Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments?

+7
nads
misf1
hotcaz
Loxxie
BlondeBarbie
natalia
shandy58
11 posters

Go down

Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments? Empty Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments?

Post by shandy58 13th June 2009, 5:54 pm

Read a post about using oil on the scars so went out today and bought some bio oil and palmers scar serum ( reviews say it brill but smells of fish havn't opened it yet)
Some say to use the oil/serums straight away as this will increase the benefit of the oils etc to work faster...and the scars heal better
others say it best to leave until 6 weeks post op...
I am 3 weeks post op and bought the new savlon healing gel as well to try and promote healing, and the above lotions...keen to sort the scars out and conditioner them...
When do you think it best or safe to start..using them...
any suggestions?
shandy58
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 50

Back to top Go down

Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments? Empty Re: Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments?

Post by natalia 13th June 2009, 5:58 pm

i was told not to use any thing on my scars for 6 weeks although i massaged them with vitamin e but kept away from scars didnt your surgeon recomnded?
x
natalia
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 9176

Back to top Go down

Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments? Empty Re: Ok when do I use the bio oil and other treatments?

Post by BlondeBarbie 13th June 2009, 5:59 pm

I didnt use any lotions or potions and my scars healed perfect and are now barely visable so they're not necessary. Ask your ps maybe?
BlondeBarbie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1849

Back to top Go down

Post by Loxxie 13th June 2009, 6:29 pm

I was also told 6weeks but i think you really need to ask your PS hunnie. Dr Lurve
Loxxie
Loxxie
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2102

Back to top Go down

Post by hotcaz 13th June 2009, 7:12 pm

i was told to wait till 6 weeks post op xx
hotcaz
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1848

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 13th June 2009, 7:23 pm

I accidentally got some palmers on my scar and it stung like **** I'm gonna leave it until 6 weeks when I've had my check up.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by nads 14th June 2009, 7:28 pm

I was told 6 weeks too x
nads
nads
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 13463

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by cakey_baby 14th June 2009, 10:20 pm

i still havnt used anything, i want to get some proper silicone gel to use but i think 3 weeks will be a bit to early hun its probably best to ask your surgeon.

x x
cakey_baby
cakey_baby
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3773

Back to top Go down

Post by Paula 17th June 2009, 1:15 pm

I was told 4 weeks xx
I had the surgical tapes and plastics on for the first 2 weeks the only microfiber tapes covering scars for 2 weeks (could shower with those on) and then took them off myself at the 4 week mark and using bio oil and palmers. Give You
Paula
Paula
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 17th June 2009, 10:33 pm

Averge concensus is 6 weeks - i have only started to rub bio oil on in the last 2 weeks but going to get some slicone gel from my GP next week and the chemist said it is remarkable in taking the colour out and helping to heal. I had ordered some HEAL - google - under healgel ... but they have run out of product so dont know if my order went thru or not...interesting reading though.
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by RoxyChick 18th June 2009, 1:54 pm

I was told six weeks too. Like the girls said, have a word with your PS and see what he says. Putting creme on too early may cause infections etc, so if he says six weeks it's best to wait.
xx
RoxyChick
RoxyChick
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 6704

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zimbabwegirl 18th June 2009, 6:40 pm

Hi - I received the HEAL gel/cream thru the post today - tiny tub for £30 including the postage but think actually the main ingredient may well be silicone gel (the writing is so tiny i can hardly read it ) as when i went to ladies and put some on scars it feels like a slight clear film - still whatever works hey although basically I do think it is passage of time as lots of people have not used anything and by the end of one year most people have very very faint silver scars - bliss.
zimbabwegirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 256

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down