Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Start of my journey

+4
COOKIE
loclo26
Lisa34
LittleG
8 posters

Go down

Start of my journey Empty Start of my journey

Post by LittleG 13th May 2013, 8:43 pm

Hi ladies

I am new to this but reading some of your stories is making me feel more confident in considering a BA.

I am in my early 30s with two young children. I have always been tiny with little boobs but have always managed to cope. Just! But in the back of my mind I always hated having such tiny boobs.

On top of this I lost my mum to breast cancer when I was in my teens and so the thought of having breast surgery makes me feel guilty and selfish.

I have read many of your stories over the last few days and hearing others say they feel like a woman trapped in a girls body makes me feel like I am not selfish to feel how I feel. But I don't really know where to start.

Do I go to my GP. Do I go to local private clinics. I really do not want big boobs but some boobs would be nice!

Advice on how to take the first step into making a decision whether I am brave enough to have breast surgery would be really helpful.

Thanks for any advice you are able to give!
LittleG
LittleG
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Start of my journey Empty Re: Start of my journey

Post by Lisa34 13th May 2013, 9:12 pm

Hiya Huni x welcome to the forum. I am 34, with 7 children. I had awfull boobs as you can imagine after breast feeding 7 babies. I tried to go through my GP for implants on the nhs, but 4.5 years on and 1 year of seeing a phsyciatrist I gave up hope of them ever funding it, so I borrowed the money and went private. It seems that it is a bit of a lottery as to wether you will get nhs funding, some girls are very lucky! There are a few here that have either had or are waiting to have their surgery with the nhs! I would go and see your gp, and find out what the chances are of getting funding for surgery! There's no harm in trying x do keep us updated! The girls here are lovely, and will do all the can to help x good luck on your boobie journey hun x
Lisa34
Lisa34
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3491

Back to top Go down

Post by loclo26 13th May 2013, 9:43 pm

Hi, you can book a few consulations with reputable clinics, once you've been and spoken to a surgeon and have been given the ins and and outa of surgery, you will then know if it is the right thing for you. I'm 25 with 2 daughters and have had my ba purly to help my confidece and to have 25 year old boobie again!! I wish you luck for your ba journey x x
loclo26
loclo26
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 13th May 2013, 10:07 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies LittleG wavey

Against all odds we're still seeing women being approved surgery through the NHS as you'll see from reading through some thread in the NHS section of the forum, so I'd personally say that if you believe you have a genuine case that would warrant surgery on the NHS - this would be if you had severe asymmetry, had a severe tuberous breasts or no breast tissue at all, so basically if you feel your breasts are more than just a cosmetic case, then it would definitely be worth a try and your GP should be able to help you with whether or not they feel you have a case that would be worth a referral and if they don't then the appointment would still be helpful in your GP possibly helping you by suggesting reputable surgeons in your area for you.

You may also find the information we have in the 'Breast Augmentation Information' section of the forum of interest to you. Its filled with so much to help you better understand the procedure and to help yourself feel better prepared. Any questions or concerns you might have just ask away in the 'General Breast Augmentation' section of the forum were no BA questions ever go unanswered and our lovely ladies will always be more than happy to help you if they can.

We're here for you should you have any other concerns or questions sweetness.

Just to add also that i had breast cancer a year after giving birth to my daughter, she came to me a couple of years ago and told me she was considering a BA (she's 21 now) I can tell you hand on heart, that thankfully I survived, but my only thoughts were ever for my daughters happiness as I'm sure whatever decision you make LittleG your mum too will looking down on you and wanting the very same just for you too. Hug xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 13th May 2013, 11:14 pm

Hi littleG.. I am still pre-ba but i would just like to reiterate what the other girls have said. Don't feel guilty about wanting your BA.. I know for most girls on here it has been a very positive experience and has hugely enhanced their standard of life.. which i am 100% sure thats what any mother wants for her child. Hug

I wish you all the very best on your journey and make sure you keep us updated. the girls on here are brilliant and there is always someone there to answer any questions or even just for a little reassurance xxx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th May 2013, 8:59 am

Hi LittleG, Im also preba but the girls have given you great advice.
Its worth seeing your GP to see whether he thinks the NHS route is a possible one, but its also worth booking in to see some clinics such as transform, mybreast, the hospital group, what ever ones you fancy to give you a better idea of what your looking for etc.
Good luck and keep us updated :) x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by Vix85 14th May 2013, 10:27 am

welcome babe, everyone on this forum is so helpful and there is such a mix of experience here too. I'm pre ba and this has helped me confirm this is the right choice for me, I'm sure you'll be able to find answers to most questions on here
doing some research with clinics and chatting with the surgeons will also give you more of an idea of what is right for you xx
Vix85
Vix85
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 542

Back to top Go down

Post by Princessjo30 14th May 2013, 3:47 pm

Good luck with your journey and welcome. You are not being selfish at all Hug

Xx
Princessjo30
Princessjo30
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 1022

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleG 14th May 2013, 5:34 pm

Hi ladies

Thank you so much for such welcoming and helpful replies. I don't think I am a nhs case which I can understand so will start to investigate private options. Thank you for giving me some confidence.

I know it is crazy but in my head everyone that wanted a boob job wanted to have big boobs! Just reading your stories has made me see I am very normal and that going to a surgeon and saying I won't small boobs isn't something strange - we just want to feel good about ourselves. Thanks ladies!

I am going to stick around. I know you are going to be a massive support to me!

G x
LittleG
LittleG
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleG 14th May 2013, 5:38 pm

Ps lisa34 - 7 babies - oh my goodness - I struggle with 2 little monkeys - you must be crazy and a super mummy!

G x x
LittleG
LittleG
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleG 14th May 2013, 5:41 pm

Pps - sorry you won't get rid of me now! Does anyone know much about detection of breast cancer post BA ops. Is it something that would make detection harder?

G x
LittleG
LittleG
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by jenniferrf1 14th May 2013, 5:47 pm

Aww good, make sure you do stick around!
Theres so much stuff in the newspapers and what not saying about implants and cancer detection but in some cases, implants have helped women to detect lumps easier than before. When going for a screening you should always tell them you have implants so that they can do more indepth checks but as long as you check them as much as you check them before your BA theres isn't too much difference as far as im aware.
Ill let the other girls answer you too incase im wrong! (im pre-ba still and still finding answers to all of my questions too! :) ) x
jenniferrf1
jenniferrf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5942

Back to top Go down

Post by g0902 14th May 2013, 5:52 pm

My surgeon said there is no direct link between breast implants and breast cancer. As jennifer mentioned it dan make detection a little more difficult however it is possible to go for an ultra sound which shows any abnormalities. I have also noticed a few girls have mentioned that the implant actually pushes any lumps forward which may mean it is easier for u personally to notice anything different. My gran had breast cancer too so i was quite weary of this but my surgeon reassured me that if u watch out for any signs u shouldnt have a problem! :-) xx
g0902
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 616

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 14th May 2013, 8:13 pm

LittleG wrote:Pps - sorry you won't get rid of me now! Does anyone know much about detection of breast cancer post BA ops. Is it something that would make detection harder?

G x

We had a very heroic woman here who detected cancer not long after having implants and she wrote a very inspirational piece about the subject [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you'd like to read G. X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down