Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/

+5
gillmoo
welshvicci123
Bubs
barbiecon
cheekimunki
9 posters

Go down

Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/ Empty Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/

Post by cheekimunki 8th January 2012, 10:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I really need your expert knowledge and first-hand experience to help me think rationally..... Help!?!?!

I am a scientist and, being an idiot, started to Google long term health effects of Silicone implants. I have 2 weeks until my BA and I am seriously starting to doubt myself and I am being selfish by having them done....My biggest worry is that something will happen in years to come that will mean that I am risking my health and won't be around to see my kids grow up :( Does that seem sill and extreeme!? :/

There are a few things that I am worried about - I will list them below in a moment. I am mainly worried that there hasn't been much research about the long term health effects of silicone implants (as people physically haven't had them in long enough to gather research/data on them). I stumbled upon this website and this is what got me worried.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm worried about the neurological effects of silicone/ small polymers of silicone migrating from the implant (even if it hasn't ruptured) to the brain/ lung etc and causing cancer, rheumatoid/ autoimmune problems... the list goes on. EEEEK!

Please can someone help me - I'm sure that there are loads of you that have done your own research. I have been really set on getting my BA but I guess that I am having last minute nerves and need someone to rationalise me......

Thank you girls - your help and support is always amazing and I don't know where I would be without you.

Much love

xxxxx
cheekimunki
cheekimunki
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/ Empty Re: Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/

Post by barbiecon 8th January 2012, 10:34 pm

Hi Hunny i think its perfectly normal to go through this i have a (nearly) 2 year old and i was worried incase i died or something lol but the actuall percentage that you will die was less than getting hit by a car and the same chance as dying by being hit by a cocanut, u take risks every day in life you could die going to the toilet at least this is something to make your self feel happy, you obvs need to feel this is what you want but i doubt your going to die and you will have a much happier life if this is a big hang up for you xxx
barbiecon
barbiecon
Pregnant Buddy
Pregnant Buddy

Number of posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/ Empty Re: Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/

Post by Bubs 9th January 2012, 9:15 am

Hey I'm the biggest worrier in the world and had all these thoughts! Even the week after having them done. But you have to rationalise things- these days anything can cause cancer!! Passive smoking, drinking, working with chemicals, stress so on so on!! Life is way too short to be living in fear! I have a baby and a 2yr old and I don't see it as selfish that I've had a boob job, these days it's so common it's just the norm. I did struggle for ages to man up about it and the best thing for me was thinking about how quick life goes by and people come and go so sudden, I bet ther last thoughts wer 'I wish I had' !!!! Xxxx
Bubs
Bubs
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 52

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 9th January 2012, 9:55 am

I dont think your being selfish atall, it is normal to have all of these feelings but you have to think that this is for you to make you happy in turn will make your kids even happier, and at the end of the day everything these days seems to be 'bad' for you. You only live once make the most of the once chance in life you have.
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by gillmoo 9th January 2012, 11:25 am

I felt very torn about having mine done as my two daughters lost their dad less than two years ago, he died very suddenly and unexpectedly, and I just kept thinking what if something happens to me? But in the end I thought that life is too short, I know that he would have wanted me to go for it, and the odds of anything bad happening to me were very low.

I know already that Im going to be a lot happier in myself, which I hope will make things easier for my girls, so i say do it, because youre worth it! xx
gillmoo
gillmoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 9th January 2012, 11:33 am

I dont think your being selfish at all! Everyone worries that something may happen but when your time is up thats it ,whatever you do,go for it ,as the other girls said youve more chance of getting hit by a bus !Make the most of your time on earth you dont know when it will be taken from you!xxx
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 9th January 2012, 11:41 am

Your not selfish whatsoever and everything that im thinking has been said.

But one thing I would like to add is ......Back away from google it can be a scarey place and dont even start with the imagesAm I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/ 199385 xx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by sparkyleeds 9th January 2012, 12:27 pm

I agree with you peggysue!,too much information is not always a good thing ,ignorance is bliss sometimes !!x
sparkyleeds
sparkyleeds
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1901

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekimunki 9th January 2012, 9:05 pm

Ah wow!

Thank you so much for your responses girls! You really are amazing!

You are right - I really have to put things into persepctive.... At the moment I avoid going swimming with the kids as I am too embaressed, avoid the gym (I used to be a MASSIVE gym bunny!) and am dreading the summer. By 'fixing' myself I may be able to feel a little 'free-er' and less self concious.

Oh, Gillmoo..... you poor thing! I can't imagine what you have been through. I can definately understand your take on living for the moment. Thank you for your honest reply. You are 6 days post-op... how is it going??

Peggysue/ Sparkyleeds: you are right, Google is terrible for scaring people - I'm normally the first one to say that to other people! I just couldn't help myself as I wanted to understand everything before I jumped in and did it! :/ Doh!

Thank you soooo much for your help - you are the best! Big hugs Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/ 571992

xxx
cheekimunki
cheekimunki
Newbie BJSF Member

Number of posts : 28

Back to top Go down

Post by peggysue 9th January 2012, 9:18 pm

Your not alone hunny were all here.And as for swimming I cant wait to take my kids swimming in 3 weeks. It will be the second time I have taken my 21month baby!! I felt so selfish but would get really bad anxiety over it and end it a jibbering crying mess....but no longer i cant wait to get that swimsuit on.All you girls pre ba I cant wait for you all to feel better xxx
peggysue
peggysue
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post by gillmoo 9th January 2012, 9:31 pm

Thanks cheekimunki, I'm doing really well, no big problems at all up to now touch wood!

Just go for it, it will be one of the best things you have ever done, I cant stop looking in the mirror, something I avoided before last week,and I cant wait to go on holiday and look like a proper woman! xx
gillmoo
gillmoo
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 289

Back to top Go down

Post by Redhead1 11th January 2012, 6:43 pm

Of course what we have all done is selfish. Most of us could easily spend the money on our kids, houses and other more practical things.
Yes there are health implications with any operation but my surgeon told me after my op as a normal woman I have a one in nine chance of getting breast cancer the same as every other woman on the site that doesn't have a hereditary link he also said the chances of getting breast cancer from an implant are 1 in 500,000. I am sure that I have more of a chance of being hit by a bus, except now I have built in airbags!!
I don't know about the other ladies but my kids would definitely say I have been a lot happier since I had this done and that in turn makes me a better mum.
Sometimes you have to be selfish and do what makes you happy,
Having an open mind is good and you need to be aware of negative things that can happen but they don't happen often. We all have doubts before the op but you need to think ahead to the new you a month down the line.
Like the others I can't wait to go swimming and sunbathing for the first time in my life. xx
Redhead1
Redhead1
Active BJSF Member

Number of posts : 121

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 11th January 2012, 7:34 pm

Well said Redhead - I second that!! Sometimes we need to be selfish it is OUR lives after all...your children will have lovely long lives of their own - you will be a better mummy if you make yourself happy first.

Gilmoo so sorry for your loss hunni Am I being selfish-I want 2 see my kids grow up :/ 571992
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down