you will need your surgeons go ahead. I'd guess around the 6 month mark earliest, and plasters will be fine to cover the scars with. As Jen said when using fake tan just be careful not to get any on the incisions xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th September 2013, 11:01 pm

You can use sunbeds again from 6 weeks post-op, but... Its going to be about 6 months before you'll be able to tan your boobs, so you'll have to keep those covered hun. The newly stretched skin will be VERY sensitive and burn very easily which won't be very comfortable for you as I think you can imagine, so a towel folded small enough to tan everywhere else but big enough to keep your entire boob area covered would be needed.

Your scars are going to need extra careful attention and I'd put plaster over those to ensure they're fully covered babe. They're going to need covering for a full year to avoid the risk of pigmentation (going brown) xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 15th September 2013, 9:07 am

I was told not to expose my scars to sunlight before the 1yr mark.also my boobs tanned very easily cus my skin had been stretched so be careful wen u r exposed to the sun xxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 15th September 2013, 11:04 am

6 months for sunbeds x
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 1:22 pm

I use micropore tape to cover my scars when I use a sunbed. The reason is that the pigment in the scars will darken when exposed to UV rays and will not lighten again unlike healthy skin. 
I wasn't given a definite timescale to not use them but I think 6 months is adequate. Alternatively just wear a bra when using them if you can't wait that long! X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down