Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please?

+3
COOKIE
mais04
flojojo
7 posters

Go down

List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please? Empty List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please?

Post by flojojo 26th January 2013, 2:03 pm

Just want advice of things i may need for overnight stay in hospital, anything u ladies had that were a blessing after ur ba lol.xx
flojojo
flojojo
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please? Empty Re: List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please?

Post by mais04 26th January 2013, 2:39 pm

There's a list in the 'breast augmentation information' forum on the home page, then click on the surgery day one. I would say onesies were a god send and just general comfy clothes and things to amuse you while your staying in hospital xx
mais04
mais04
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1816

Back to top Go down

List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please? Empty Re: List for hospital bag! Any suggestions please?

Post by COOKIE 26th January 2013, 2:55 pm

Take a look [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Flojojo x
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 26th January 2013, 3:56 pm

my top thing that im glad i took was vaseline for my lips they were so so dry xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 8811

Back to top Go down

Post by flojojo 26th January 2013, 5:31 pm

Thanks girls! Tinkerbell i notice u had ur op in rosshall, that's where im having mine on the 9th Feb. How did u find ur stay there?xx
flojojo
flojojo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by zoe1850 26th January 2013, 6:18 pm

yeah I agree with Tinkerbell! vaseline was great for the dry lips after surgery, also veeery comfy clothes and I took a pillow for the journey back home! it feelt nice to have it against the chest when the car was bumping a bit and relieved the pressure from the seat belt. Oh and dont forget your sports bra! x
zoe1850
zoe1850
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 117

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 26th January 2013, 8:26 pm

hi yeah had mine done in Rosshall I must admit i found the staff great, ive had a few stays in an nhs hospital and one thing i noticed was a huge diff between nhs and private was the pain relief, whenever ive asked for more in nhs they always say oh your not due any for such and such a time and we can only give you such and such but in Rosshall they always managed to get me something for my pain relief, i was quite sore through the night

if i pressed my buzzer it was like they were waiting at my door as they were there within seconds, even if they could help me straight away they would be back in mins

i am so so scared, after a bad section experiance, of needles ect they gave me the numbing gel on my hand lol

the anesthetist I had was just amazing!! he knew i was worried and was starting to go into a wee bit of shock and he gave me a small amount of GA just enough to get me whoozy and he had a wee chat with me and i was heehawing and laughing felt so so drunk next thing i knew i was wakening up. down in the prep room i was so so hungry and the wee porter even removed the box of chocs sitting from the room so i wasnt teased!!

I always have such a bad reaction to a GA and end up sick as a dog so they gave me lots of anti sickness still woke up really unwell but they were on top of it so quick and then my left boob was swelling by the second they though i had a bleed so they took my bloody supper off me lol incase i needed to go back to theatre, the sister thought all was well but called another surgeon in the hospital to come and check, all was fine

they helped me get my bra and pjs on for my husband coming in with my youngest

eh my room was lovely and looked out onto the gardens with a big lovely lake, had sky tv and the bed was so comfortable. the food in there is amazing, top tip, mark ANYTHING you want on the menu card theres no limit lol

I could go on but my experience was so good

what surgeon do you have.

there was one woman just kept shouting out her door, nurse nurse, ive paid for this stay please come and fix my pillows etc!!! this went on for a while and one nurse eventually said, nicely, your not the only one paying for their stay here and people are trying to recover and sleep, please use your buzzer x
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by katielou2111 26th January 2013, 10:06 pm

I packed all sorts and all ive used is dressing gown and slippers. Not need pjs as im still in theatre gown so nurses can keep looking.a bobble pmsl comes handy my hair all over. Erm so v pillow going home clothes range of post op bras. Munchies i needed chocolate when allowed ha . X im still bit cross eyed from GA and all meds lol xx
katielou2111
katielou2111
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 403

Back to top Go down

Post by flojojo 27th January 2013, 5:52 pm

Cheers for ideas! Im having Mr kuna tinkerbell, feels like a total whirlwind but excited! Feel very reassured by what u say about the hospital, i dont take too kindly to a general either and like u i get so sick! I had a section too and i must say usually needles dont bother me but at the time of my section they made me boke lol. Zoe, our stats r identical lol and u look amazing in ur avi, did u have unders? Cheers Katielou, il def b needing heaps of pillows as il have a looooong car journey home!xx
flojojo
flojojo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th January 2013, 5:58 pm

my spinal wore of mid section felt everything lost 5 pints of blood and ended up in hdu whilst ellie went to neonatal

rosshall is fab xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flojojo 27th January 2013, 6:17 pm

That sounds terrifying tinkerbell! No wonder uve a fear. Do u have a surgery story i could read? Thanks again for rosshall info, i hate hospitals lol so reassuring words go a long way!xx
flojojo
flojojo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by tinkerbell24 27th January 2013, 6:36 pm

i do its in the surgery story bit sorry i dont know how to add a link but if you go into it i think that is called my 365cc unders story

anything that might pop up ask me and i will try and answer all your questions

one think i remember is that the room was so so hot and i never used the house coat that i took with me xx
tinkerbell24
tinkerbell24
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 28th January 2013, 9:46 am

Hey hun,

I found throat sweets were great as your throat is sore after the GA from the oxygen pipe being down it! Also I took a hair bobble but make sure it hadn't got metal on it, no idea why but I was told no metal on it. Baby wipes are a god send and electric tooth brush as the momentum of brushing is difficult afterwards. Zip up or button up tops for when you leave and easy to put on trousers ie leggings or jeans. My friend has given me a seat belt clip that pregnant ladies use. It still protects you if you crash but stops the belt pushing against your new boobs, can't be expensive as only a small metal thing but worth having as a passenger & when you start driving again.
Hope this helps x x x
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by flojojo 28th January 2013, 3:39 pm

Thanks totty! Genius idea about the toothbrush! Wouldn't think of that at all lol. Eek i forgot about the pipe down throat so yep lozenges on my list now! How many sports bras did u girls take, and how did u vary the sizes or was it on surgeons advice on wot sizes to take??xx
flojojo
flojojo
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Totty1982 28th January 2013, 4:01 pm

Flojojo,

I was advised to take a 36D and 36DD in with me but this may have been because I wanted to be a large c small d so this was relative to my size implants. I bought a selection of bras and kept the tags on them so if I didnt use them I could take them back. Make sure you check the hanger size is the same as the bra size though as ive been caught out twice and had to take them back, pain in the **naughty word**!

Maybe chat with your patient care co-ordinator or surgeon see what they advise. x x
Totty1982
Totty1982
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 332

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down