Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had my Pre-Op today

+6
MozElle83
Smallblue
sparkyleeds
s4mm1e
angellauren
barbiegirl
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Had my Pre-Op today Empty Had my Pre-Op today

Post by barbiegirl 13th February 2012, 5:04 pm

Well, thats me had my pre op today with Transform. I went to see their nurse at the clinic. I went in and she took my blood sample to check for aneamia, took my height and weight and blood pressure, then she took some photos of my boobs pre op for their records.

I asked her what she thought about my choosing to go for the 380cc overs, as im 5ft and 7st, size 6, 32B. She said she thought that size would be huge looking on me but then said that the surgeon wouldnt have recommended that size if he didnt think it would be ok... but it was what she said after that that kind of rocked me.. i quote in ger words "it'll just look like youve put on some weight" WTF!!!?? Sorry i thought the implants were going on my tits, not my **naughty word**!!??

I had prepaired a list of questions for her, and one of them was to ask her opinion on the macom bra and if its any good for after the op etc, and she told me she had never heard of it before, so next i asked her what size of sports bras should i get and again she couldnt really tell me and just said to guess! So i said do you think i should go for a 34 back size to accomodate for swelling and she more or less just agreed with me! I though she would have been more helpful to be honest. She told me i should have recieved a pre op pack by post before i came in, which i hadnt as they forgot to send it to me! She she's going to send it out now (post pre op!).

Then that was it basically, she just told me that the next time i see her will be about 10 days after my op to check my boobs are ok. I had to aske her if it would be ok i could call her with any quieries i had or if i needed any help as she never offered!

Can anyone out there give me your opinion if my chosen implant size is ok? Am i being silly on size? She's got me paranoid now thinking im going to look fat with 380cc.Had my Pre-Op today 869500

xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 149

Back to top Go down

Had my Pre-Op today Empty Re: Had my Pre-Op today

Post by angellauren 13th February 2012, 5:09 pm

Hi, can't help on implant size but I'm a 32aaa and asked my surgeon what size sports bra I should get to accomodate for swelling (I'm hoping to be a b cup) and he said get a 34 so I'm sure you'll be fine with that!

Sorry to hear about the minor hiccups you experienced! It's always a little off putting I think? Especially when it's such a big deal to you!

My surgeon will be the one I see post op, the nurse was telling me at my pre op how particular he is and insists on removing the dressings etc by himself which I was pretty pleased to here, never really take to the nurses tbh!
angellauren
angellauren
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 224

Back to top Go down

Post by s4mm1e 13th February 2012, 5:19 pm

I was a 32b 5'5'' and have 375 extra high overs and I could not be happier they really suit my frame and im sure ppl usually think youve lost weight rather than put it on lol!?!
I think 380's will be fine your slightly taller then me although also slightly skinnier (i'm an 8) but not much difference at all....
Like she said, your surgeon wouldnt do it if he thought you'd look silly, your gonna love them!! :) x
s4mm1e
s4mm1e
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by s4mm1e 13th February 2012, 5:21 pm

Also I got two Macoms one black one white and they are the best! Soooooo comfy! x
s4mm1e
s4mm1e
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 13th February 2012, 5:23 pm

Wow shes got a way with words !!!!,ive been told i look slimmer WITH the new boobs as now my top half is more in proportion to my bottom half! seems she doesnt know her job very well!! Im sorry i cant really help on your sizing,i had 375 unders,went from 34a to 34d/dd,im 5.7 9half stone,size 12 xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 13th February 2012, 5:27 pm

Aww thanks ladies, brilliant advice! S4mme you really have put my mind at rest with the sizing, thankyou so much!

Also can i ask where did you get your macom bra's from? I had a look online and their website is confusing me slightly (easily confused lol). The nurse told me i should only wear bra's that fasten at the back and told me most definately not to wear any that are front fastening for some reason..?Had my Pre-Op today 267328

Thanks again! xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Smallblue 13th February 2012, 5:41 pm

I was giving a front fasten bra by my surgeon and it was lovely and comfortable. I've heard a lot of good reports on the Asda and Tesco sports bras. If you're a 32 band then a 36 for the swelling may be advisable. Misf1 is pretty good at judging sizes. I can't help on the implant size as I went for 300 overs and started with a AA Im now a DD. We're identical stats apart from band size. What bra size would you be happy to end up? You will look curvier but not fatter. The nurse should choose her words more wisely. X
Smallblue
Smallblue
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 590

