Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One week to go!!!!

3 posters

Go down

One week to go!!!! Empty One week to go!!!!

Post by rubylily 5th February 2013, 8:57 pm

So I have told my family, booked 10 days off work and ordered lots of ice packs!

Am getting very nervous but excited.

Mostly scared of the pain, being able to take my dog for a walk, being mobile and also not looking too obvious when I go back to work.

Also need to be back at work and not in pain/looking funny after 10 days.

Booked in with Mr Sojitra at Spire Harpenden on 13th Feb.

Any more prep/thoughts/tips let me know!

It's for a BA (going for a small size as want a natural look), overs and not sure what type of lift as I can't remember but I think it's the donut? So scarring just around the nipple and one line down the centre of each breast.

Can't believe it is finally coming round... xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 165

Back to top Go down

One week to go!!!! Empty Re: One week to go!!!!

Post by COOKIE 5th February 2013, 10:07 pm

Ooooo soooo excited for ya! yahoo

Don't forget to post your surgery details in the Calendar Entries section of the forum (not the actual calendar) if you haven't already Ruby so we can all send on our good luck wishes on the day!

Hmmmm things you might need to do...

Definitely get yourself a V-pillow, it'll be your best friend throughout recovery and you can pick one up in Argos pretty cheap.

Getting yourself all prepared at home helps, making sure you have lounge wear at a level you can reach for the ten days so you don't have to stretch at all. You won't be able to put anything on over head so zipped hoodys, button from cardis, button front PJs or onesies if you like lounging in nightwear, vest tops are OK if they're wide enough for you to step into and pull up.

Maybe start cooking and freezing food now so you only have to pop it in the microwave or just heat it through rather have to cook from scratch. Get anything down to hand level that you think you're going to need. Post any letters and get everything done that might need doing just before you go in so you aren't concerned about anything and can literally relax!

Sort yourself some entertainment out such as DVDs, books, anything that will keep you occupied hun. That 10 days can feel like a very long time with nothing to do.

If you're wondering what you might need to take to hospital, you can take a look through this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 5th February 2013, 10:14 pm

great thanks for the tips.

How long before I can put normal clothes on?! As go back to work after 10 days so need to be able to wear smart clothes.

Also how obvious do you think it will look as not telling my work I am having this done so am hoping they won't notice!!! x
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 5th February 2013, 10:17 pm

I've just reserved a V pillow from Argos.. is that to sleep on?! x
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 5th February 2013, 10:24 pm

If you're able to wear what you like to work (smart dress of course) you should be fine. I found pashmina draped over my front helped hide mine. There are lots of pretty scarves and pashmina in the shops now and these were my best friend.

If you wear cotton shirts for work you may find those a problem... Any clothing you have with a bit of give in them will be fine, but if there's no give at all its very possible it'll no longer fit.

You should be fine to get dressed yourself hun. It may be a little uncomfortable but you'll do OK.

You might want to consider also making an appointment at the hairdressers the day before returning to work to have your hair washed too, if you're back on a Monday and the salons closed then you'll probably need someone to help you Ruby because you won't be able to shower or get your dressings wet for 2 weeks. Getting a can of dry shampoo in is a must too babe. Until you can shower yourself its going to be difficult. You can have shallow baths and sponge bath the upper body, but obviously to wash hair you'll need help.
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 5th February 2013, 10:38 pm

GREAT THOUGHT on the pashmina!!! Brilliant tip until the swelling goes down...

So much to think about! Do you sleep on the v pillow?

x
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 6th February 2013, 12:28 am

You use the V-pillow to nestle into after your BA as a form of support during the time you need to be 'propped up' on your back after surgery to help reduce the swelling, but many of us go on to use them to help with the transition of side sleeping and then we just can't seem to let them go! Lol. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 6th February 2013, 11:34 pm

v pillow is defo a must. front opening pjs. slippers and a dressing gown.to walk to theatre. ready meals. dry shampoo. your support bras. ice packs. thinhs to keep u entertained like mags books dvds. sounds like u r having a lollipop lift around nipple and down.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by rubylily 9th February 2013, 8:57 pm

Had my pre-admission appointment today at Spire Harpenden - went well they had to run me through all the risks but that's usual.
Bought the ice packs, onesie, v pillow, books ,dvds ..

Nervous but excited about the final result - just hope not too much pain and they improve quickly and all goes smoothly!

xx
rubylily
rubylily
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 10th February 2013, 1:32 am

Glad all went well today Ruby :ok: x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down