Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When can steri trips come off?

5 posters

Go down

When can steri trips come off? Empty When can steri trips come off?

Post by butterfly7713 26th August 2012, 6:45 pm

Hi girls,

I don't have an appointment with my surgeon until the 10th September and wondered when the steri strips can come off. I don't have a dressing over them as I am allergic to most so they just placed gauze over the steri strips which I replace when I am changing my bra. I know I can't get them wet but for how long. I can't for the life of me remember what I did last time :doh:

All my stitching is inside but it's alot as I had a full anchor lift last time and have had the same scar opened up this time for more skin to be taken away so it goes from right under my armpit to my cleavage on both breasts. I am black and purple at the moment!
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 631

Back to top Go down

When can steri trips come off? Empty Re: When can steri trips come off?

Post by cazalino 26th August 2012, 7:28 pm

this is what i was told...
i had a 10 day checkup last wednesday where they changed the steri strips. i was given 3 pairs of strips to take away with me and told at 14 days po when i could shower i was to shower, get out and remove the old strip, ensure i am completely dry before applying another strip. do this until all strips are used whether that is showering every day or every other day. She said when you change the steri strips, scabs may come off so i wouldnt do it too early, like i say i was 10 days po but most poeple have this appointment at 7 days x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 26th August 2012, 7:34 pm

thanks hun. I Wonder why i don't have a check in between? think i will ring them tomorrow. All mybreast said was to see my nurse at my gp for a wound check if i wanted to save travelling but didn't day at what point!
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Princesslisa2012 26th August 2012, 8:05 pm

I had all my tape taken off Friday and was giving a whole roll of steri tape i was told to change it every 3 days and that i could shower with them on and i must keep doing this till my appointment in October?? xxx
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by cazalino 26th August 2012, 8:30 pm

Princesslisa2012 wrote:I had all my tape taken off Friday and was giving a whole roll of steri tape i was told to change it every 3 days and that i could shower with them on and i must keep doing this till my appointment in October?? xxx
wow that's a long time, its amazing how we're all told such different things x
cazalino
cazalino
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 954

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th August 2012, 8:34 pm

Everyone is different hun xx

I would check with your Clinic xx

I had the same as you 8 to10 inch long incisions under both breasts xx I had to keep the same steristrips on for 2 weeks and was only allowed to patch them up with tape / more steristrips over the top, PS was VERY insistent about this xx when I had a wound check at 2 weeks the nurse removed them cleaned me up and then reapplied more steristrips for at least another week (it may have been 2 more weeks can't remember exactly but defo 1 more week) xx

I also didn't shower for 3 to 4 weeks xx

Best to be on the safe side though and ask your PS xx Especially after what you been through hun xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by Princesslisa2012 26th August 2012, 8:39 pm

i think were all different, it does seem like such a long time but got to be worth it, I agree with Kay call up and find out better to be safe than sorry XXX
Princesslisa2012
Princesslisa2012
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 150

Back to top Go down

Post by mariaelaina 26th August 2012, 8:39 pm

I was given tape to change myself every 3 days for the first 6 weeks. After that I was told just to wear it if I felt I needed it: ie, first time with underwires, swimming etc.

But if you're unsure it's probably best to give MyBreast a ring When can steri trips come off? 48411
mariaelaina
mariaelaina
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 537

http://www.twitter.com/maria__elaina

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 26th August 2012, 9:23 pm

You need to check sweetness as your surgery has been A LOT more invasive than just a straight BA or even a first mastopexy xx

Your incisions will be under a lot more tension this time round due to the bottoming out from the last procedure and the tightening of the skin xx you need to be really careful xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 26th August 2012, 9:26 pm

Thanks girls, Kay I Think that sounds like what i did last time but i will ring and check on Tuesday. Omg the thought of no shower for that long! xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 26th August 2012, 9:28 pm

That's funny you should mention more tension this time as Im really feeling pressure on them today. Had a bit of bleeding from left today just from walking about a bit more!
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th August 2012, 8:37 am

It is a pain not showering for that long but it is worth it, the last thing you want is for the incisions to not seal or any other issues xx

There is A LOT more tension hun xx my PS really stressed this to me, because they remove a lot more skin to compensate, hence the massive incisions and due to the weight of the implant so there is a lot of tension on the stitching xx

Make sure you have really good support in your bra and wear it 24/7 and take it very very easy hun xx the healing happens from the inside out xx

You do need to be more careful than first time in the early stages hun :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 27th August 2012, 8:47 am

Thanks Kay, I will be cautious. It's so nice to speak to someone who has undergone this procedure, I really appreciate your advice.

I am wearing my Macom 24/7 and feel weary about taking it off for having a wash etc as I keep thinking they are just going to fall to the bottom lol. I cannot believe how much more pressure I can feel this time!

I was due back to work next week after only 1 week off due to my original op date being moved a week later but I have had to call in sick for next week as there is no way I can drive, move my arms properly. Just walking about is painful. I am a chef so going back on week 3 is worrying me, don't what I am going to do nope Thanks again Kay xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th August 2012, 9:47 am

Hug You're welcome hun xx

I even kept my bra on for washing the first couple weeks xx just used a wet wipe for in between them xx

I felt much more delicate after I had this procedure done compared to the previous two ops xx I remember thinking I wasn't going to be able to go back to work half way through the second week off nope and panicking a bit as it really seemed to take it out of me xx

HOWEVER, by the end of the 2 weeks and taking it really easy I WAS ready xx no one knew I'd had it done and I took it as easy as I could back at work xx one day I even resorted to wearing two bras xx I was fine hun xx I think you are wise to take the second week off :thumbs:

I'm sure you will be okay xx I was having to go into London every week as well as work for check ups as they didn't want to take any risks with me in the early days and I couldn't get back up to liverpool to see my PS for a while xx I had a check up weekly with the nurse for 6 weeks pretty much xx so I did a lot of driving about xx

You'll be fine xx just have to be aware of it xx by the end of the two weeks things start to bind together and the tension eases a bit xx you'll be right as rain before you know it xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfly7713 27th August 2012, 12:42 pm

Thanks hun, I will really take it easy this week so hopefully ok for next week.

I do feel a bit abandoned this week. The last conversation I had with MyBreast was when hubby spoke to my pc whilst I was still in hospital and she said to him that my ps might want to see me a bit sooner because of what has happened but I havn't heard anything from them so I assume there not worried. Seems a bit strange not to see anybody for 3 weeks after this! I will call tomorrow to double check everything xx
butterfly7713
butterfly7713
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down