Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain relief

+12
RayRayT
Princessjo30
jenniferrf1
COOKIE
kelly1990
Mrs_B_24
doracina
balamoryyellfruit
Lisa34
Victoria2345
jogo
Happy1day
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Pain relief  Empty Pain relief

Post by Happy1day 27th May 2013, 12:31 am

It is 1.23 am and I am in agony! On co-codomal every four hours and I am due the next dose at 2.30 am but honestly this hurts!! I know you are probably all fast asleep lucky you but when you read this can anybody offer any advice - do you think I can add in paracetamol in between my doses ... The pain hadn't been too bad but boy it seems to have kicked in now! Not sure if the bra is too tight because I seem in pain in general and also seems tight around the incisions. Keep thinking if being pain free and wearing nice tops to keep me going but it's difficult ... Help anybody thanks xxx - have also repeated thus question to all my may buddies ... Sorry for repeating myself here! nope help
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 234

Back to top Go down

Pain relief  Empty Re: Pain relief

Post by jogo 27th May 2013, 2:49 am

Hi xxx I don't really want to give advice on whether you can take extra medicine, not being a Dr, but wondered if iced peas etc may help? Thinking of you and believe me it's all worth it in the end :) x
jogo
jogo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 268

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria2345 27th May 2013, 7:16 am

Just seen this. I hope you managed to get some sleep and not too sore x
Victoria2345
Victoria2345
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 933

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa34 27th May 2013, 7:29 am

I hope the pain eased last night hun x if you need advice regarding medication, then give your clinic a call hun x but I agree with jogo, give ice packs a go hun x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by balamoryyellfruit 27th May 2013, 8:09 am

Okay hun my thing which worked wonders for me was half way through the day about 2 or 3pm i would take my sports bra off for just an hour and put ice packs on the tops and sides of my boobs but not near the scars. That brought more relief to me than any drug could. I use to also put thin socks under the band of the sports bra at the front to act like a sort of shock absorber for the band. X
balamoryyellfruit
balamoryyellfruit
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1623

http://[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [img]http://tickers.T

Back to top Go down

Post by doracina 27th May 2013, 8:24 am

I agree with Balamory the ice packs were the biggest relief for me! I really don't think my recovery would have been so easy if it weren't for them. Its a complete pain but for the first full 24 hours i had new ones on every hour (i know your past this stage now) but I would still give it a go. Hope you feel better soon. x
doracina
doracina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs_B_24 27th May 2013, 8:31 am

I can't offer any advice regarding pain relief but hope your feeling better now and have sorted something out. Let us know how your feeling xx
Mrs_B_24
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 531

Back to top Go down

Post by kelly1990 27th May 2013, 8:57 am

I work in a pharmacy, co-codamol already has paracetamol in it and so taking additional paracetamol could lead to an overdose. The other types of painkillers that are acceptable to take with co-codamol are anti inflammatorys such as ibuprofen, although it entirely depends on the advice from your surgeon and clinic. Some of the ladies on here weren't allowed to take ibuprofen afterwards because of the increased risk of bleeding. Also, if your asthmatic or have stomach problems such as ulcers then ibuprofen may be a bad choice. Ultimately I'd ring the clinic if i was you. Xxx
kelly1990
kelly1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 239

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2013, 9:34 am

I agree absolutely with Kelly babe, no paracetamol or Ibruprofen. If your clinic allows Ibuprofen under their instruction that's fine, they're aware of it being a blood thinner and think that's ok for 'you' but its not for everybody, so maybe call and see if you can add this to your medication

Ice packs are the best and really do help to relieve the pain from swelling. Never put them near your incisions though. if you want relief there from the band of your bra then a sanitary towel or panty liner sticky side against the bra will help act as a cushion for this. If you can manage to get yourself up and try to have a gentle walk around the house, this too is going to be very beneficial to you hun.

Just a question babe... When looking at your boobs, can you see any unusual bruising appearing or one breast is more painful and swollen more than the other? X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 27th May 2013, 11:32 am

Hope you feeling better and managed to get some sleep, The ice packs the girls suggest sounds like a good idea, hope they give you some relief xx
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 27th May 2013, 11:40 am

Thanks for all your help I ended up sleeping on the sofa in the end as it was the only place I could rest - only managed two more hours and was awake after that. I think I felt so well yesterday that it came as a bit of a shock. Cookie I have checked my boobs and the left is more painful than the right but is not any bigger and no bruising although I can start to see some faint bruising coming across the band in the middle. I un did the bra and it was the most amazing relief in the world / the bra was given by the surgeon so must be the right size but when I did it back up I was squeezing them together just to clip it up ouuucchh. I felt a bit sick but have eaten a sandwich. I guess it's very early days but thanks so much for your help xxxxx
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 27th May 2013, 12:55 pm

