Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Breast Buddies
Hi and welcome to Breast Buddies Forum!

As a guest you're more than welcome to browse the forums and get information about breast augmentation surgery. We feel that everyone deserves to look and feel their best, and all are welcome to have a look around! However some forums are hidden and some aren't available to guests, so you're more than welcome to join up and join in to fully take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Why Register?

• Keep up to date with the latest surgery news
• Chat to friendly girls who've been through the op
• See pictures of real life patients
• Get advice on implant types, sizes, shapes, placements and more
• Ask our resident BAAPS surgeons
• Get your own boob job diary and calendar events
• Get your countdown ticker to your special day
• Access members-only forums

Plus more... much more!

Use the buttons below to register or log in.

Thanks for visiting and talk you soon!
Breast Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think you can cause symmastia...

+2
becki_1990
Pussycat
6 posters

Go down

Do you think you can cause symmastia... Empty Do you think you can cause symmastia...

Post by Pussycat 1st December 2011, 2:03 pm

... By wearing bra that pushes them together early post op? I wear a bra that pushed them slightly together for work (it's like a wonderbra type thing from asda) and I dunno if they're just settling but they look pretty close together, and now when I grab my boobs the skin really tightens in the middle between them and there is no definition. Could this just still be swelling? I'm 5 weeks po and I had unders. I hope my bra hasn't damaged them and caused uniboob!! Awkward!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Do you think you can cause symmastia... Empty Re: Do you think you can cause symmastia...

Post by becki_1990 1st December 2011, 2:16 pm

hey hun i doubt that the bra has damaged them lol it probably is the swelling because your only 5 weeks po .... is it an underwire bra ? i no i and most people arent supposed to wear one for about 3 months po ?? i look like i have a uni boob because the middle is all swollen and nurse said this will take about 3months to go down Do you think you can cause symmastia... 62722

xxx
becki_1990
becki_1990
BJSF Addict

Number of posts : 205

Back to top Go down

Do you think you can cause symmastia... Empty Re: Do you think you can cause symmastia...

Post by alexandra33 1st December 2011, 2:27 pm

Hey hun - I also doubt a bra could cause this, symmastia I think is usually over-dissection of the pocket when an inexperienced surgeon tries to give someone "more" cleavage, by placing the implants too close together.....But I was also told to let mine settle for 3 months before using underwire....
also, agree w/ becki - my cleavage swelling didnt' go down til about 12 weeks or so, it's still a little "pudgy" between there but could be b/c I'M getting pudgy from winter already Do you think you can cause symmastia... 557141
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 1588

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 1st December 2011, 4:05 pm

Aw thanks ladies, to be honest I've never been told by my ps/pc/nurse when can wear wires etc, everything I've learned has been from here! They just said I could wear any bra I liked after my 2 week check up, and yes... It's wired :I

Please don't hit me!!

Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 1st December 2011, 4:19 pm

LOL Do you think you can cause symmastia... 494993

Don't worry no judgments - I'm jealous I had to wear sportsbra FOREVER and now I"m so used to it underwires bother me after a few hours Do you think you can cause symmastia... 43877
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by welshvicci123 1st December 2011, 8:19 pm

I dont think you would cause this by wearing a bra, but it it slightly soon to wear a bra like that at 5weeks p/o as your boobies need to settle. x x
welshvicci123
welshvicci123
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 2289

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 1st December 2011, 9:04 pm

Im not sure about this hun so I would call your P.S to ask his adviseDo you think you can cause symmastia... 267328

5 weeks post op is still quite early to be wearing push together bras but again it all depends on what your P.S has told you.

I would say that the tightness inbetween your boobs is just down to swelling which you may well have due to the style of bra your wearing 5 weeks after your op.

Symmastia is normally down to P.S error when they make the pocket fot the implant to close together but this is normall clear right after your op.........if Symmastia is not seen straight after your op and start to appear gradually then that could be down to you having a weak muscle that keeps your boobs apart and this isnt down to P.S error.

If your really worried that you may have Symmastia then id get in to see your P.S just to be sure and put your mind at rest but ,like I say I sure its just the push up bra causing swelling due to you only being 5 weeks post-op

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 1st December 2011, 11:03 pm

Thankyou for all your advices ladies!

I keep wearing it as I just assumed it was harmless, as it's so comfortable I don't even feel like I'm wearing one! But it's definitely not worth doing any damage. Damn bras will have to wait in the drawer!
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by misf1 2nd December 2011, 1:26 pm

Some ladies are told to wear underwired push up bras to force their settling boobs together for more cleavage, so I do believe you could be causeing your boobs to settle more closely together, however I dont think it will cause symmastia. It does sound like swelling, especially as you are so early. I would check again with your PS nurse and maybe go for a check up so they can check how they are healing. I assume you will be having a 6 week check up soon?
misf1
misf1
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 13664

http://www.breastaccessories.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 2nd December 2011, 3:15 pm

Hey :) no actually at my 4 week check up my ps said I could be discharged now as there was no need to see me anymore and I asked if I needed to cone back to see the nurse and he said no! Should I just make an appt anyway??
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd December 2011, 3:44 pm

You paid a lot of money pussycat - I firmly believe that as long as you have those implants in, you should be able to go see him or the nurse with any issues you may have. Don't let him fob you off, he's done thousands of these, but this is your only one, so to you it's more important than to him.

Honestly, I've seen my PS 3 times since the op and have another checkup scheduled for 6 months from now. I think 4 weeks may be a BIT premature for a discharge.

Do what feels right to you hunni, and big Do you think you can cause symmastia... 571992

xx
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Crystal 2nd December 2011, 4:28 pm

wow Id say being discharged at 4 weeks it to early! I still had lots of swelling at 5-6 weeks post op so cant see why he would do that...

I had my 2 week check up, then 6 weeks then 3 month just to make sure things were still settling in the right way....4 weeks is just to earlyyou will have loads more questions like this that will need answering over the next few monthsDo you think you can cause symmastia... 267328

I would stop the bras and see if the swelling settles in the next week and a half, if not then id book in for him to give you a check over.

xx
Crystal
Crystal
BJSF Elite Member

Number of posts : 3724

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 2nd December 2011, 4:42 pm

Aww Thankyou Alexandra :) you're totally right, I also thought 4 weeks was a bit prem but went along with it anyway, as I normally do!

Ps Your avatar is amaaaazing! What a cleavage!!!

Crystal - Thankyou yeah I'll refrain from the bra! I wonder why they discharged me so early?!
Your avatar is also lovely! Thankyou for your help :) x
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandra33 2nd December 2011, 4:44 pm

Thanks pussycat - i have to give the bra some of the credit for the cleavage - i bought one size smaller to really smoosh em together Do you think you can cause symmastia... 557141

I'm sure with 420 you'll have a lovely cleavage - that's a brill size wish I'd gone with it as well !! Do you think you can cause symmastia... 113752 greed!!!

xxxx
alexandra33
alexandra33
BJSF Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Pussycat 2nd December 2011, 4:59 pm

Yeah but yours look really big! Mine don't, hence the naughty bra I've been using oh so early! You started out bigger than mine too, but yours do look massive! Lucky girl! I would have gone bigger too if I could have but that was the max, I was gutted lol x
Pussycat
Pussycat
BJSF Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down