Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to get through these 3 pre op weeks

+2
jenniferrf1
Puschinka
6 posters

Go down

How to get through these 3 pre op weeks Empty How to get through these 3 pre op weeks

Post by Puschinka 27th July 2013, 9:20 pm

Anyone who read my introductory posts in the Newbie section so far... HELP!!!help 
I am soo scared of my OP  and its all I can think about. My surgeon told me that my OP will be a complex one. He has booked the theatre for 4 hours and already told me he'll be giving me a 4 week sicknote,but I may need more time off work, even though I only sit behind a computer all day.  The capsulectomy itself will be a longish job, he told me.My new implants will be Anatomical 'super-furry braziian'type by Silimed which also take longer to put in place and he will be fixing them dual plane.
I did lots of research on which implants to have and my surgeon advised me but didn't try to persuade my either way but he agreed 100% that I made the best choice for my particular circumstances.
 My breasts now are very assymetrical,due to one side having leaked/deflated and dropped more than the other but they were assymetrical straight after my NHS BA in 1994. My fried eggs prior to that were not!
So he's also going to remove a little bit of skin from under the lower breast, to achieve a more even look.
I suffer from IBS and need laxatives on a daily basis or I'm in agony with constipation.huh smiley 
Hence I avoid painkillers whenever I can, as they make it worse.  So I am really dreading that part of the OP as well, what with all the painrelief I know I'm going to need.
I am a very light smoker, no more than 6 a day) and have gone right down to 2 a day this week and by the end of this weekend- no more! I know I won't be doing myself any favours otherwise. But it's going to be quite hard not even to have 1 in the morning and one in the evening to look forward to as a crutch right now,as my nerves are getting quite bad.
 I know all about the difference between Capsolectomy coupled with BA as opposed to just a BA, regards to pain and recovery time, so I'm under no illusion and know what awaits me when I wake up after surgery.
 I am booked in for 2 nights, but my surgeon said if I need another night, then they won't charge extra. Say no more.Rolling Eyes 
Only my partner and my daughters know, I haven't and don't intend to tell anyone and have told work only that I'm having an OP and will be on sickleave for a month.
I can't wait for all this to be over and wish I didn't need to put myself through it, but the stuff has got to come out,it's long overdue and I would feel like a freek without replacements... not even an option.
So I have to be brave and hope for the best and look for advice and tips on how to cope after my surgery to all you nice ladies. 'Im sure my partner thinks it won't be much worse than having a tooth out... how can a man have even the slightest idea🤷
Puschinka
Puschinka
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

How to get through these 3 pre op weeks Empty Re: How to get through these 3 pre op weeks

Post by jenniferrf1 27th July 2013, 9:34 pm

Aww I'm still pre BA but just think your very brave and from reading your posts I can tell how nervous you are!

At hospital your be in the best place possible where they will be able to look after you the best they can and make sure your pain free hopefully, I know it must feel very scary but you can so this , your boobies will be fixed very soon and your have a long time off work to recover fully!

We did have a girl here recently go through her first BA without any painkillers, but that was her first BA of I remember rightly..I've been told its more discomfort then pain....

That's all I can say really because I havnt had the same experience my self but just wanted to send you a big hug and good luck wishes because it sounds like a tough journey... I'm sure your get through it though and the relief will be amazing xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

How to get through these 3 pre op weeks Empty Re: How to get through these 3 pre op weeks

Post by Lottie835 27th July 2013, 10:04 pm

Ah you will be ok xxx I can imagine its daunting the thought of 4 hours in theatre xxx but time does fly and you will be a few weeks post op before you know it x an it will hopefully go swimmingly for you x as you say you know you need it and its the best thing for you so go ahead with it and try and feel confident about it and that there is a date very soon you will be sorted with lovely boobs again... great you have time off work xxx just try an see positives xxx you get to relax take time for yourself get pampered catch up on box sets n shows you wanted to watch but never get round to xxx  not often that u get a month off work haha xx I'm . jealous xxx  and remember we are all here on this site... an will be there at every stage of your recovery xx   loads of lovely ladies helped me through  worries and stresses before during and after my op x an im.still moaning now an again on here an im.4 months po nearly haha xxx so ur not on ur own xxx
Lottie835
Lottie835
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post by Puschinka 28th July 2013, 5:50 am

