Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Working?..

3 posters

Go down

Working?.. Empty Working?..

Post by jadeBA 13th April 2012, 9:53 am

I know this may seem really random But here it goes..

first question:- OK i have booked a week off work after the op that actually gives me 8 whole days of rest as it falls on a bank holiday? will that be enough i work in admin and im sat in an office all day at a desk so theres not much pressure.

second question: How sooN is it that i will be able to drive. OH AND ALSO walk the dogs (i have 2 little pugs) :)

Thrid question: ok so i was talking about acrylic nails in a previous topic, Im actually a freelance nail technician too and my nails need doing desperatly BUT me and my fiancee have just brought another house, (rental) what we are in the process of decorating and itsnt a good idea to have nails on decorating so im currently bare nailed. and i was thinking maybe i shuold just leave them off untill after surgery and actually re do them whilst im at home doing nothing but im just unsure if im going to be able to flie propperly (I DO MY OWN) do you think this will be a problem? its bad enough having boy hands for 2 weeks but cant deal with not having nails on for 4 weeks so should i just do them befor and leave my toes bare or will it be ok to do them whilst recovering.? yes i am tight and cant justify paying someone else to do my nails when i charge people my self also id be to critical lol

thanks ladies?xxx
jadeBA
jadeBA
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 383

Back to top Go down

Working?.. Empty Re: Working?..

Post by COOKIE 13th April 2012, 10:30 am

alexisbell-murphy wrote:I know this may seem really random But here it goes..

first question:- OK i have booked a week off work after the op that actually gives me 8 whole days of rest as it falls on a bank holiday? will that be enough i work in admin and im sat in an office all day at a desk so theres not much pressure.

You 'should' be fine, but that's not to say you will be. The majority of women are over the worse after a week but some just take that little bit longer and need more time. I'd book your week off, all should be well but if you do have any complications you could always ring in sick couldn't you.

second question: How sooN is it that i will be able to drive. OH AND ALSO walk the dogs (i have 2 little pugs) :)

It's actually illegal to drive unless you can conduct an emergency stop safely. Your insurance would also be invalid. Some women find they're OK to drive after 1 week, others 2 weeks.... Just don't rush yourself, be sensible and drive safe.

As for the pooches, it depends if they pull on their leads? If they're fine and walk to heel no problem with no pulling you can go out for a walk and take them with you from day two/three and onwards whenever you feel up to get out and about really, but id the do pull I'd give it a good 2 weeks plus before you walked them babe.

Thrid question: ok so i was talking about acrylic nails in a previous topic, Im actually a freelance nail technician too and my nails need doing desperatly BUT me and my fiancee have just brought another house, (rental) what we are in the process of decorating and itsnt a good idea to have nails on decorating so im currently bare nailed. and i was thinking maybe i shuold just leave them off untill after surgery and actually re do them whilst im at home doing nothing but im just unsure if im going to be able to flie propperly (I DO MY OWN) do you think this will be a problem? its bad enough having boy hands for 2 weeks but cant deal with not having nails on for 4 weeks so should i just do them befor and leave my toes bare or will it be ok to do them whilst recovering.? yes i am tight and cant justify paying someone else to do my nails when i charge people my self also id be to critical lol

Your arms are going to feel so weak for the first couple of days, I couldn't even remove a lid from the coffee canister that's how weak my arms were!

It's quite rigorous work isn't it for a nail technician and all that arm movement might not be a good idea. You could try I suppose on maybe day 8 just before you go back to work, but if it's too sore, you'll just have to leave them be.

If it were me and I was so precious about my hands I'd personally book myself into somewhere and get pampered babe, I'd get my hair done ('cos that's really difficult to do) and my nails and have a lovely pamper day ready for getting back to work. xxx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jay1983 13th April 2012, 10:34 am

Agree with everything cookie says. Also I would maybe try and take longer off owrk if you can. Its the tiredness thats always been the problem with me post op. I want to nap in the afternoons...I have been waking up at 5.30 but am back in bed by 10am for an hours nap. You just have to listen to your body cos everyone is different.

xxx
jay1983
jay1983
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 788

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeBA 14th April 2012, 10:25 pm

thanks ladies well i went shopping at the supermarket and i saw that frozen garden peas are on offer for £1 at tesco haha. i baged myself a few for the swelling :P
but i think im just going to do my nails tomorrow and infills just before the op so i dont have to worry..
im not going to be able to travel as my partner works away for months at a time and unfortunatly hes not going to be here before or after the op untill 4 weeks later :( so i have no means of transport it i cant drive xxx
ill be fine anyway he will be looking forward to comng home haha

jadeBA
jadeBA
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 15th April 2012, 9:06 am

You may be best to just check with your clinic to see if you're OK to wear acrylic/gel nails babe. Some wont accept this and would even go as far as to send you home as they need to see the colour of the nail bed whilst keeping an eye on you sweetness. xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 28796

https://boobjobsupportforum.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by jadeBA 15th April 2012, 8:22 pm

iv already called up the clinic and checked thank you babe,
They said you can have your fingers or toes on. just one or the other needs to be bare xxx
jadeBA
jadeBA
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by COOKIE 16th April 2012, 12:06 am

Working?.. 184153 xx
COOKIE
COOKIE
Admin
Admin