Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revision surgery anchor lift help

5 posters

Go down

Revision surgery anchor lift help  Empty Revision surgery anchor lift help

Post by towie 4th February 2013, 8:21 pm

Hi ladies

I had my BA and a doughnut lift in December 2012 the doughnut light didn,t work very well and boobies have sagged especially the skin on my right boobie ..I am having revision surgery a anchor lift on the 2nd March was wondering if anyone can advise me on my questions below .

Will I have drains
Will I have swelling and have to sleep proped up
Will I have to wear a sports bra again
Will the recovery be as it was with my BA and doughnut lift ?

Any advise would be most appreciated xxx
towie
towie
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 232

Back to top Go down

Revision surgery anchor lift help  Empty Re: Revision surgery anchor lift help

Post by misf1 4th February 2013, 8:29 pm

It will be the surgeons preference as to whether you have drains hun, is it the same surgeon? did they use them before?
You may have some swelling hun, due to the trauma to the breast.
Your surgeon should be able to advise as to whether you need to be in a sports bra again. My feeling is you probably will as the scars would be rubbed less.
I really don't know about recovery hun as I haven't had a lift. But hopefully it wont take as long this time.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by towie 4th February 2013, 8:34 pm

Hi misf1

Thanks for the reply ...yes I am having the same surgeon and I did have drains last time I was really hoping I wouldn't need them this time as I found the removal of them the most painful part of the BA sick I have brought new sports bras just incase I do need them am not looking forward to going through it all again but want them to look right so no choice really .

Xxxx
towie
towie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 4th February 2013, 9:02 pm

towie wrote:Will I have drains

Quite possibly. Drains for re-ops are quite common due to surgeons having to deal with a capsule from the first BA, but not all surgeons do, its just a lot more common in re-ops than it is for primary BAs, but this is something your surgeon will tell you lovely.

Will I have swelling and have to sleep proped up

Yup. Same as last time lovely. You'll have swelling from the surgery and being propped up helps the body naturally drain this itself.

Will I have to wear a sports bra again

Yes. You'll need as little pressure on your new scars as possible so giving them good support will achieve that. You'll wear your sportsbra for a 6 to 12 weeks period depending on your healing.

Will the recovery be as it was with my BA and doughnut lift ?

You'll have exactly the same post-op instructions as you had with your first BA. But as your implants aren't being replaced at all your recovery should be much better this time. Hun. Xx

COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by towie 4th February 2013, 9:25 pm

Hi cookie

Thank you for the advise you have answered all my questions am starting to get a bit nervous now and those questions have been going around in my head for the past week I'm not seeing my surgeon again until the op but have got my pre op next week .

On another note I have just received my triumph extreme sports bras that were in the sale on very and have had one on this evening I can say that this is the most comfortable sports bra I have had its far more comfortable than the shock absorbers and most of the others I have tried.

Thank you once again for your advise cookie your amazing helping all us ladies on here .

Hug xxxxx
towie
towie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 8th February 2013, 8:57 am

Can't offer any other answers other than what the girls have already said xx

Just wanted to say Good Luck for the 2nd hun xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 11th February 2013, 10:21 pm

I am having practicall the same thing done as you. I had a lollipop lift and a BA and its being changed to an anchor in March. My surgeon has told me to wear a support bra for 3 months again and to stay away from the gym for 6 weeks but that the recovery will be much easier and much quicker than last time as she isnt touching my implants.
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 12th February 2013, 9:00 am

I would take that with a pinch of salt hun xx You may be fine, but I would prepare for a longer recovery as well xx

I went from a lollipop to anchor 3rd op and it was worse than op 1 & 2 combined!!

I remember thinking after a week and 1/2 how awful I still felt xx

Just to forewarn you :ok:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by 5stonedown 12th February 2013, 2:09 pm

Oh god I hope not! I had 6 weeks off work last time and I couldnt have gone back any sooner as I was so uncomfortable (I'm a midwife so its manual!) and this time I only have 2 weeks off as I have to take it as annual leave!!!
5stonedown
5stonedown
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1899

Back to top Go down

Post by towie 12th February 2013, 8:26 pm

Hi lady's

I hope it's not going to be too bad as I only have a week off work to recover !
towie
towie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 13th February 2013, 8:21 am

A mastopexy is more invasive xx with a lot higher risk for infection etc xx you will be ok after 2 weeks, but no heavy lifting etc as your scars are going to be under a lot of tension due to your implants 5SD x your incisions heal from the outside in so over stretching, lifting and over reaching could cause you issues x I certainly had to take it easy for the full 6 weeks after all my ops and the last one was by far the worse xx Don't want to scare you but don't want you to get a shock either xx

Towie, what do you do? x
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by towie 13th February 2013, 12:23 pm

Hi Kay

I have a desk job but am on my feet a lot and have to negotiate heavy doors throughout the working day .... Last time I told everyone I had a bad shoulder so couldn't open the doors that worked for the first week !

Xxx
towie
towie
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 13th February 2013, 2:35 pm

Hmmm, you may have to have the mysterious bad shoulder again hun xx Pulling open heavy doors after 1 week is exactly the thing you DON'T want to be doing following an anchor mastopexy due to the stitching / incisions xx

Even though either of you are not having implants because you already have them, the new incisions that you have are going to be under an enormous amount of tension due to the weight of your implants and the reduction of skin xx Your implants are going to be forced upwards again to a certain degree xx A mastopexy is a very technical operation that involves the re draping of the external skin and shaping of the breast with that skin and then involves A LOT of fine stitching to hold everything in place xx

I don't want to worry either of you, but in my experience a mastopexy on it's own can sometimes be as debilitating as a BA and masto performed together xx Certainly after my second and third ones I had 2 weeks off with each and had to be as careful for the following 6 weeks xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down