Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick question...

5 posters

Go down

Quick question... Empty Quick question...

Post by goldilockz1984 23rd June 2013, 6:55 pm

Hello girls!

Just wondering, when after a BA are we able to start taking vitamin supplements again? I have been advised to take vit E to aid with healing but not sure when is safe to begin taking them post-op considering the pain killers etc. Also, when will it be ok to start uisng Bio Oil on the breasts post-op?

Thank you! :flowers:xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 579

Back to top Go down

Quick question... Empty Re: Quick question...

Post by Lisa34 23rd June 2013, 6:58 pm

It is usually recommended that you leave all supplements alone for two weeks after your BA, but check with your surgeon. And it's fine to use bio oil etc, but it must be kept well away from your incisions xx
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2013, 7:06 pm

You can broach any post-op queries with your surgeon on the day Goldi. 

You'll often find different surgeons giving differing post-op plans and what's right for one isn't right for all, so best ask your own surgeon re the vitimin E.

Bio-oil can be used on your boobs straight away if you'd like to use it. Definitely not anywhere near your incisions though hun. You won't be able to add bio-oil or moisturisers there for anything between 4 to 12 weeks. 

Little tip about bio-oil over your boobs though... Post-op your skin becomes quite greasy for a while and using the bio-oil over your boobs can encourage spots as many women have found.

I personally found using the unscented palmers ('cos I can't stand the smell of the original lol) cocoa butter much better. As long as you're keeping the skin supple that's all that's required to try and help prevent possible stretch marks. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 23rd June 2013, 7:08 pm

Thanks girls! I was wondering when I could use Bio Oil on my incisions to reduce scarring but obviously it won't be for quite a while. I think I'll avoid it on my chest cookie, as I don't want to encourage spots (do you know why that area is greasy post-op?) I have bought some nice vitamin A cream which I'll use sparingly :) xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 23rd June 2013, 7:18 pm

Hijacking here, but I didn't realise palmers had a no scented  lotion, I too can not tolerate the smell of the cocoa butter anymore! x

I used bio oil from week 2 on my breasts and from week 4 on the incisions (guided from ps advice) I've been lucky and not had spotty boobs, they have been mega itchy at times though! I've found anti-histamine cream helped the itch, lol. X
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 23rd June 2013, 7:21 pm

Ouch RayRay! I have bought some anti-itch cream in preparation for the itching, why does that happen? Anti-histamine cream? I've never heard of such a thing! Is it effective? Oh hi-jack away! That's how I find out the most interesting info! xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 23rd June 2013, 7:22 pm

goldilockz1984 wrote:Thanks girls! I was wondering when I could use Bio Oil on my incisions to reduce scarring but obviously it won't be for quite a while. I think I'll avoid it on my chest cookie, as I don't want to encourage spots (do you know why that area is greasy post-op?) I have bought some nice vitamin A cream which I'll use sparingly :) xx

It has something to do with the balance of your glands being effected by the surgery giving your skin a greasy appearance which causes the spots. As the glands heal and get back to normal the spots soon go :ok:

RayRayT wrote:Hijacking here, but I didn't realise palmers had a no scented  lotion, I too can not tolerate the smell of the cocoa butter anymore! x

I used bio oil from week 2 on my breasts and from week 4 on the incisions (guided from ps advice) I've been lucky and not had spotty boobs, they have been mega itchy at times though! I've found anti-histamine cream helped the itch, lol. X
Yup.... HATE the smell of the original Palmers, but it must be something a lot of people feel the same way about. They brought out the unscented one a couple of years ago I think and that one is so nice. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 23rd June 2013, 7:34 pm

I shall be getting some of that then ;) xx

Anti itch cream should be fine, more then likely similar kinda thing. I use Anthisan (mepyramine maleate) it's meant to be for bites and stings, I have used it before so I know I'm not sensitive to it. If you do need to use a cream you haven't tried before maybe worth testing on a small area first. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goldilockz1984 23rd June 2013, 7:36 pm

Thanks hun, I will invest in some of that cream xx
goldilockz1984
goldilockz1984
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 23rd June 2013, 8:30 pm

Just an incy bitty amount is enough on the itchy part, i also use some anti-histamine tabs! I can't believe how irritatingly itchy my boobs are at the moment...I must look like I've got fleas at times, lol.
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 23rd June 2013, 9:09 pm

RayRay you have some beautiful bras where you getting them from?
my boobs and sides are mega itchy also driving me insania lol so i might try the cream also
i wont be touching bio oil etc until fully closed incisions its not worth the risk of infction even if i dont put it near incisions it can kind of melt closer than you put it xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down