Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po

4 posters

Go down

Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po Empty Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po

Post by Nettie2908 22nd October 2012, 9:25 pm

Hi all

I am 3 weeks po and from a few days on I have noticed that my right implant had dropped below the scar. My right boob now looks an inch or 2 lower than my left and my surgeon has agreed that the implant has dropped but said he will see me at 6 months po to decide if anything needs to be done.

Is this generally how long you have to wait? I really want them to be right as soon as possible. I can't wear tight tops because you can see the difference and I feel a bit paranoid about it.

Is it quite an easy thing to put right? Is it generally successful?

Thanks for any feedback.
Nettie2908
Nettie2908
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 3

Back to top Go down

Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po Empty Re: Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po

Post by COOKIE 22nd October 2012, 9:36 pm

Hello and welcome to Breast Buddies Nettie wavey

Yes, unless a medical emergency is involved a 6 month period before deciding or pressing on with revision surgery is very common hun.

I know when you have a complication it's hard to live with whilst waiting on your re-op but your surgeon really does have your best interests at heart.

There are many of us here who have undergone re-ops hun, including our lovely mod, mrsball who also bottomed out, so any questions or concerns you might have Nettie, just ask away hun. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po Empty Re: Double bubble / bottoming out 3 weeks po

Post by mrsball 23rd October 2012, 6:29 am

Hi nettle, sorry to hear you have bottomed out. I also bottomed out at around2/3 weeks and knew straight away. My surgeon and clinc were fantastic and I saw him at 4 weeks and he confirmed it.
However for me he said that 'there was no need to hang about I can have it done as soon as I wanted/was able'
I had my re op 9 weeks after my surgery and took the opportunity to go bigger also.

All surgeons have their own time frame and procedures and it may be a case of waiting. However if he has actually confirmed that it HAS bottomed out then he has more or less said that there is a problem so a re op is what he should be looking at.
If I were you I would make an appointment at maybe 3/4 months also to start raising your concerns as if it has bottomed out it will be quite apparent by then as they would have more or less settled.

Have you got a 6 week check also to see if you can start wearing underwires, check everything's ok? Start raising your concers there as well.
Please don't worry though, I know easier said than done, but the problem will be fixed in your after care. Once you Get the go ahead for wires hunny it may be uncomftBle on the bottomed out breast but it will make a diffrence under clothes they won't look uneven in a wire under clothes xx

Any other questions you have please ask and I'll do my best to answer them for you. X
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 5982

Back to top Go down

Post by Nettie2908 23rd October 2012, 8:41 pm

Thank you both.

He didn't use the term 'bottoming out' but when i told him that i thought i had the double bubble that he had talked about amongst the risks in my consultation he examined me and said "yes it has definitely dropped hasn't it". This was 2 weeks after my BA.

He said that unless I felt I needed to see him at 6 weeks he was happy to cancel that appointment and see me at 6 months because I was healing well and nothing was likely to have changed between 2 and 6 weeks. He told me that after 6 weeks I can wear any bra and carry on with everything I was doing before the op. He advised me to also start to massage them and moisturise the scars from 6 weeks. He did say I can see him anytime before 6 months if I need to.

I'm not too worried at the moment. I just keep telling myself that it's temporary and will be fixed soon! And now you've reassured me that it will look ok in a wire I feel much better about waiting.

I've read a few articles saying that even when it is corrected it is very likely to happen again. Do you think this is true? I really hope it's not. I love finally having boobs and really don't want to end up having them taken out!

Mrsball: if you don't mind me asking, did both of yours bottom out? Did you have to pay to go bigger?

Thanks so much for your help.

Nettie x
Nettie2908
Nettie2908
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 23rd October 2012, 8:56 pm

An ok, so he's just said they've dropped?
Mine actually referred to the term bottomed out. It was only on my left breast hunny.
I had pocket revision where internally the sew the pocket up at the bottom a bit there fore closing it up a bit , I hope it stays ! So far so good and it's been 3 weeks I do get the odd twinge where I'm afraid it will happen again, but I try not to think that and so far my scars in the crease and it's level with my lovely righty...
As long as they will take full responsibility for a re op for it if it has bottomed out then you've got noting to worry about.
Bottoming out breast have a very distinctive look.

Wearing wires will help under clothes the only thing is be prepared to maybe have the nipple of the bottomed out boob pop out or show a little in the bra. !
Wires Help the appreamce of a bottomed out breast by pushing it back up into position however like I said it can be a bit uncomftBle.

I had to pay to have larger implants yes. My revision was free as it was in my aftercare but bigger implants were not. But it's ok as I wanted bigger than what I had. !

Hope tha helps sweetie x
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 24th October 2012, 4:25 am

The breasts 'dropping' is the right way for it go during healing hun and it sounds like your surgeon was actually pleased with your progress sweetheart. Xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsm 24th October 2012, 12:58 pm

From what you've said, there's no need to worry at this stage.
Our boobs drop at different rates and can look very lopsided during this period, but most even out in the end.

IF it was the case that you'd bottomed out on one side, they usually need to wait 6 months for this complication to be fixed, because the surgeon uses the scar capsule that forms around the implant to re-enforce the breast crease, to fix the problem and prevent it happening again. I think mrsBall probably didn't have to wait because she'd already had implants before. I looked in to all this cos I was a bit worried myself at one stage, but mine evened out again by themselves.

It's good your surgeon is aware, and he does sound happy with your healing so take comfort in that, and it's very likely your boobs will sort themselves out anyway. x
mrsm
mrsm
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1180

Back to top Go down

Post by Nettie2908 27th October 2012, 10:24 pm

That makes sense. I guess they would have to wait for the scar tissue to form.

It has definitely bottomed out. The crease of my right breast is about an inch or so lower than my left with the scar up on the boob rather than in the crease the way it is on my left. When the surgeon said it had dropped he seemed concerned and as if he was agreeing with me rather than it being normal and he said he would see me at 6 months to decide if anything needed to be done about it. I really hope he can fix it.

I'm glad yours evened out mrsm. Hey look fab in your pic! I wouldn't change my mind about having them done if I'd known this would happen. I love having boobs! It's amazing!

Mrsball, I tried a wired bra on yesterday... OMG! I can totally wait 6 months! x
Nettie2908
Nettie2908
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 28th October 2012, 2:47 am

Nettie2908 wrote:That makes sense. I guess they would have to wait for the scar tissue to form.

It has definitely bottomed out. The crease of my right breast is about an inch or so lower than my left with the scar up on the boob rather than in the crease the way it is on my left.

This isn't necessarily an indicator of bottoming out hun. It's actually very normal early recovery. As your right breast drops to catch up with your right the scar can move down and settle into the crease too xx

Last edited by cookie on 28th October 2012, 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mrsball 28th October 2012, 7:38 am

Thefts lots of other distinguishing looks of a bottomed out breast too hunny.
The nipple position. Instead of sitting pretty central a bottomed out breast the nipple sits on top of the breast mound, almost in a pointing up position so the implant is all underneath the nipple.
The scar is on the bereft with the implant falling well below the scar , hence a bottomed out implant.

There's no upper pole where there is no or hard,y any implant above the nipple.

When you raise your arms above your head the problem is accentuated and you can clearly see the diffrence in the implant position in each breast .
it can look a funny shape also.
Xx
mrsball
mrsball
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down