Back to top Go down

Post by s4mm1e 13th February 2012, 5:58 pm

I phoned them and they knew what it was i wanted... u can get them online though the code is 1007, I cant believe they told u not to get front fastening ones??? you need front fastening as you wont be able to reach round to the back surely?!
Never heard that?
The Macoms are one size apart from the band size... a small is a 32 band which is what i got.... i prob could have done with the medium (34band) to start for the swelling but they wasnt that uncomfortable n i only took about 4 days then they were fine n i hate not wearing them lol!
A lot of ppl do go to asda and are happy with them, I was advised by my surgeon to get a macom so its just up to you, i got a 15% discount u should ask if they offer transform patients that discount as they do with some...
Good luck! :-) x
s4mm1e
s4mm1e
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 13th February 2012, 6:26 pm

Hi smallblue, i would like to be a full DD when done, when i done the rice bags they did look pretty big but ive been told they will look smaller when inside me so i reckon ill end up a good DD. I tried the 340 rice bags and they looked nice but i felt as if it just looked like i had a padded bra on and not much different from how i look right now with a padded bra on. So i figured if i go 380 then it'll lool like theres something there lol! I hope its a good choice, i know im petite framed and i dont want to look out of proportion or like jordan lol!

s4mm3, many thanks for the info on the macoms, im going to see if i can get a discount, il give them a ring for more info, great thanks!

Yeah i did wonder about the front/back fastening thing.. makes sense to have it at the front, otherwise im going to struggle to get behind my back to fasten it, well im just going to take youre advice over the nurse as it seems she aint got a clue! Ill order one and then go to asda or tesco and get some cheaper ones for during the day and wear the macom at night i think.

Thanks so much for all the info, amazing xxxHad my Pre-Op today 683328
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by MozElle83 13th February 2012, 6:27 pm

I've PM'd you hun but you could always try getting a couple of bra expanders rather than buying bras with wider bands x
MozElle83
MozElle83
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 649

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 13th February 2012, 7:07 pm

Hi Mozelle, thankyou! Got your message, sent you one back too. I think thats actually a good idea (expanders) never thought about that. Ill add that to my shopping list! Going to go into town this saturday i think and start getting bits n bobs. My god i cant believe this is really happening! Just wish i had a crystal ball to see how my boobs turn out with the 380s! xxxHad my Pre-Op today 751387 Im driving myself mad with the sizing! If there was an inbetween size between the 340 and 380 id go for that, but transform said there is none, rubbish.

Many thanks again for the help ladies, much appreciated Had my Pre-Op today 948189 xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaArden 13th February 2012, 8:24 pm

Hi barbiegirl, sorry to hear that your burst was being a bit hopeless!! I think 380 will be fine, ive not really got a clue when it comes to size, but all that matters is that you like the way you look!! If you've done a little test and you're happy, then go for it!! And you're two days after me, I've not had my pre op I'm jealous haha!! Can't wait to go in I'm excited eee!! Went out and bought a few bits and bobs, got myself a few sports bras from primark, as I don't know what size, I just kinda guessed haha!! But will be investing in a Macom one I think-front fastening ones seem like a good idea so I don't know what your nurse is going on about haha xxx
EmmaArden
EmmaArden
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 191

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 13th February 2012, 8:30 pm

If you get the macom bra off their website you can get i think 10 % by putting in discount code MYBREAST! Hope it still works!!!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 14th February 2012, 12:53 am

Thanks sparkyleeds! I'll try and use the code on their site, I think I'll get a black one and wear it to bed, I never even gave primark a thought, think I'll try there for some in different sizes just in case!
Emmaarden, it won't be long till your pre op now I'm sure if we're only 2 days apart, itll fly in! I'm really looking forward to it, just hope the 380s are going to be ok and not too big for me! I've decided to leave the size to my surgeon, if he can get the 380s in me then great, if not then its 340s, just going to leave it to him on the day, he wouldn't have recommended the 380 if he didn't think it would be on for me I'm sure (hoping!).
Xxxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 14th February 2012, 10:32 am

Keep an eye on eBay for MaComs honey as some people sell them post op - I am personally keeping mine as it is soooooo comfy to sleep in.
I have a medium for sale as it was too big for me (even though I am now a FF cup!) but it would be too big for you too I think.

I got a couple of shock absorber bras off eBay as well there are some on there advertised as "slightly yellow" and they are about £6-£10 with delivery. They are fine.

I also got my bra extenders (£2) and v pillow (£( incl case and delivery) off of eBay.

I found the MaCom didn't give me enough support to wear it during the day when I was walking around but it has been a godsend at night to give me a break from the tightness of sports bra bands.

