Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

put off by mya's call centre..

+6
roxanne
Princess_x
contessina
needboobs
misf1
seesaw7
10 posters

Go down

put off by mya's call centre.. Empty put off by mya's call centre..

Post by seesaw7 24th January 2012, 7:41 am

had 3 missed calls yesterday from mya (i signed up to their forum the day before). when i eventually was able to pick up the guy basically begged me to go to a free consultation. i really HATE pushy salespeople, has this put anybody else off?
seesaw7
seesaw7
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

put off by mya's call centre.. Empty Re: put off by mya's call centre..

Post by misf1 24th January 2012, 9:38 am

Not really put me off, I'd be more annoyed if they didn't call after I signed up. They all use sales people and some are pushy, some use different more sneaky tactics, just keep your witts about you with all the companies, it's not the nhs and they all only have how much money they can get out of you. Most pcc's are commission based so even though they may treat you like a queen, they only want you to book ans pay. My pcc went to Florida just after I booked my ba. Remember always haggle on price. They always have offers on and that special discount for booking now, is just a tactic to make sure you book with them.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by needboobs 24th January 2012, 10:27 am

I would be put off right away.

I dont believe sales people should be involved in any medical procedure, whether it is cosmetic or not. No one should be 'pushed' into making such life changing decisions. You need good, sound advise NOT @sneaky tactics' to avoid.

Try consulting an independent PS at a private hospital, where you will deal with the surgeon(BAAPSregistered) & his/her secretary direct. Surely if a PS is good they shouldnt need hard sales tactics to get business??
needboobs
needboobs
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 216

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 24th January 2012, 10:38 am

I was put off MYA by the call centre too. I was only at the enquirey stage yet the lady on the other end of the phone kept pushing for me to make an appointment. (This isn't as easy as it sounds when you're a working single mum) As she was so haughty I asked if she'd under gone any plasttic surgery and she answered with more smugness then anyone should muster that she didn't require surgery as she was blessed naturally.

I put the phone down and decided then and there not to use a clinic where my money was used for rude sales people.

As Needboobs says, google your local and prefered private hospitals.. they will list their BA surgeons and often list their direct number (if not google this seperately). You will then deal direct with the PS's secretary. I found one local who even offered a free 1st consult this way.

Good luck x
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 110

Back to top Go down

Post by Princess_x 24th January 2012, 10:44 am

I've had missed calls off them too. I only rang up to find out what implants they use now, and told the woman about my PIP's etc etc.. then I had a voicemail saying " Your appointment is booked for tomorrow at 10am" so I had to ring back saying I didn't agree to an appointment, as I'm waiting for my ultrasound first :S
Princess_x
Princess_x
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2671

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th January 2012, 10:45 am

It's the way of the world now by the looks of it, Mybreast are pretty good, don't know if they have sales people though. The bonus of going to a clinic is they have much longer after care than an independent ps. And they offer payment plans or loans.
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 24th January 2012, 10:53 am

I've found that even though I went direct to a PS i was then free to choose between any of the private hospital chains he used and these were big ones such as BMI and Spire, I am then covered by their terms (and payment plans) and now I have complications my PS has been very helpful.. I've seen him many times since my surgery and know I can see him at the drop of a hat. He's assured me I won't need to spend another penny for my revision. I've never interacted with anyone but him and his secretary.
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by roxanne 24th January 2012, 1:24 pm

Mybreast haven't been pushy from my experience. I've had a couple of calls to book another consult after I told them I'd check my calendar, and that was all. The pushiness would put me off tbh. I don't want to be neglected and ignored, so do want some phone calls, but I don't want to be pushed either. You shouldn't push people into having surgery, it's unethical. xxx
roxanne
roxanne
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 24th January 2012, 1:54 pm

