Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Incision sites

+5
Liv1
letfreedomsing
misf1
angellauren
luluthefirst
9 posters

Go down

Incision sites Empty Incision sites

Post by luluthefirst 20th March 2012, 5:00 pm

Hi Girls,

Justy a quick one...

I'm having my incision periareolar (around the nipple), I'm just wondering why a lot of girls on here haven;t gone with that??

I'm in no way saying you should have or shouldn't or anything, it just seems so right for me that I was wondering why anyone would choose not to have the incision there?!!

Incision sites 267328

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 378

Back to top Go down

Incision sites Empty Re: Incision sites

Post by angellauren 20th March 2012, 6:11 pm

I want babies and hopefully will be able to breastfeed which as far as I'm aware is pretty much out of the question with having the nipple incision, so I had it in the crease which was the best option for me, plus I think the scarring is least visible here, you can get like "smiley face" scarring on your nips or if you lift your arms up in a strapless top or something in the summer and you've had under the arm incision your going to be able to see it too x
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 20th March 2012, 9:32 pm

Thanks for replying :)

My friend had periareolar and she has no scar at all - it's amazing. And because her boobs are so natural looking, and she doesn't have a scar, noone would know! Not even in an itty bitty bikini! (or topless!)

My surgeon said that periareolar doesn't affect breast feeding more than crease. It used to in the 90's but i think they go in a slightly different place around the nip now to avoid a big nerve. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on girl on here had that incision and breast fed ok.

I will double check with my surgeon though.

Another girl I know had it in the crease then, after breast feeding ,because her boobs grew and changed with that, the scar has ended up across her boob, which isn't a massive problem until she needs new implants - then she'll have to have a new incision made! Nightmare.

I don't really get why someone would opt for armpit incision, it seems like the least subtle place to have a scar!

Through the belly button sounds like a good idea but i don't think they do that anymore... must be something wrong with it!! xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by angellauren 20th March 2012, 9:48 pm

Through the belly button sounds horrendous! Lol!

I think I also heard that having the crease incision allows the doc to have the most control over the positioning of the implant but like you said, women have had great results via nipple incision too!

Each case is so individual, one thing works for one and not for another!

Good luck! x
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 20th March 2012, 10:00 pm

you can also have them though the arm pit. I prefered the crease incision, was just too worried about my nipple falling off or getting infected. It's a rediculous worry as that wouldn't happen, i just couldn't.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by letfreedomsing 20th March 2012, 11:02 pm

belly button?! how on earth?!
letfreedomsing
letfreedomsing
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Incision sites Empty Armpit Incision

Post by Liv1 21st March 2012, 10:58 am

Apparently this is really common in the U.S, with the belly button incision. They use Saline implants and fill them up when they're in place. I haven't found any surgeons as yet that use Saline or even attempt the armpit incision. If anyone knows of any out there that do this? The scar is hidden in the crease of your armpit, a lot of celebs have this app.. ?!
Liv1
Liv1
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 21st March 2012, 11:32 am

I wrote something last night, and it didn't post, internet connection wtf?

Transaxillary (underarm) incision is common in Canada where saline was the norm during the silicone ban. My best friend had her implants back in the nineties, and had this incison. It's tiny, you could barely see it, even shortly after the op, since the implant shell is placed empty, and filled in the body. You can get this incision with silicone, but it will be a longer one since silicone implants are prefilled.

TUBA, bellybutton incision is also an option with saline, but it's the least common, and the trickiest as far as implant placement is concerned.

The crease insicion is the one that allows the best control of implant placement.

It's important to consider though that if you need a revision after your ba, the best way to perform the revison may be through an incision under the crease depending on the nature of your complication. In this case one may end up with original scar incision (eg. underarm) plus the crease.

I'm getting a lollipop lift, but ps is inserting implant through crease anyhow. So it'll look like a small anchor lift instead if that makes any sense? This was the incision that I wanted regardless, so it's fine with me.

Liv1, I'm sure you can find someone in the UK who does transax or tuba. Are there any reasons you prefer saline? I know the biggest advantage is that if they rupture you'll know and it's absorbed through the body, unlike silicone. However, they do tend to ripple more than silicone. You can get away with this by overfilling them, but the downside to this is that they will feel quite firm, and have a rounder appearance, though this is what some women want, depends on your desired outcome. Plus if one does rupture, unlike silicone, you will have to replace it asap unless you're ok walking around with a deflated boob for a while. Don't get me wrong I know plenty of girls back home who are happy with their salines, but it's best to be aware of the pros and cons. You now have the choice in Canada, which I think is a good thing, and silicone is making a huge comeback xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Liv1 21st March 2012, 12:31 pm

Hi Roxanne,

Thanks for all the info. I was really looking at where the scar would be. I scar really easily and am scared it will look awful.. I think I will also ask about the Periareolar incision. It seems most surgeon's perform the Infra Mammory because it's easier and quicker..

Good Luck on your lollipop lift!

x
Liv1
Liv1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 21st March 2012, 12:58 pm

Thanks Liv1!

It's worth considering though, if you do scar badly and you have transax incision, it'll be really hard to hide in the summer, unless you stop raising you arms in public.

If you do choose periareolar make sure your ps is confident it won't affect you chance to breastfeed vs. crease incision if you intend on having children after you ba xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Liv1 21st March 2012, 4:15 pm

No chance of breastfeeding again, not after 2 kids anyway! I'm done lol!

Does anyone out there have areola scars, do they fade quite well?

Thanks

x x
Liv1
Liv1
Newbie BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieMc85 21st March 2012, 5:47 pm

Hi,

My friend had her incision through the nipple. You cannot see the scar at all but she says that her nipples are completely numb now.

I had my incision in the crease. My scars are so small and faint now that you can barely see them and I didn't use anything on them.
You can only see my scars if I raise my arms over my head and the breast tissue lifts up.

Go for the placement that you feel is best for you.

Good luck x
MarieMc85
MarieMc85
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3555

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 21st March 2012, 8:54 pm

Liv1 wrote:No chance of breastfeeding again, not after 2 kids anyway! I'm done lol!

Does anyone out there have areola scars, do they fade quite well?

Thanks

x x

Same here, two beautiful kids, and DH just had a vasecotmy Incision sites 899188

My mom had a full uplift (but no implants) a long time ago, and a good friend of mine had her implants through the nipples. The scars fade to a very light colour but never fully disappear xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by luluthefirst 21st March 2012, 10:48 pm

Hey Liv1, I pm-ed you back, but if it doesn't work just email me again :)

xx
luluthefirst
luluthefirst
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by kiwigirl 21st March 2012, 11:33 pm

I left the decision to my PS. He favours crease incisions for ease of placement and as the path of least interference with milk ducts, etc. I trusted his judgement and know the scars will fade to insignificance soon enough, anyway!

x
kiwigirl
kiwigirl
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 899

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 22nd March 2012, 3:51 pm

I wasn't offered anything other than the crease incision.

My friend had under the muscle implants that went in through her arm pit, you can't see the scar (until she points it out) at all.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down