I didn't like my first check-up post-op nurse either, and I have to see her again at 6 weeks :-( she even kicked up a fuss when I asked if she could do a 6pm appt as she doesn't work weekends and I work. Even though the system showed she could (I could see her pc screen) she was really grumpy about agreeing to it! Hoping that I get to see my surgeon again at some point.

I can't help on sizing as I had 525s.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1262

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 14th February 2012, 10:38 am

Oh and regarding looking fat - everyone at work has been complimenting me on my gym regime, they all think my @rse has got smaller rather than my tits getting bigger lol!
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 14th February 2012, 11:04 am

Aww thanks auraura! I forgot all about eBay! I've still got time to look on eBay and have it delivered so I'll give that a go. I don't want to spend a fortune on sports bras, theyre not the most flattering of bras anyway!
Ive got my shopping list at the ready, think I'll make a start this week.
Yeah the size is making my head spin! I'm so worried that the 380 will look too big for me now after what the nurse said, but then she agreed that they look smaller inside you! I couldn't get a straight flipping answer from her!
Going to let the surgeon see what he thinks, if it's 380 then I trust him.
:heehee: just don't want to look so big that I draw attention to myself too much lol! Xxxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 14th February 2012, 11:09 am

No problem honey, I set up a search on "Macom bra" so it emailed me every time one was listed.

Wow I remember being at 23 days pre op and cursing how slowly the days were passing! Now I am 24 days post op and wondering where the days have gone, lol!

The nurses don't seem to be overly helpful, I have found the girls on here so much more helpful!

I would maybe PM Misf1 and ask her opinion on size if she doesn't reply to this thread as she does seem to be very good at the sizing!

Oh and I would trust your surgeon - they wouldn't suggest a size if it was going to look ridiculous x
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 14th February 2012, 2:23 pm

Barbiegirl are you having unders or overs? I had 375cc unders and to be honest i wear a D/DD bra but they dont look that big!,i was with all my family last week at my sisters funeral and had a quite tight fitting blouse on and not one person noticed ( i didnt tell anyone i was having them done!) but i always used to wear well padded bras so thats prob why no one has noticed ! Im sure you will be fine with the 380cc!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 15th February 2012, 9:20 am

Think the 380's will be great on you. Even though you're petite your fairly tall. And as sparky says if you are having unders then they look smaller than the ricey test.

Your nurse sounds a waste of space - and as for the comment about looking like putting weight on OMG seriously?!?! Definately not, think I look like ive a better shape all over cos the boobies have made me more proportioned.

Its a good idea to leave it to your PS to decide but then Ive read so many ladies on here post that they are glad that the PS went with the larger option and that they would have been disappointed with size if theyd picked the smaller one. x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 15th February 2012, 10:28 am

Hi ladies, I'm getting overs, not unders. I don't know if that would make them look the full size of implant or if the same rule applies of them looking smaller inside me. I'm only 5 ft tall though as well, quite petite, just getting a bit worried that the 380 is going to make me larger than a DD. ideally I would live a DD cup. The other option put to me was for the 340. I just don't know which of these 2 sizes will give me what I want.
I contacted misf1, and she reckons going with the 380 I'll end up 32E. I've made an appointment to see the surgeon again as its all a bit confusing and I'm worried the 380 will look too big for my frame.
I seen mozzelles pics as she's very similar size to me and the 340 has have her DDs and look nice, she had partial unders though, that's the only difference, and she's a bit taller than me too.
I'm more confused now than I've ever been!
Xxx shrug Xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora1979 15th February 2012, 10:32 am

The implants will still look smaller in you even if you are having overs than they do outside of you. My 525s definitely look smaller than I expected them too.
Aurora1979
Aurora1979
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 15th February 2012, 10:40 am

barbiegirl wrote:as im 5ft and 7st,

sorry - am a div and need glasses Had my Pre-Op today 869500 I read that as '5ft 7' ... instead of what it actually says - thats why I thought you were tall! sorry Had my Pre-Op today 199385
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 15th February 2012, 10:44 am

Im 5ft 2, had 350 unders and am wearing a DD. I think overs do come up a bit bigger than if you had the same implant positioned under - this is what I have read on here anyway. Sorry that you're feeling more confused now sweet - still got time to decide tho, dont worry Had my Pre-Op today 571992
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by barbiegirl 15th February 2012, 10:52 am

Hi Kat, thanks that's good info, if you don't mind me asking, what bra size were you pre BA? Xxx
barbiegirl
barbiegirl
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next