Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!

+2
misf1
COOKIE
6 posters

Go down

Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!  Empty Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2013, 12:15 pm

Doctors in Sweden yesterday said PIP breast implants are dangerous and must be removed.

Tests showed some of the French-made implants contain a type of silicone that irritates tissue, according to the Swedish Medical Products Agency.

Last month, a Europe-wide consumer group warned the chemical may harm babies in the womb.

Dr Vendela Schnittger, who led the latest tests, said they raised concerns about long-term safety.

Warning: Women with faulty PIP breast implants are at risk of chemical exposure that causes damage to unborn babies, experts have warned

She added: ‘This is a very young group of people who have been subjected to this health risk.

‘We have no idea of the long-term effects the implants could have.’

The Swedish guidelines contrast with Department of Health advice that while PIP implants are more likely to split, they do not pose a long-term risk. Other countries to recommend routine removal include France, Germany and the Czech Republic.

Rajiv Grover, president of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, said more tests must be carried out ‘as a matter of urgency’ on the cheap implants, used by 50,000 UK women.

A Department of Health spokesman said: ‘The UK regulator keeps all evidence under review and will speak to the Swedish health authorities to explore the basis for their advice.

‘We expect private clinics to care for patients but, if they refuse, the NHS will look after them.’

The cost of removal in Sweden will have to be met by the women or by their private clinics.

Source HERE

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!  Empty Re: Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!

Post by misf1 5th June 2013, 1:30 pm

Strange how one country can find them dangerous and others not. I am so angry at pip for putting profit before health its disgusting and I just don't have any words to describe how awful it is. not clean words anyway. I hope they get whats coming to them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!  Empty Re: Sweden orders women to remove PIPS ASAP!

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2013, 1:57 pm

Me too hun.

I'm actually appalled that if there is even the slightest reason for concern, which there seeming is, why the department of health aren't acting on that NOW instead of actually waiting for something awful to actually happen before they finally get up off their backsides and DO SOMETHING!!! X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pr1ncessmummy 5th June 2013, 2:30 pm

It really is terrible because it means that private clinics are still telling patients that there's no rush to have them removed if they are still in-tact, and not to worry about them! Having done my own research leaving them in was not an option at all for me!!

The UK need to hurry up and realise the dangers that this silicone could be doing to women's bodies! It makes me SO angry that no-one is being held accountable for it as well! growl
-x-x-
pr1ncessmummy
pr1ncessmummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 5th June 2013, 4:15 pm

Interesting read. I wonder if its down to finance why this country hasn't done this yet and the fact that the cosmetic industry just is not regulated enough! Makes me cross as there are so many women with these implants that prehaps are not well informed to the potential ill effects.
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th June 2013, 5:59 pm

My heart goes out to you princessmummy. Its disgraceful the way you and all the women all over the world who have PIPs have been treated.

Our department of health should be doing their own research on PIPs and not waiting leaving women with the implants in whilst they wait on other countries to do the work for them!!!! Grrrrr makes me so mad.

Glad yours are coming out though hun. Although they're not gone yet, it must just be such a relief for you to know they're coming out!!! Hug
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 5th June 2013, 6:15 pm

I do know in Wales they would remove and replace PIP implants http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-16494102
it's just a pity the rest of the UK didn't follow suit.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by halo 5th June 2013, 6:17 pm

It's absolute bull thy uk aren't standing buy there own France for goodness sake went straight for protecting there own! Makes me so cross and more so because I was pregnant with my son with these things in xx
halo
halo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 748

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 5th June 2013, 6:35 pm

Just read this about the trial. here is the Pig of a man
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/17/pip-breast-implant-victims-trial

verdict to come in December http://www.france24.com/en/20130518-france-denies-fraud-faulty-breast-implant-trial
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 5th June 2013, 7:18 pm

Even though my PIP's were intact and the dreaded things are now out of my body, I still feel so so angry about it all!
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by pr1ncessmummy 5th June 2013, 9:08 pm

Thanks Cookie, it does feel good knowing that they are coming out, I just need to keep my fingers crossed for an earlier date as the end of July seems a lifetime away! :(
-x-x-
pr1ncessmummy
pr1ncessmummy
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 568

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down