Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have some dates at last girls...

+18
Len1
misf1
natalia
Rachel09
RoxyChick
angelkitten1
kay
dbs
zimbabwegirl
nads
Skyla
Mia
annefinackapan
em_stevo
gotsomeboobs
cakey_baby
sarahsbabies
ShootingStar
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I have some dates at last girls... Empty I have some dates at last girls...

Post by ShootingStar 17th June 2009, 6:17 pm

I got a letter through today saying I am needed to attend a NHS consultation with my new surgeon on the 25th June (next week!) at his NHS clinic and i got a seperate letter with just an appointment card in it and it's given me an appointment at the hospital he operates privately on the 3rd July so I am a little confused :dunno:
The NHS consultation with him is straight forward, i guess that's just to see how it is now etc & for him to book me in for further treatment, it's the other appointment i'm unsure of, the 3rd July at the private hospital,
Do you think this could be the first op booked in?
Do surgeons operate both private & NHS patients in the private hospital?
Could this appt be an error?
there is no paperwork with that appt card only with the NHS consultation letter, surely it would've said if this was for an op, i know i should've rang but i've been like a nervous wreck all day & i find it so hard to talk about on the phone, his private receptionist laughed at me before so never want to have to speak to her again if i can help it!
What's your thoughts girls??? Give You xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Number of posts : 6917

Back to top Go down

I have some dates at last girls... Empty Re: I have some dates at last girls...

Post by sarahsbabies 17th June 2009, 6:21 pm

Phone up the NHS and ask them, or give me the number and I'll do it for you :lol: .. I have no idea why they've sent you two appointments. I'm really happy for you, how do you feel, do you feel that there's finally a light at the end of the tunnel?

Why did his receptionist laugh at you?
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 17th June 2009, 6:25 pm

Aw wow SS some progress at last! im so pleased for you hunny! i think you should call them just to check or like sb said il even ring the for you! lol

Keep us updated Cheerleader

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by gotsomeboobs 17th June 2009, 6:27 pm

Hm tough one. To be honest I didnt think NHS patients were treated in private hospitals. My dad has private medical insurance so that covers all of my family should any of us get ill. I remember my surgeon telling me that he worked in the private hospital so many days a week and Mayday NHS hospital the other days to treat his patients who were on the NHS.

I would be confused too hun, I know you dont like talking about it but maybe you should ring up or even wait till next week and talk to the surgeon about it next week.

Not on that his daft receptionist laughed at you, you should have complained SS, youve been through soo much and the last thing you need is some insensitive twat find your situation amusing!!!! Made me angry!!!!

Congrats though SS, you deserve this after all you have been through, something to look forward to!!!!!

Big hugs

Dani xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
gotsomeboobs
gotsomeboobs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1331

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 17th June 2009, 6:33 pm

sarahsbabies wrote:

When i booked my original consultation she was questioning me on previous ops etc & why i wanted to see him so i told her and then she asked what i work as so i said 'Beauty Therapist' and she burst out laughing and sarcastically said, 'oh you don't need to be looking like that then do you!' i felt even more of an idiot :pale:

The number for the 3rd of July appt is for his private secretary and the number on the NHS consultation is different, perhaps i'll wait until i see him on the 25th & ask him direct, i really can't face speaking to his secretary's, just incase they ask too many questions again.

I'm glad girls yes but i am also really scared too :pale: x
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by em_stevo 17th June 2009, 6:35 pm

Oh SS im so happy that youve got some appointments through! You must be so excited. I would ring just to make sure thats theres no confusion on the day, thats the last thing you need. Lots of luck hunni, xxxxx
em_stevo
em_stevo
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1654

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 17th June 2009, 6:37 pm

ShootingStar wrote:
sarahsbabies wrote:

When i booked my original consultation she was questioning me on previous ops etc & why i wanted to see him so i told her and then she asked what i work as so i said 'Beauty Therapist' and she burst out laughing and sarcastically said, 'oh you don't need to be looking like that then do you!' i felt even more of an idiot :pale:

The number for the 3rd of July appt is for his private secretary and the number on the NHS consultation is different, perhaps i'll wait until i see him on the 25th & ask him direct, i really can't face speaking to his secretary's, just incase they ask too many questions again.

I'm glad girls yes but i am also really scared too :pale: x

:evil: :evil: Thats so out of order!! and completly unprofessional i would tell your surgeon when you see him what she said and thats its worried you about phoning! is there no one else you can speak to apart from her?

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by annefinackapan 17th June 2009, 6:39 pm

Thats not laughing at you thats being an absolute witch! Oh I wish a thousand unpleasant things on that woman! :evil:

Keep your head up high SS - see him on the 25th, then as you say you can ask about the other appointment.

