Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lots of questions about reduction ...,

5 posters

Go down

Lots of questions about reduction ..., Empty Lots of questions about reduction ...,

Post by GingerJJ 28th January 2013, 10:01 pm

Hi, I am new so please be gentle!!

I have 32JJ's and have finally decided this will be the year I get them reduced. I went on a waiting list when I was 15, but nothing happened. My back is pretty sore all the time, my shoulders have huge dips from where the straps dig in, bruises from wires and most of all am just simply fed up.

But I am overweight so will I be able to have surgery under GA being a couple of stones overweight?
Is it possible to really get this done on the NHS or do I need to go private?
Where can I find simple statistics on how many go wrong or right?

What do I need to know???

Thank you! :-)
GingerJJ
GingerJJ
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 1

Back to top Go down

Lots of questions about reduction ..., Empty Re: Lots of questions about reduction ...,

Post by COOKIE 28th January 2013, 11:19 pm

Welcome to Breast Buddies Ginger wavey we're never anything but gentle lovely :ok:

Being just a 32 back, I can't imagine that you would have so much weight to lose? That's pretty small hun, but with a small back, a JJ is a very large bust size and I can quite understand how they must have such a large impact on your life.

It is very possible to have a reduction done on the NHS Ginger but it is only ever done in exceptional cases and it is becoming increasing difficult to have cosmetic procedures done on the NHS but its not completely unknown, so I'd personally advise you go and visit your GP first hun and see if they think its worth referring you. Its always worth a go isn't it Ginger? You're losing nothing trying hun and GOOD LUCK! X
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Lots of questions about reduction ..., Empty Re: Lots of questions about reduction ...,

Post by Nicole 1st February 2013, 8:37 pm

Hey ginger :) As cookie said, it is possible to have a BR on the NHS. My SIL had one (due to asymmetry) but it look her a good two years from start to finish and she had to really really push it. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the nhs system but if it's giving you really bad back, or cause psychological distress you are more likely to be eligible.

As for the weight issue, this is just an educated guess so don't take my word for it... BUT! I was watching embarrassing bodies a couple of weeks ago and a lady had a BR on there and she was overweight. I think if you go down the NHS route they will be more likely to say "you need to lose x amount of weight before we operate" but privately, I don't think it'll be a problem

good luck on your journey xx
Nicole
Nicole
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2455

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 8th February 2013, 8:45 am

HI and welcome wavey

You can get a reduction on the NHS however it is mainly based on your BMI x As Cookie says though 32 back is tiny so perhaps you should work out your BMI and then go see your GP yes
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by ElizabethSok 15th February 2013, 1:56 pm

Hiya,

Havent been around for a bit, so only just saw this! I am a 32 back, and trust me still had plenty of weight to lose! I was a 32 KK, and am now a 32 F and couldnt be happier with my new boobs. I lost about 50 pounds first, but still didint get it on the NHS, I now weigh about 150pounds, so I still have about 15pounds to go, all in good (healthy) time!

If you have any questions about the surgery just let me know, xxx
ElizabethSok
ElizabethSok
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down