Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6 week check up no bra

+5
misf1
Mia
kay
annefinackapan
Rachel09
9 posters

Go down

6 week check up no bra Empty 6 week check up no bra

Post by Rachel09 26th June 2009, 6:39 pm

Hi everyone! Not been here much, OH is still home for a few more days but been dropping in to read quickly daily to see how you're all doing!

I had my 6 week check up on Monday, I'm a little worried because I was told to stop wearing the sports bra at night, I didnt see my ps but the nurse. Has anyone else been told this?

I was also told not to wear underwired for a couple more weeks, but to either wear none at all or a support one (not sports one) I dont understand why I'd need a support one when I've been told I dont need to wear one at all? Why not just a normal non-underwired one, or are they the same thing? Screwy :dunno:

Arrggg I should have asked these questions when I was there!

Also Mia, when you told me about Dermatix did you mean the strips or the gel? Do they both work the same?

Hugs to you all! Hug xx
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

6 week check up no bra Empty Re: 6 week check up no bra

Post by Rachel09 26th June 2009, 6:40 pm

Sorry, just to add, I had the full uplift too so not sure if that makes a difference!
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 26th June 2009, 6:47 pm

Hiya!
Your right doesnt seem to make sense, so all I can think of is that they dont want any rubbing at all on your scars as you had a uplift and they mean a bra with no wire and as little seaming as possible (which sports bras often have).
Enjoy your time with your OH you must miss him loads when hes away.

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 26th June 2009, 6:50 pm

Thanks Anne, yes that makes sense! I wish we were all told the same thing though, life would be so much easier and far more stress free!

I do miss him heaps when he's away, I'll be very sad next Tues morning when he goes again :sad: At least I have this lovely little part of the internet with all the lovely girlys on here Hug
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th June 2009, 6:53 pm

Hey x Good to hear from you chick Hug

OOoooo, I don't know sweety :dunno: I have my check on Monday so will let you know what they tell me then x

I thought support bras and sports bras were pretty much the same :dunno: In fact I have been wearing a combination of sports and support bras over the last 5 weeks.......EEk......have I done it all wrong?!? Oh no?!? :pale:

I bought dermatix gel rach, but haven't used it yet as was gonna check on Monday it was okay to use, so can't help with that either, sorry. Mia or one of the others may have used strips.

I've not been much help really have I Rolling Eyes Good to hear from you lovely x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 26th June 2009, 7:04 pm

Hysterical they probably are the same Kay, they're all ugly bras anyway!

Will be interesting to see what you are told! Thing is, I thought I'd be thrilled to be told not to wear one on a night, but I seem to be the only one so I'm not happy at all and woke up and put it on last night cos I was worried I'd squash them otherwise!

How are you doing anyway? Hug
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 26th June 2009, 7:44 pm

Rachel09 wrote:Hysterical they probably are the same Kay, they're all ugly bras anyway!

Someone is getting in a tizz Hysterical

Great to see you back Rachel!!!

To be honest ugly or not...bras with something in them are good for me Flash

Right Dermatix Gel is what I got from e.bay I have saved the seller if that is any help to you.... large tube 60gram. I think it was £27/£30.00 . I also bought Mepiform silicone sheets you just cut them to size..I think I still have some, you are welcome to have them they are much more expensive if you are unsure. They are good to use to save bra rubbing too and both quicken the scar healing process. Just let me know.

Right bras, I was told no sports bra at night from six weeks..enables the breasts to settle freely whilst asleep, and many girls told the same. It is odd, as boobs do get in the way of every move: :allo:

I had to wear sports bra for three months in day re:anatomicals. Support bras are different ...I know it is mad..they simply support...not squash like sports...but yes ugly. I got one from M&S cotton, also, underwire can interfere with internal scar healing and, as they press on incisions/pocket.

I think I have gone mad...never knew anything about bras till the boobs arrived. This is only what I have been informed from my P.S. Rachel and it certainly has workrd for me. Hope I have not confused you more.

Take Care and make the most of O.H. for a few days Hug xx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 26th June 2009, 7:49 pm

Hey hun, glad eveything is going well. Healing up nicely. Not long and you'll be in the pretty bras.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 27th June 2009, 9:49 am

Hi,

I've also been wearing a mixture of sports and support bras - oops!

I got 2 support bras from Asda. One is a light support bra and actually looks quite pretty and has slim straps.
The other support bra I got is also quite pretty. It's a full cup bra and has embroidered flowers and is lacy so is nicer than some I've seen. I can wear vests with them too, without them showing - so try not to dispair!
Both were between 4 and 6 pounds in Asda.

Hope this helps

Marie

xxx
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by renz 27th June 2009, 9:59 am

i was told that after 6weeks i could wear underwire babes....but to make sure i have a bit of padding to comfort my boobs as the underwire might ache.

I was told to keep on the sports/support bra on as much as possible with an uplift as its a better result and better for the boobs when they've been through so much.

I wear mainly my support bras from marks and spencers unless Im going to a club or wanting to wear something sexy with a nice bra on x
renz
renz
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 647

Back to top Go down

Post by Annie66 27th June 2009, 7:16 pm

Hi Rach! Good to see you back on here :allo:. You're right, it is confusing becasue we all get told different things! I was also told I could stop wearing the sports bra at night at 6 weeks if that's any help ...

I also forgot to ask a few questions so I'm going to start a separate thread in a minute! Maybe phone your clinic and ask to speak to the nurse again.

Enjoy your time with your OH Hug

A xx
Annie66
Annie66
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1828

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 28th June 2009, 6:17 pm

Rachel09 wrote:Hysterical they probably are the same Kay, they're all ugly bras anyway!

How are you doing anyway? Hug

Hysterical They are all ugly!!

Have Pm'd you sweety x

MarieMc85 wrote:Hi,

I've also been wearing a mixture of sports and support bras - oops!

Phew, thank goodness I'm not the only one.....
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 29th June 2009, 9:30 am

hiya hunny, i'm still wearing my sports bras during the day, but for the last couple of nights i have not worn a bra and it feels bliss.
just to let them breathe lol is a great feeling.
i don't have my checkup until i'm 8 weeks po so 2 more weeks.
i haven't bought any normal bras yet as going to get measured when i go for my checkup.
i know how you feel enjoying every minute with your oh, mine works away for 6 weeks at a time. he isn't due home for another month yet and i get soo lonely :sad: is he in the army/navy hun?
mine is inn the merch. xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down