Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Always check out first!

+4
jenniferrf1
Sezbaby2
Lisa34
leannejkl
8 posters

Go down

Always check out first! Empty Always check out first!

Post by leannejkl 27th June 2013, 6:54 am

i hope no one minds but i thought i would post a bit about my experience so maybe people can learn from it and not do my mistakes. as i CAN NOT believe how naive i have been in the world of getting a BA...

i have wanted a ba for a long time about 10 years i had little boobies and as the years went on pregnancies made them non existent. 

4 years ago i lost my little boy to cot death at 4 month old, and i had pregnancy after pregnancy since but never managed to get past 24 weeks. i had 3 funerals for 3 baby in 3 years. so i was super depressed and just felt at a loss in my whole life, Then i got my little baby !! she is now 8 months old and i have never felt so happy and i thought i am going to get the ba now where i am at a point in my life where i am not planning more children and i am just at a happy place...

2 years ago i went with my friend while she had hers done i stayed while she had it and took her home, so i had a little bit of experience about it (or so i thought) i wanted to use the same clinic for 2 reasons alone, i knew 2 people who had it done there with no problems and it is not far from where i live as i cant be to far from my baby (separation issues lol)

so i rang to book a consultation on the 10th june, i got one the 11th so i went along and spoke to the Dr who i was 100% happy with how we explained everything to me and his suggestions to what was best with me... i then spoke to the clinic and had to haggle the price as i was being quoted prices that was not on the website and i finally got the price i wanted to pay.. i told them i want to go away and think about it and will be in touch, i had a week thinking shall i do it then then 17th i paid in full and the 19th i had my pre op and the 4th july i will be having my op....

now that is not the way to do it, before i paid i never once done any research on the clinic or dr i would be using, i assumed, that for a hospital to do this stuff they have to be fine no matter what, i never looked for advice anywhere only coming to forums AFTER i paid to share my excitement with others, and now i see how stupid i was, my clinic i am using i have found out after has to be one of the worst, if i had done my research first i would most likely not have gone there, but i never knew they right way to do things... i would advise anyone considering this to make sure you check check check first. my excitement over ran my sense.

i have decided i am still going to go ahead, my findings being i know people who have had it and its been on, and from the information cookie posted i know the things to ask them if they have changed before my surgery goes ahead to be double sure. but i would hate others to have their excitement and happiness gone in a second because they did not do a simple thing like research first... i might just more stupid then anyone and of course everyone would do it but me, but i just wanted to give a little warning out there..

i also want to thank this site as i would never have known the issues my clinic has and i would have gone in blind, but i am no longer blind and know exactly what to ask and look for now so thank you...

i hope i have not done anything wrong posting this?
leannejkl
leannejkl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 86

Back to top Go down

Always check out first! Empty Re: Always check out first!

Post by Lisa34 27th June 2013, 7:03 am

You havnt done anything wrong by posting this hun. If anything you will possibly help other girls not to make the same mistakes x I really hope everything goes well for you, and you get the result you hope for, and your surgery goes ahead as planned. Do keep us updated xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by Sezbaby2 27th June 2013, 7:16 am

Like lisa said nothing wrong with it it's nice that people want to help others as we all know the challenges planning BA's
Good luck on ur journey x
Sezbaby2
Sezbaby2
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 411

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th June 2013, 7:38 am

Lovely post Leanne, I'm really happy to hear you have a little girl xx

It's a really great post with brilliant advice, I'm sure all will be ok and we're all here for support :) x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by louann17 27th June 2013, 8:02 am

All the best Leanne :) keep us posted on how your surgery goes. Its a great post thank you for sharing for other girls to see, don't beat yourself up too much hun. We all forget to think about things sometimes. :hugme:x
louann17
louann17
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 154

Back to top Go down

Post by Midgiebites 27th June 2013, 8:41 am

Leanne what a lovely post.  I am so sorry to hear of the terrible loss you have had over the last few years, no one should have to go through that.  Its wonderful to hear you have your precious little girl now.  As for the rest of your post, stop beating yourself up.  You had good reasons for choosing this clinic and in the UK I think we all expect to receive an excellent standard of care whichever hospital/clinic we decide to use, it is just a shame that some places fall short.  Like you said though, you have researched now, and are armed with the information you need to know.  I look forward to reading your story xxx
Midgiebites
Midgiebites
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 287

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th June 2013, 9:13 am

Done anything wrong?!!!!!! Oh you poor darling, you couldn't have done anything more right Hug

But before I go on about research I firstly want to say how sorry I am to read of the losses you've had. No mother should have to go through what you have Leanne and my heart goes out to you. It was so nice to read that finally after all your pain you have been blessed with the baby you always wanted. 

Now... The research part. THANK YOU for this post Leanne, we strive very hard here at Breast Buddies to put so much emphasis on the importance of research. Posting the latest news, the latest techniques and unfortunately sometimes I have to post the latest bad things about this surgery or as in your case, the clinics. 

I hope as you do Leanne that women to take note of your post and listen to you. 

They should know the legalities also if the feel they've made a mistake and know clinics do have a 'cooling off' period so if they paid within the time of this period it's a way of pulling out with all of your money. 

Trust no-one and nothing until you have researched them yourself and then feel confident. 

Again, thank you Leanne. I'm sorry you're now in the position you are, but yes, as you said, at least now you're aware of the problems and you know what's needed to PUSH to get everything that's need for you lovely. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lottie835 27th June 2013, 9:44 am

Lovely post x im sure it will help out other women in the future x 

Congratulations on your daughter xxxxx Lovely news  after a terrible few years xxx  I hope all goes swimmingly with your BA and you get the lovely boobs you deserve xxx
Lottie835
Lottie835
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 722

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down