contessina wrote:I've found that even though I went direct to a PS i was then free to choose between any of the private hospital chains he used and these were big ones such as BMI and Spire, I am then covered by their terms (and payment plans) and now I have complications my PS has been very helpful.. I've seen him many times since my surgery and know I can see him at the drop of a hat. He's assured me I won't need to spend another penny for my revision. I've never interacted with anyone but him and his secretary.
That's really good that an independent ps is going to do a revision for free, I've never heard that before they usually wave their fee but you still have to pay the hospital fees ie the bed the anesthetic etc. I don't know about bmi but spires aftercare is only 3 months long or sometimes a year depends what's wrong.
I think the point I'm trying to make is, if you have a complication can you afford the price of revision surgery, if not somewhere like Mybreast may be ideal as they will cover all costs of your revision surgery for 3-5 years. If you can afford the possibility of maybe having to pay some costs of the revision then spire or independent surgeons are really good too. I would contact the independent surgeons and see exactly what you would and wouldn't be covered for, contact the clinics and do the same and make your mind up yourself. Complications are cc, rupture, double bubble, bottoming out, uneven breasts, failure of implants to drop into place, etc
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kat4 24th January 2012, 2:01 pm

contessina wrote:she was so haughty I asked if she'd under gone any plasttic surgery and she answered with more smugness then anyone should muster that she didn't require surgery as she was blessed naturally.

I put the phone down and decided then and there not to use a clinic where my money was used for rude sales people.

Blimey ... not surprised you put the phone down!!! - would have been tempted to tell her to .... to ..... ahm ..... <fill in something appropriate> off ?? put off by mya's call centre.. 557141

oooh I hate people like that. She probably had a face like a bag of spannersput off by mya's call centre.. 557141

x
Kat4
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1671

Back to top Go down

Post by contessina 24th January 2012, 3:00 pm

Kat4 wrote:

Blimey ... not surprised you put the phone down!!! - would have been tempted to tell her to .... to ..... ahm ..... off ?? put off by mya's call centre.. 557141

oooh I hate people like that. She probably had a face like a bag of spannersput off by mya's call centre.. 557141

x

HaHaHa put off by mya's call centre.. 557141 Thankyou, that made me laugh!
contessina
contessina
Active BJSF Member

Back to top Go down

Post by seesaw7 24th January 2012, 5:21 pm

thank you for all your replies ladies :)

i understand 100% that at the end of the day, it is a business. but the guy was just so pushy.. clearly wanted his commission and kept using my first name as if that would help persuade me? very odd.

i am still interested in MYA (i would like to use mr singh) but i may go for a consultation with spire, there's £1000 difference between them though, difficult.

xx
seesaw7
seesaw7
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 24th January 2012, 6:47 pm

Luckily i just enquired about the hospital group i didnt get loads of phone calls just one to book a consultation i booked myself with the pcc then the surgeon and she was very honest and upfront she wasnt pushy becuase she said at the end of the day she gets paid whether i book or not so she didnt need to push anyone into it, she has talked people out of it before as she felt they werent ready.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by SarahMichelle 24th January 2012, 10:46 pm

Hi gun, I can really recommend spire. Not at any point was I bothered pressured. Even the way the surgeon spoke to me he stayed very neutral it was very much as if it was down to me if I wanted to take things further. working in sales myself I can usually tell when someone is leading you down a sales route.

Contessina, sounds like the people you spoke to were targeted to book people in for consultations (which is likely to be the same across the group).

The girls on here know their stuff, it's great to have a second opinion :) x
SarahMichelle
SarahMichelle
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by red 24th January 2012, 11:40 pm

Hiya. I've just had a 2nd ba with Mya and wouldn't let the call centre put you off. They have been fantastic before my op and with aftercare. It was a very stressful time as I only had my first ba in 2008 with Spire which was a huge disapointment results wise-mainly using a low profile which was totaly wrong for me. I think with Mya and other large companies a patient co-ordinator is very important in helping discussing any concerns or worries. Apart from being very unhappy with my first ba result a year down the line I thought I had a problem and contacted Spire where I was told it would be a further £150 to see a surgeon and if revision surgery was required only the implants were free and I would have to pay all costs. I think generaly the surgeons are sub-contracted to work for Spire and unless they pay for a re-op for you out of their own pockets you are liable for all Spire hospital costs. Before my first ba I really didnt want to use one of the big companys but after my experiences I couldnt be happier with the service from Mya and my surgeon Gary Traynor. Good Luck
red
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 196

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down