Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have a rupture :(

+5
COOKIE
LJR
Natty29
jenniferrf1
flowergirl
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I have a rupture :( Empty I have a rupture :(

Post by flowergirl 13th September 2013, 10:57 am

Hi ladies,
Well it's lovely to see some of the old faces here and lots of new ones! Hello!
Brief history: I had my BA in March 2011 - 375 unders with THG. 
Anyway, no problems, a bit of rippling but nothing to get excited about. 
About a month ago I noticed my left boob felt very soft and I couldn't feel the implant very well anymore. When I lay on my back it sagged a bit rather than staying upright like my right. I started getting pain in it and tingling in my left arm. 
I've just had a mammogram and they've confirmed a rupture :( Am seeing my surgeon next Saturday. 
So, my question is, do they replace both or just the ruptured one cos surely it might be a faulty batch? I've not done anything untoward such as been hit in the boobie or put any pressure on them so it's just gone on its own. Also, do they always replace with standard CUI Allergan or will they replace with some better ones? Might they be nice and give me bigger ones? ;)
Apparently the silicon is nicely encapsulated in the fibrous capsular so it's not leaked anywhere else like my lymph nodes but would it be a good idea to not go braless including at night? 
And one last question - is recovery easier the second time? 
Thanks very much! 
FG xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 477

Back to top Go down

I have a rupture :( Empty Re: I have a rupture :(

Post by jenniferrf1 13th September 2013, 11:04 am

Hi flower girl sorry to hear you have a rupture! I can't really help as I've only just had my Ba on Sunday, that's horrible news, you havnt had them very long :(
At least they havnt leaked though so that's a positive...
I would guess that they will try to only replace the ruptured one but I would ask about both if I was in your situation,,. I would also guess they would only replace with CUI again but no harm in asking...
I'm sure someone will be along soon with better advice or experience but hope it's sorted out soon xxx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Natty29 13th September 2013, 11:21 am

Aww sorry to hear that fg.they will replace both if the change brand of implant and u also have the option of goin bigger too ;)
Ive just had a capsulectomy on my left breast and it feels uncomfortable but still have use of my other arm so I dont feel helpless like wen I had my 1st ba.
Good luck hun and keep us informed xxxxx
Natty29
Natty29
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1301

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 13th September 2013, 11:27 am

Thank you lovely ladies! 
Jennifer, how are you recovering?
Nat, sorry to hear you've just had to have revision surgery but hope you're recovering well. How much do they charge for new implants if I do change the brand or go up a size? No idea how much they cost on their own! 
Xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by LJR 13th September 2013, 11:37 am

Oh no, at least you picked it up and it hasn't leaked. I hope you get two new ones! I look forward to hearing how they are going to deal with it, it would be lovely if you could give us an update. Sorry I can't answer any of your questions x
LJR
LJR
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 754

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 13th September 2013, 11:42 am

Oh hopefully natty is tight! That would be good! :) fingers crossed and will watch for an update!

I'm recovering well thank you... Starting to get arm movement back and only on painkillers to get mr through the night but I'm doing ok! First check up on Monday :) xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th September 2013, 11:42 am

flowergirl wrote:Hi ladies,
Well it's lovely to see some of the old faces here and lots of new ones! Hello!
Brief history: I had my BA in March 2011 - 375 unders with THG. 
Anyway, no problems, a bit of rippling but nothing to get excited about. 
About a month ago I noticed my left boob felt very soft and I couldn't feel the implant very well anymore. When I lay on my back it sagged a bit rather than staying upright like my right. I started getting pain in it and tingling in my left arm. 
I've just had a mammogram and they've confirmed a rupture :( Am seeing my surgeon next Saturday. 
I'm so sorry babe. Two years in after surgery this is the last thing you'd expect isn't it, but sadly it does happen and this is the very reason why aftercare is so important.

So, my question is, do they replace both or just the ruptured one cos surely it might be a faulty batch? I've not done anything untoward such as been hit in the boobie or put any pressure on them so it's just gone on its own.
Its not necessarily a bad batch as just pure bad luck hun Hug 

You will have a choice. If you want to have larger implants then you can have both breasts done with the larger implants. But if you're happy wi the size then only the ruptured side will be replaced.

Also, do they always replace with standard CUI Allergan or will they replace with some better ones? Might they be nice and give me bigger ones? ;)
As I said, you CAN have larger implants for both breasts if this is what you want.

The replacement will be like for like, so you'll have CUIs replaced again if these are what you have now. If you would like the Natrelles you'll be requested to pay in full for the cost of those implants.

Apparently the silicon is nicely encapsulated in the fibrous capsular so it's not leaked anywhere else like my lymph nodes but would it be a good idea to not go braless including at night? 
I would remain in a sportsbra now babe between now and your revision. Not only will it help with the pain but it will also keep your breasts stable and hopefully the gel contained whilst you wait.

And one last question - is recovery easier the second time? 
With the silicone being contained and no CC as he breast is soft it should be a straight forward replacement hun which will be a much better recovery than you had first time around because there will be no reason to remove the capsule. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 13th September 2013, 12:10 pm

Thank you Cookie!
Any idea on the cost of the Natrelles? Just done a quick bit of googling and I can see that they're better at not rippling and rupturing - 2 of my problems! X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th September 2013, 12:41 pm

Well, the Responsives have the same fill as CUIs so will have the same risk of rippling as CUIs, the Soft Touch are a little firmer with being 100% filled but the risk of rippling is less with these implants (both Responsive and Soft Touch are from the Natrelle range)

You'll be looking at around £400-£500 pounds approximately for the Natrelle range babe. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 13th September 2013, 9:30 pm

Thanks Cookie. After a bit of research and digging out the old paperwork I've found that I actually had allergan Natrelles after all! They were inspira ones... So after looking at the warranty I'm guessing I can change the size without paying for them... I imagine only the ruptured one and not the ok one though. Still, disappointing knowing I'm in the 1% of rupture rates with the 'better' ones! X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th September 2013, 9:51 pm

It really doesn't matter which implants we all have. They're all gonna go sooner or later, its just unfortunate for those like you and I that it happened sooner, but on the plus side... At least aftercare will cover it.