Hug

xx
annefinackapan
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1260

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 17th June 2009, 6:53 pm

Well Happy days are on there way SS Dr Lurve
I am soo soo pleased for you ... soon be mrs two boobs Flash

Why dont you speak with your G.P. on Friday, ask his opinion, and perhaps he will call and clarify for you. Also express all your concerns.

As for the receptionist...well......I do not often get angry...BUT :evil: GRRRRRRRHHH! Right she is best forgotton about....... not worth it!!

Focus on getting this well desrved op. and details sorted for you. You do not need this at the moment...keep your energy for getting strong for op. You had a dreadfull experience, that is gone now, there is no way you will go through anything like that again. We are all here for you babes...take some strength from our happy, genuine thoughts. You go girl.....Happy Days :ghug: xxxxxxxxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by sarahsbabies 17th June 2009, 6:59 pm

Thats terrible, definately speak to your PS about his receptionist, she obviously needs a slap :evil:.
sarahsbabies
sarahsbabies
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1570

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 17th June 2009, 7:04 pm

Aw thanks girls :ghug: good idea Mia perhaps my GP will have an idea on Fri, didn't think of that, he would probably ring for me too if he didn't know, thanks hun.
I never mentioned what she done because I felt so silly about it but you're all right it's very wrong & immature too.
I know it's probably irrational thinking but i'm not joking when i say this...I am terrified of going under the knife again, i really don't know how i'm going to get through it, i am shaking & feel light headed just typing about it! Even my vision is going blurry!! Shocked
I reckon i'll need to take some chill out medication prior to this op or something because the fear is gripping me something terrible xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mia 17th June 2009, 7:18 pm

That's why you need to try and get strong babe!!! Discuss all this with G.P. make a double appointment or two deal with your back etc. eat, sleep and go for little walks in fresh air to destress.

I understand that (mind) you are going back to last experience......but, it is not like that here...... you will be fully asleep and unaware of the process. Speak with G.P. about this please...you need to feel confident and understand and be aware of the procedure that is ahead.....that should help you feel more accepting. It can only get better. Massive hugs to you Hug xxxxxxxx
Mia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 5926

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 17th June 2009, 7:26 pm

Yes Mia i am going back to the previous ops, including the explant, he was very rough pulling me etc (i feel nauseous saying it) so i'm wondering is this how i'll be treated asleep if not worse :pale: i've actually started to cry now so am going to quickly chip off this subject for now and run back down to chinwag so i can get a grip Screwy

Thanks for the amazing support girls i know you'll get me through Give You xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyla 17th June 2009, 7:57 pm

So Happy for you SS that you will finally find some happyness :)
Skyla
Skyla
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 983

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 17th June 2009, 7:58 pm

Congrats again hunny, his receptionist sounds like a complete ass and i would love to give her a whack for you, make sure you tell your ps what she said as im sure he would be very interested to know. Im sure you'll find out everything in due time hun dont worry about a thing, he is highly qualified and you'll soon have a fab matching pair x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 17th June 2009, 10:27 pm

Hi SS - how unfortunate to have had such an insensitive bag of a secretary to knock your confidence like that ... your first meeting on 25th (my birthday so will be thinking of you) will probably go a lot easier and smoother than you are anticipating . I am sure once you have explained your anxieties (and very valid ones) hopefully he will know where you are at and be a lot more sensitive and understanding. Good luck on moving forward and we all wait to see how it goes ..... Mia is so good with her words ........ I wonder what she does in real life ?? XX
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by dbs 18th June 2009, 8:47 am

Great news that your getting somewhere now, explain your fears to your surgeon - (who is he?) just like youve told us and they should give you some reasuurance, and put your mind at ease.

Things can only get better for you now, I would call the receptionist to get an explanation for the private/nhs issue - in just making that step you are facing your fear of her and you can be prepared to ask to speak to her manager if she end up pushing your buttons, which Im sure she wont- People say stupid things sometimes, you were vulnerable, be strong, your getting somewhere now.

I felt awful after having my first baby as the midwife on the post op ward laughed at me...coincidentaly she ended up deliverying my second baby and In getting to know her better I realised she was very blunt, but also had a caring side, it turned out to be very theraputic for me in getting over the issues I had with her.
dbs
dbs
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1142

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 18th June 2009, 9:36 am

Fantastic news on your appointment SS Cheerleader

I'm soo happy for you Hug

Ignore the receptionist woman, not worth wasting time and energy on x

SS you are bound to be nervous after what you have been through x I was nervous of the op and I hadn't been through a fraction of what you have Hug it helped me focusing on the end result and looking past the op almost ignoring it if you like. Try not to think about the explant gorgeous, push it out of your mind Hug

I Know it will take a lot of courage but I think you should call and clarify, just to stop your mind racing. Are you able to just leave a message with the pa for the ps to call you? If she asks what it is about you could just explain that you want to talk to him direct about a couple of things and leave it at that.

