Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!!

+10
_Carrie_
Angelpie
BlondeBarbie
Optima
BoobiePrize
ShootingStar
mariajw
MrsMartini
nads
amanda2k10
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!! Empty BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!!

Post by amanda2k10 9th February 2009, 10:39 am

Well it started last night....
aches and pains, hot and cold shivers,sneezing ,earache,tickerly throat, if felt sooo poorly last night i had to go to bed early.
I usually walk 45min to school every morning and i had to put them on the school bus today i felt rubbish.
I feel a little better at the moment but know im coming down with something.
I cant take anything with asprin in it, soooo does anyone have any advice for me????? i really need to be fit and healthy for friday!!!!
thanks girls
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxx :pale:
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!! Empty Re: BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!!

Post by nads 9th February 2009, 10:44 am

Hi hun, sounds like we have the same thing, nasty stuff. I would say try one of those meds that stop the cold before it gets worse. Also buy some effervescent Vitamin C 1000mg to stop it getting worse too, avail from pharmacies it dissolves in water

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope you feel better hun xxxxxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!! Empty Re: BA IN 4 DAYS AND I THINK IM GETTING THE FLU!!!!!!!

Post by amanda2k10 9th February 2009, 11:56 am

been taking paracetamol every 4 hrs and are helping a little bit (dont contain asprin i checked lol), i have just had some dinner and thinking of having a nap. Im hoping i will feel better by the end of the day if i get pleanty of rest,meds and food. Hopefully just a 24hr thing, i hope so anyway,thanks nads will send hubby to chemist when he gets home from work.
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th February 2009, 12:14 pm

Thats good hun, im sure you'll be fine, the Vit C will be a good boost to stop it from getting worse x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsMartini 9th February 2009, 1:02 pm

Oh no!!! Fingers crossed it's just a 24 hour thing!

I was paranoid about getting ill before mine. I took vitamin C, ate loads of fresh fruit & veg, & drank plenty of water. I used that First Defence nasal spray too, and that antibacterial hand gel obsessively!

Hope you feel better soon hun! Big hugs!

Xx
MrsMartini
MrsMartini
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 226

Back to top Go down

Post by mariajw 9th February 2009, 1:10 pm

Hey hun.

Hopefully you're right and it's a 24/48 hour thing and you'll start to feel better soon.

Fingers crossed for you. You still have a few days to recover - get as much rest as you can, drink plenty of fluids and eat healthy things - lots of fish if you can.

Maria
xx
mariajw
mariajw
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2252

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 9th February 2009, 4:57 pm

hi and thanks girls,

i had a long nap this afternoon and hubby has bought me lots of meds, but forgot to get the vitamin c.
i feel much better just weak, i also have this full feeling like i have eaten to much when i have only had my breakfast and dinner.

thanks again girls
big hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 9th February 2009, 5:03 pm

I get that feeling if i nap too, glad you're feeling better, drink lots of fluids to flush it all out hun x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 9th February 2009, 5:16 pm

Oh Hun!

I do hope you feel better quickly and especially before your BA in a few days.

I hear alot of girls saying about getting ill just before their BA's, poor you to be suffering aswell, you must be so worried but you have to be positive and think to yourself "I will be fine"

I guess you're a bit run down being so close to the op & all the highs & lows that you're going through so try & relax as much as you can and drink loads of water to get rid of any nasties.

Keep us updated how you're feeling and i'm wishing you well Dr Lurve x Laura x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 9th February 2009, 5:49 pm

Hey Amanda, I echo the girls

lots of fluids, vitamin c and rest and fingers crossed for you xx
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by Optima 9th February 2009, 8:04 pm

Oh poor you, how stressful! Fingers crossed you'll be better by the morning
Optima
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 158

Back to top Go down

Post by BlondeBarbie 9th February 2009, 10:11 pm

I hope your feeling better soon :) i was told to contact the nurse at the clinic if i got a cold before my op xx
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelpie 9th February 2009, 10:20 pm

Oh goodness, I hope you are ok. As the other girls have said... plenty of fluids and try to maintain a good positive mental attitude.. it's amazing the power our minds have.