Glad you got some sleep Hug
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2013, 2:55 pm

Happy1day wrote:Thanks for all your help I ended up sleeping on the sofa in the end as it was the only place I could rest - only managed two more hours and was awake after that. I think I felt so well yesterday that it came as a bit of a shock. Cookie I have checked my boobs and the left is more painful than the right but is not any bigger and no bruising although I can start to see some faint bruising coming across the band in the middle. I un did the bra and it was the most amazing relief in the world / the bra was given by the surgeon so must be the right size but when I did it back up I was squeezing them together just to clip it up ouuucchh. I felt a bit sick but have eaten a sandwich. I guess it's very early days but thanks so much for your help xxxxx

Everything sounds to be OK then babe....but. I don't think the bra given to you is the right size babe and I'd suggest you get someone to pop out and get you a new one with a larger band and cup size by the sound of it to fit you.

The bra may have fitted right after surgery sweetie, but now your swelling has kicked it, its far too small! You shouldn't be so uncomfortable or squeezing your boobs in at all.

Your sports bra should be snug, enabling you to get no more than two fingers under the band and the cups should feel snug too, but not tight. Your boobs should should fit comfortable in the cup hun with no busting out and no gaping of the bra. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 27th May 2013, 5:18 pm

Ah Hun, I've only just seen this. I hope your feeling a bit better today. I had swelling around my ribs and it made me very uncomfortable indeed, it did start to settle after a couple of days and like the others said a cold compress was a relief. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 27th May 2013, 5:22 pm

I hope you feel better soon babe xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 27th May 2013, 6:28 pm

Thanks everyone the bra is way too small I am having to literally yank the front shut ... And to top off my day, on the way to my moms house, a car went into the back of our car! Luckily I had my v pillow protecting myself but the force really hurt!!! What a day ... I'm sending out my mom tomorrow for another bra any suggestions which one to get xx
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 27th May 2013, 6:33 pm

On no! Hope your ok? Just be aware of any changes hun due to the impact of the crash. Call your clinic straight away if your concerned. It's been suggested shock absorbers are good, I'm going out to get one myself tomorrow. xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th May 2013, 6:37 pm

aw lovely so sorry your so sore if you read all my post week after surgery im was in agony and was that way for around 2 weeks and even after that i was much sorer than anyone else lol

i was on tramadol and paracetamol for 2 weeks then slow release tramadol for a further week or so. i even called and asked to go back in to have the implants removed lol

hoppe ur feeling better soon and i do promise you wake up one day and the pain is much better
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 27th May 2013, 6:41 pm

Great thanks just undone a few clips off the front of my bra and the relief is immense - I was literally doubled up in pain - where are shock absorbers from? Xx hope you are well Rayray x
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 27th May 2013, 6:43 pm

Tinkerbell thanks for your post I feel like I am not coping well with the pain ... I am going to read your posts thanks for all your kind advice xx
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2013, 6:45 pm

Happy1day wrote:Thanks everyone the bra is way too small I am having to literally yank the front shut ... And to top off my day, on the way to my moms house, a car went into the back of our car! Luckily I had my v pillow protecting myself but the force really hurt!!! What a day ... I'm sending out my mom tomorrow for another bra any suggestions which one to get xx

Hope you're OK after the accident lovely. You sound like you're doing better but if you're overly concerned and feel you're suffering more pain than you should, your hospital should have given you a 24hr service number to cal, should you need them.

If your mums going to the high street babe then M&S do a fab front zipper which is super supportive and comfy. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RayRayT 27th May 2013, 6:49 pm

I'm going to debenhams but next sell them too and do next day delivery. I spent about 4-5 days with my bottom clips undone on my macom, I feel your pain :( xx
RayRayT
RayRayT
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Happy1day 27th May 2013, 6:54 pm

Thanks ill send her out first thing - just wanted to say a million thanks to everyone on this site, in the night, when I was in agony it was here I turned even though I knew nobody would have been awake! Don't feel so alone xx group hug
Happy1day
Happy1day
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 27th May 2013, 7:04 pm

Awww that's lovely that. Really happy you feel that way Happy1day. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cazziwazz11 27th May 2013, 8:37 pm

Congratulations on your new boobies :-) Hope you are feeling better now and your painkillers are helping xx
Cazziwazz11
Cazziwazz11
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next