Have you got someone to take with you on your new journey other than your OH, a girly pal maybe, someone who understands what you have been through SS? Or would you rather not?

Thinking of you Hug
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by angelkitten1 18th June 2009, 12:24 pm

brilliant news hun. i am so happy for you. sorry i can't help with the appt cards but at least you are getting somewhere.
with a bit of luck it will be an appt for your op, you will be so glad to get it sorted, i know how you must feel.
i can't believe how insensitive his secretary was, that is a terrible attitude to have, especially in the job she is in.
i hope it all goes well for you hun, i will be thinking of you.
shonagh xxx
angelkitten1
angelkitten1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1935

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 18th June 2009, 1:28 pm

YEY!!! SS that's amazing news, I'm SOOOOOOO happy for you!!!

And don't worry about feeling anxious about the op, you've been through hell and back with your infection and haematoma as well as the explant... darlin, you're one tough cookie even if you don't realise it. I guarantee 90% of the girls on here (me included) wouldn't have been able to be as strong as you have been .

All the best lovely, keep us updated, and I'm sure you'll be fine... I know you will be!

xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 18th June 2009, 8:42 pm

zimbabwegirl wrote:Hi SS - how unfortunate to have had such an insensitive bag of a secretary to knock your confidence like that ... your first meeting on 25th (my birthday so will be thinking of you) will probably go a lot easier and smoother than you are anticipating . I am sure once you have explained your anxieties (and very valid ones) hopefully he will know where you are at and be a lot more sensitive and understanding. Good luck on moving forward and we all wait to see how it goes ..... Mia is so good with her words ........ I wonder what she does in real life ?? XX

I will be wishing you a happy birthday then, send me some luck ;)
Mia is good with her words i agree, such a lovely boobie sister for us all :ghug:

Thanks for your support Give You xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 18th June 2009, 8:44 pm

dbs wrote:
Things can only get better for you now, I would call the receptionist to get an explanation for the private/nhs issue - in just making that step you are facing your fear of her and you can be prepared to ask to speak to her manager if she end up pushing your buttons, which Im sure she wont- People say stupid things sometimes, you were vulnerable, be strong, your getting somewhere now.

hmm good point dbs, if my GP doesn't come up with answers in the morn i may just ring, thanks for your message hun Give You xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel09 18th June 2009, 8:47 pm

SS that's FANTASTIC news!!

I didnt think that NHS patients were operated in a private hospital either... until about 3 weeks ago and my friends hubby had an NHS operation in one. My OH then told me that his mum did last year too , so fingers crossed that the second date is the op date!

Soooo pleased for you anyway that at least things have started to move
Rachel09
Rachel09
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 564

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 18th June 2009, 8:54 pm

kay wrote:
SS you are bound to be nervous after what you have been through x I was nervous of the op and I hadn't been through a fraction of what you have Hug it helped me focusing on the end result and looking past the op almost ignoring it if you like. Try not to think about the explant gorgeous, push it out of your mind Hug

I know hun, i need to forget the bad experience don't i and concentrate on what my surgeon actually does & look forward to being fixed up, he does alot of reconstruction work, not just breast reconstruction but within a burns unit also and is a very good plastic surgeon as well as cosmetic surgeon, i'm sure he's not going to make me any worse or miss a vital internal bleed..i'm being irrational i know Rolling Eyes

Have you got someone to take with you on your new journey other than your OH, a girly pal maybe, someone who understands what you have been through SS? Or would you rather not?

My OH is not even coming with me to my appointment on the 25th because he's sitting some test, i may tell my best friend when she's back from Egypt, been thinking about it since yesterday, thanks for the support hun Give You xx

Thinking of you Hug
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by ShootingStar 18th June 2009, 8:56 pm

Rachel09 wrote:SS that's FANTASTIC news!!

I didnt think that NHS patients were operated in a private hospital either... until about 3 weeks ago and my friends hubby had an NHS operation in one. My OH then told me that his mum did last year too , so fingers crossed that the second date is the op date!

Soooo pleased for you anyway that at least things have started to move

oh right, well perhaps i do need to go to both appointments then, well all being well i will know what's going on a bit more tomorrow, thanks hunni Give You xx
ShootingStar
ShootingStar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next