Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dissolvable stitches

+4
happybunny9
kay
Twinkle3
SunshineLady
8 posters

Go down

Dissolvable stitches Empty Dissolvable stitches

Post by SunshineLady 27th June 2012, 8:13 am

Morning ladies! Sorry I haven't been along in a clue of days, things getting back to their normal hectic self since the 4 week post op mark! seeing stars

So I saw a post about dissolvable stitches the other day, and lo and behold yesterday evening, I've got a sore spot just below one of my incisions and it feels like there's something poking out like a tiny shard of glass!

Well it's obviously a stitch I thought as I've read about it on here, but until recently I didn't even know they used dissolvable stitches inside as well as outside. :doh:

I was hoping someone could explain a bit about them... What are they stitching together? If they're dissolvable, why are they working their way out intact 4 weeks after my op? What should I do about them?

Hope someone can answer a bit about them for me. Thanks ladies :flowers:
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 596

Back to top Go down

Dissolvable stitches Empty Re: Dissolvable stitches

Post by Twinkle3 27th June 2012, 9:52 am

I didn't actually know that about the stitches so I want to know see what people say, sorry I can't help but it seems your post is going to help me :heehee: xx
Twinkle3
Twinkle3
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th June 2012, 10:02 am

Hey Sunny xx

They are normally broken down by the body but when the process is slow your body starts rejecting the stitching material as a foreign body and pushes it out of the body xx

Your body should deal with it naturally xx do not pick, squeeze, pull, push at it xx it will just work it's way out and may leave a little hole behind that might weep a bit which you will need to keep clean and dry so as to avoid infection xx if it becomes more of an issue you can always make an appointment to see your nurse and she will trim it for you with sterilized equipment xx

The stitches are on the inside holding the incision edges together so that they can heal they are there so minimize scarring hun xx

Hope all the above helps xx :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 6668

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th June 2012, 10:04 am

DON'T KEEP RUBBING AT IT OR TOUCHING IT nope that's how germs and infections spread and you don't want that :thumbs:
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by happybunny9 27th June 2012, 10:15 am

They use dissovable stitches underneath the tissue, it is quite common for the stitches to surface from the incision with a red inflamed spot (called spitting stitches), i believe its from your body rejecting them and spitting them out. I should of thought most of your stitches should have dissolved by now, but i wouldnt panic! When are you planning on seeing your PS next? He will more than likely remove the stitch then, if you arent seeing him for a while i would suggest contacting your clinic and advising them.

I hope that helps a little xxx
happybunny9
happybunny9
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by LittleMissBiker 27th June 2012, 10:35 am

It may have been my post you saw... I had a couple of small bits of the stitches work their way out at four weeks PO. I spoke to my PS yesterday at my six week PO and he said it was perfectly normal and not to worry about it. I'm now totall healed (incision wise) so happy with it all.
LittleMissBiker
LittleMissBiker
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Post by kay 27th June 2012, 10:50 am

I've had bits of stitches work there way out 6 months post op hun xx nothing to worry about xx just look after the area that's all xx
kay
kay
Global Mod
Global Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 27th June 2012, 11:11 am

Ahh thanks ladies, yes this def helps :thumbs:

It's right under the band of my sports bra which is sooooooo annoying but I promise I won't pick, squeeze, rub etc! (ties hands behind back!!)

Lil miss biker, it was indeed your post. Glad you're all healed and better! Give You

So the incisions are stitched from the inside AND the outside! That's quite clever! Xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Love2run 27th June 2012, 11:15 am

My Bad! I pulled mine out and I am 6 weeks post op. I didnt have to pull or anything they just slid out but htey were only about 4mm an 2 mm but enough to P me right off!

But you be a good girl and leave them alone! Dont be naughty like me.
Love2run
Love2run
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 346

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 27th June 2012, 11:23 am

Love2run wrote: But you be a good girl and leave them alone! Dont be naughty like me.

Hysterical Believe me I'm tempted...
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 27th June 2012, 12:53 pm

Are you still wearing tape? I am, and I would recommend you do. It'll keep the area clean, protect it, and prevent you from picking at it. Mr. Withey recommended I carry on wearing them for four months, so I've still got a month to go. I've swithced to micropore instead of steri strips a while ago though since they're so much cheaper, but he was ok with that xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 27th June 2012, 5:49 pm

I just saw my nurse again today and she said that I will probably get stitches poking out and to leave them, or if I end up left with a tiny hole then I can ring them and go in to get them taken out or cleaned up :) nothing to worry about xx
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by SunshineLady 28th June 2012, 9:51 pm

roxanne wrote:Are you still wearing tape? I am, and I would recommend you do. It'll keep the area clean, protect it, and prevent you from picking at it. Mr. Withey recommended I carry on wearing them for four months, so I've still got a month to go. I've switched to micropore instead of steri strips a while ago though since they're so much cheaper, but he was ok with that xxx

He said I could stop wearing them at 2 weeks post op! I havent had anything over the incisions since then... The stitch has worked its way out now i think. It's not irritating me anymore :) xx
SunshineLady
SunshineLady
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 28th June 2012, 10:00 pm

Looks like he's given us different advice because of my periareolar scars and mini tt. Glad they're not bothering you anymore. I had one poke out of my tummy. He cut it off when I went for my check up xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down