Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Far or close?

+2
Cat1985
ELS
6 posters

Go down

Far or close? Empty Far or close?

Post by ELS 2nd November 2012, 7:26 pm

Ladies, when you were choosing your surgeon and clinic did you look at distance from your home? To me it looks like the closer clinic the better, but does it really matter? Did someone travel more than 2 hrs and how did it feel after op?
ELS
ELS
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9

Back to top Go down

Far or close? Empty Re: Far or close?

Post by Cat1985 2nd November 2012, 7:54 pm

I think you should really look into the surgeon not the distance you have to travel. I had my 1st BA in Manchester which is over 3 hours away and was fine travelling home the next day.
This time round I am looking into what the clinics are like, aftercare etc and finding a surgeon I am happy with. If I need to travel I will. Xx
Cat1985
Cat1985
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 397

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd November 2012, 8:14 pm

I personally think finding a good surgeon close to home is your best bet...

You have to think beyond your actual surgery day hun. What if you had an emergency after going home and the clinic/hospital is miles away?

I had a bleed after my surgery, not bad to need further surgery, but enough blood to soak my dressings and have me have to go up and down to the clinic for wound checks and dressings changes for a week. It's a good job the clinic was only an hour away, had it been further I think it would have made things very difficult.

No matter how good a surgeon is there are NEVER any guarantees with this surgery. Complications happen sometimes and it's something I personally think you should consider when thinking about distance. I wanted to be seen by my surgeon. I paid good money for private care. If you're miles away from your clinic/hospital you then could possibly put yourself at the mercy of the NHS. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 2nd November 2012, 8:15 pm

I personally think finding a good surgeon close to home is your best bet...

You have to think beyond your actual surgery day hun. What if you had an emergency after going home and the clinic/hospital is miles away?

I had a bleed after my surgery, not bad to need further surgery, but enough blood for concern and to soak my dressings and have me have to go up and down to the clinic for wound checks and dressings changes for a week. It's a good job the clinic was only an hour away, had it been further I think it would have made things very difficult.

No matter how good a surgeon is there are NEVER any guarantees with this surgery. Complications happen sometimes and it's something I personally think you should consider when thinking about distance. I wanted to be seen by my surgeon. I paid good money for private care. If you're miles away from your clinic/hospital you then could possibly put yourself at the mercy of the NHS. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucytugwell27 2nd November 2012, 8:20 pm

My clinic is only 20 mins away but my surgery is 2 hours away.... I think this works well because all my after care will be local ;)

Hope this helps!!
Lucytugwell27
Lucytugwell27
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 527

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd November 2012, 10:06 pm

I looked close to home for the clinic. I had a clinic 10 mins from where I work to go for check ups in my lunch break, which was handy but they were only there a day or two a week. The main one was half an hour away which was good for emergencies. I did have my op quite far away, but I didn't mind travelling for that.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by queenyk 2nd November 2012, 10:13 pm

I think both surgeon and distance of clinic are equally important. Im like Lucy, my clinic is 15min away but my surgery was nearly 2 hours away. Like Cookie said if you have complications you want to be able to get there as soon as you can and may have to go more than once. i didn't really mind where my actual surgery was but my aftercare appointments and nurses are only 15min away x
queenyk
queenyk
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 395

Back to top Go down

Post by ELS 3rd November 2012, 9:18 am

Thank you Ladies! I'll start from looking at what is nearby first. XX
ELS
ELS
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 9