Take care. xx
Angelpie
Angelpie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1428

Back to top Go down

Post by _Carrie_ 9th February 2009, 10:56 pm

Oh pants!!! Hope you shake it off soon....I'm sure you'll be feeling much better by Thurs/Fri.

Just to double check - I read in some blurb from Mybreast that you're not supposed to take anti-inflammatories before your ba either (ie ibruprofen, nurofen etc) and I didn't know that - thought it was just aspirin but apparently you shouldn't take either for a fortnight before. So maybe check all the meds hubby has got you?

Hope you're better soon

C x
_Carrie_
_Carrie_
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 615

Back to top Go down

Post by moonmar 9th February 2009, 11:00 pm

Keep us posted on how you feel hun!
moonmar
moonmar
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1377

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 10th February 2009, 9:17 am

feel like dog poo again today but im not sure it is flu :x
i feel sick and full as though i have eaten to much but i havnt eaten yet!!!!!!! still got 3 days to get bette!!!!!!
at least the flu sympoms have gone yey!!!!
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th February 2009, 9:55 am

Ah hun im sure today will be the last of it and you'll be fine by friday, keep drinking loads of fluids, a sqeeze of lemon in some tea is really good too, rest up Hug xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mah81 10th February 2009, 10:06 am

I dont know how i managed to miss this post yesterday Rolling Eyes

Thats good that you dont think its flu tho isnt it? It could just be your bodies way of reacting to the stress/excitement of the whole thing, the whole mix of emotions etc.

Aw i really hope your feeling better soon Hug
mah81
mah81
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 92

Back to top Go down

Post by BoobiePrize 10th February 2009, 6:40 pm

It gets worse before it getters better hun, hope your meds start working for you soon xxxxx
BoobiePrize
BoobiePrize
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3231

Back to top Go down

Post by amanda2k10 10th February 2009, 7:05 pm

hi girls, i have had lots of rest today and feel much better than this morning and a million times better than yesterday sooo fingers crossed will feel even better tomorrow.
i have done nothing today so i think that helped, with me having 4 kids its difficult to rest sometimes.
thanks for your lovely comments im very gratefull and dont know what i would have done without you!
hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxx
amanda2k10
amanda2k10
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th February 2009, 8:47 pm

Great news hun 👍 you're gonna be fine, eeeek 3 days to go!!! Flash xxx
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swtsimplicity 10th February 2009, 9:34 pm

Hiya hun

I had the same a week before my BA and they told me that as long as you don't have a chest infection or a fever they'll still go on with the op.

I asked my CC about me taking Vitamin C before my ba and she put me on to the nurse and the nurse said no tablet form of Vit C as it thins the blood.

BUT the one thing I used and will swear by for now on is Manuka Honey. It's a bit pricey but it really does do the trick. It actually is a antibac honey and when I was feeling dodgy I took a teaspoon 3x a day (At least) and I even got my hubby to use it now and thats a rareity(sp?)

Glad your feeling a bit better anyways, bet you can't wait until Friday EEKKK! Hug

X
swtsimplicity
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th February 2009, 9:42 pm

Oooh i've never heard of Vit C being a blood thinner, i know aspirin, vit E and bromlein are and thats why i was told not to take it before op, surely vit C is found in oranges, strawberries which i ate loads before my op, i'm going to ask my ps about that x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by swtsimplicity 10th February 2009, 9:58 pm

yeah the nurse said eatting fresh friut like oranges, strawberries etc that had vitamin c was okay but not in excess, but she did stress not to take the tablets.

Maybe because you get a higher dose with the tablet???

I think your RDA for Vit C is 75mg. So if your taking 1000mg tablets then is way overkill in the first place, whereas if you eat it fresh you'll find a average orange has 70mg, strawberries are roughly 7mg each, papaya has 47 etc....so your on the safe side

At least this is why I'm assuming the nurse told me, fresh yes, tablets no

xx Heart
swtsimplicity
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 27

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 10th February 2009, 10:12 pm

Lol 'overkill' i can so hear the American now hun i love it! Yeh its true that is a big boost of vit C thanks for the info Heart
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next