You should be able to have both breasts changed if you'd like with larger implants. Its entirely your decision hun. Either change just the ruptured one, or go bigger and have both done. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 14th September 2013, 5:42 pm

Yeah, you're right again Cookie! I know they don't have a personal lifetime guarantee, it's the product lifetime guarantee so eventually they would have ruptured at some point. Just annoying I've got to have another surgery (am recovering from a laparoscopy this week) and be out of action again for 2 weeks PO. 
I think I will have a chat with my PS next week when I see him and see how he feels about me having 470s. Beginning to obsess again about new boobies!! 
Thanks again sweetie xx
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 14th September 2013, 9:40 pm

aww no sorry to hear this hun! hope you can get what you want next op :D 

i think one of mine has ruptured too. Do you have pics of yours so i can compare? i have some if you want to see? Im so upset about it all! grrrr. but luckily ive been referred to another surgeon :) just waiting now. I got mine publicly not privately though so i hope i can change mine too!
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 8:47 am

Hey hun,
Don't have any pics at the moment sorry. However, my left feels very different to my right. I can't feel the implant in it, it feels a lot softer, it sags when I lie on my back or side. It looks normal when I stand up though! 
Why do you think yours have gone? 
I hope I can change mine too - would you go bigger?! X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie81 15th September 2013, 10:36 am

So sorry to hear you have a rupture Flowergirl. I hope your surgeon can intervene swiftly and you have a full and speedy recovery hun xx
Ellie81
Ellie81
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 2:01 pm

Thanks Ellie! Do you have your op booked? X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th September 2013, 2:30 pm

Hey Flowergirl. Sorry to hear you have a rupture. Out of interest - do you think you'll be using Mr Sulaiman again? Were you happy enough with his work first time round to go back, or will you be using another surgeon? (Theres so few girls here that have used him!)
Charlii
Charlii

Number of posts : 5339

Back to top Go down

Post by pinkprincess881 15th September 2013, 2:41 pm

Ooohhh good question Charlii!! 

Hope it all gets sorted for you soon flower girl, on the bright side if you can get bigger implants-then that's a bonus!! Hope it all goes smoothly! 
Xx
pinkprincess881
pinkprincess881
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 891

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 2:45 pm

Hi Charlii
Congrats on the boobies! Yup, I will be using him again. Can't fault his suturing - my scars are small and neat. Implant placement is good - not perfect but I am not sure if that's due to my natural boobs as they are slightly asymmetrical.
How did he do for you? X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th September 2013, 2:54 pm

Pre op he was great, a no brainer, just put me and hubby so at ease. Scars look great, boobs look great for now, but I feel there's still so much change to happen. I was just a little uneasy at my 3m when he said they were done. I kinda said how can they be, and he eventually came out with the 'oh yeh, can take a year', it just threw me for 6, as they're still very round and not really natural looking yet. Yours look fab though, So I'll keep waiting for the final result. Hope all goes well at the consultation :)
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 3:22 pm

Yeah he said exactly the same to me - guess what though?! He's completely right! It took a year for me to get my proper boobies! X
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlii 15th September 2013, 3:30 pm

Ah that's good to know. I still have a very pronounced crease at the top of my lefty in the armpit area where you can see how round and full it is still. I'll keep waiting for the fluff fairy then :)
Charlii
Charlii

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie81 15th September 2013, 4:08 pm

flowergirl wrote:Thanks Ellie! Do you have your op booked? X
Hey hun, I planned on new year boobies but now I have some more info (thanx ladies on the site!) I know I'll need more time off of work so realistically they will be Easter boobs! lol. Trying my best to be patient.

Wishing you all the best, let us know how you get on at your surgeon appointment fingers crossed xx
Ellie81
Ellie81
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 230

Back to top Go down

Post by flowergirl 15th September 2013, 5:15 pm

Charlii wrote:Ah that's good to know. I still have a very pronounced crease at the top of my lefty in the armpit area where you can see how round and full it is still. I'll keep waiting for the fluff fairy then :)
She will arrive soon! Honestly, there's no way you can tell how they look now to how they'll look in a few months x
Ellie81 wrote:
flowergirl wrote:Thanks Ellie! Do you have your op booked? X
Hey hun, I planned on new year boobies but now I have some more info (thanx ladies on the site!) I know I'll need more time off of work so realistically they will be Easter boobs! lol. Trying my best to be patient.

Wishing you all the best, let us know how you get on at your surgeon appointment fingers crossed xx
Good luck! Will let you all know as soon as I have more info x
flowergirl
flowergirl
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by TSmith 15th September 2013, 9:02 pm

mine is really similar to that!! I can only JUST feel the implant if a really dig for it but its very soft just like my natural breast tissue. And it also flops to the side. Its just a lot saggier then the right and bigger too.? 
oh freak yes!! def wanna go bigger. think i wanna go to 550cc but in Moderate Plus not my yuck lows lol
TSmith
TSmith
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1252

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next