Thanks Jenniferrf1 and Lottie835 for your lovely replies and encouraging words and advice. It really means a lot!
In three weeks' time I will be recovering from my OP and until then I will try and focus on all the positives and be positive in my thinking and stay calm.:ok: xx
Puschinka
Puschinka
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 28th July 2013, 6:10 am

Hi pushinka, I haven't seen ur other posts, but from this one just wanted to wish u the best.  You have done all the deciding now so u got 3 weeks to get as much one as poss so u feel set for your op!!!!  Try to make plans plans plans, u don't want a day/ moment to think about it too much.  Then when u need ur booby chat come on here and tell us all how u feeling.

I had my op yesterday and know its only straightforward BA but I trusted my surgeon which helped me massively.  You hopefully feel same about yours so try relax stay positive and things may not be as bad as u think. 

Xxxxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Specialkj 28th July 2013, 6:24 am

Hi pushinka, I haven't seen ur other posts, but from this one just wanted to wish u the best.  You have done all the deciding now so u got 3 weeks to get as much one as poss so u feel set for your op!!!!  Try to make plans plans plans, u don't want a day/ moment to think about it too much.  Then when u need ur booby chat come on here and tell us all how u feeling.

I had my op yesterday and know its only straightforward BA but I trusted my surgeon which helped me massively.  You hopefully feel same about yours so try relax stay positive and things may not be as bad as u think. 

Xxxxxx
Specialkj
Specialkj
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 28th July 2013, 7:28 am

That's ok :) I cant imagine how worried you must feel but like you said it will soon be over :)
Special k's advice about keeping busy should help and also eating as healthy as possible to try and ensure your recovery might be just that little bit easier Hug  xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by emilysarahdodds 28th July 2013, 7:29 am

Like the other girls have said try and get organised for your op so you feel at ease and all sorted, just make as many plans with friends/family as you can, keep yourself busy by maybe sorting house work that you wont be able to do after the op? Little things like that and you'll soon find the days flying past xx
emilysarahdodds
emilysarahdodds
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 853

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th July 2013, 8:39 am

Try not to get yourself too worked up about this Puschinka Hug 

You're surgery sounds very like the one I had to have almost 3 years ago, except instead of having a small lift on one side to regain symmetry, I had to have a full anchor lift hun. I too had to have a full capsulectomy also.

In regards to the revision itself. Your muscle and skin has already gone through all their stretching so you pain you got from this last time you aren't going to get this time hun. All the hard work, dissecting muscle and creating a pocket has already been done for you. The furry brazillian implant... They aren't a special implant babe or anything that's going to cause pain in themselves. They're simply your surgeons choice and one that's becoming increasing popular amongst surgeons, especially due to their lowered risk of CC, so as far as this part of your surgery goes.... It WILL be better than last time.

Now the capsulectomy. I won't lie babe. This was sore. But it's nothing at all you won't be able to control without pain painkillers. I would not lie to you hun. I believe being forwarned is for armed.

It took me two weeks to get over the worst of the capsulectomy, but like I said, even at worst it was nothing that couldn't be controlled.

I think given the experience you had 19 years ago babe you've got yourself in a bad headspace now.... But honestly Puschinka although you will have discomfort, you WILL be able to control it. So try and take yourself out of that bad place lovely. I've suffered at the hands of the NHS myself (not through a BA) and totally understand your fear, but I have no-one to talk me through my personal fear babe you DO have all of us Hug  xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Puschinka 28th July 2013, 3:43 pm

Thank you all ever so much. That's exactly what I  am doing, keeping busy to try and take my mind of what's ahead. Friends and family don't know (only my daughters) neither do work colleagues, its not something I want to talk about to anyone.
I'm glad its Monday tomorrow and my mind will be mostly on my job again. Thanks for your advice re the Capsulectomy Cookie. I know that this will be the worst part, I've read up on it, my surgeon was open with me about it, so I know it won't be a walk in the park.huh smiley I just have to be brave,trust in my surgeon and pain medication and take courage and positivity from women like yourself, who have been through it.
Thanks again, all of you. What a nice forum this is with so many kind and helpful kindred spirits.Smike
Puschinka
Puschinka
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down